Aftermarket LEDS

Beardog

I just put in a set of blue lights for my girls brother. He lives in Chantaburi & it is crazier than Pattaya. Kinda like a restrictor plate nascar race where everyone drives on your rear end...so I can see his concern on his new black wave where he lives. I had to pick up some glue sticks for the application & the bag flew out of the grocery bag I had so I had to go back to where it flew out. I wound up hitting a poor soi dog with my 650 Kawi .It killed the poor dog instantly. I really felt horrible as I love dogs & he was only 1-2 years old in good shape. I am glad I wasn't on his scooter. My bike sustained zero damage as it blew the kamakazi dog to the side of the road.

When I put the lights in I was surprised at how shitty Honda put this bike together. I touched the wires together when I showed off the Rear brake light & had to hunt for the damn fuse for the tail & headlight circuit. 2 hours later after having to take off most of the panels I found it & replaced the fuse. The bike had 5 stripped screws on a new bike. They should lay off the impact equipment & hand tighten so they just dn't slam the bolts in a haphazzard manner.

Anyway it came out great & is highly visable for being seen in the night. here are some pics.

post-32440-0-03500300-1397627169_thumb.j

post-32440-0-45728800-1397627188_thumb.j

post-32440-0-90486900-1397627217_thumb.j

post-32440-0-23186900-1397627232_thumb.j

I can't blame them lighting up their bikes in Thailand. Apart from the obvious bling factor, these bikes do stand out at night time and to be honest I've had a few close calls at night time with bikes with feeble marker lights on dark country roads.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Edited by Garry

And her brother isn't into the bling factor but doesn't want to be another statistic in Thailand. It shoild work good as intended. It is Hella bright.

Understood, the bling line was more a general comment. The easier I can see them and they see me the better all round. :)

• Like 1

It's not just the Wave mate. I bought our Suzuki Smash back from up country and it's really basic! It's got nearly 9k on the clock. For a one10cc it's pretty slow through the gears all 4 of them. I took it in to the new Suzie shop on Sukhumvit Rd had it serviced....but it made no difference. The seat is way to hard for any more than a 20km run. Looking at it from afar you could mistake it for a Wave. But at least on a Suzuki there is an oil filter you can change! I do like fresh oil and fresh filter at service.

Pity about the dog.

Sorry for the dog.

Apart from that i prefer extra lights if they are thw reflected towards others' eyes such as some hidden leds in the engine compartment.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Sorry for the dog.

Apart from that i prefer extra lights if they are thw reflected towards others' eyes such as some hidden leds in the engine compartment.

I'm thinking about getting some LED driving lights for my Ducati. Very similar to the ones fitted to the BMW 1200's.

Sorry for the dog.

I'm thinking about getting some LED driving lights for my Ducati. Very similar to the ones fitted to the BMW 1200's.

I have two standard led direction lights above the headlight on my cbr650. Each 12 watts! I want to put a couple of strong leds; one in the engine compartment and one close to swingarm. Not towards the eye of others. It is always nice to have some side visibility especially for dangerous u turn situations in thailand and crossing a road.

Also i am after some led headlights.

Sorry for the dog.

I have two standard led direction lights above the headlight on my cbr650. Each 12 watts! I want to put a couple of strong leds; one in the engine compartment and one close to swingarm. Not towards the eye of others. It is always nice to have some side visibility especially for dangerous u turn situations in thailand and crossing a road.

I found a website selling LED HeadLight bulbs. H4's in my case. I'll find the link and get back to you. But I do recall that by design they are a double element LED (not high or low beam) but to ensure the entire reflector is used.

I was able to get the front blue bulbs. Now it looks complete & is more visable front & rear. The white or blue LED'S seem too be better for increasing the visability. The green is hella brite but kinda distracting. I have the green inside the rear set just for accents. There was some fool driving his car in the middle of the lane & then started swerving left to right - almost to see if he could get his car on 2 wheels. glad I saw the fool from a distance back & stayed clear of himwhen I went to Pattaya Or could have been a husband wife dispute with one of them grabbing the wheel. Saturday when we take our niece to Songran I am going to leave the bikes behind & just take the Baht bus. Not sure if its safer but at least I can work on getting a buzz & not have to drive with the MOW MOW's! I think I will be getting a high power light myself. I am waiting for Vocal Neils review on his post I looked at. I did finda scooter shop today by accident that sells supplies at Thai price 10-20 baht a bulb compared to the 160 baht a bulb (marker lights) I paid at the el Lamo bike shop in the begining. Fuses are only 10 baht too.

Still feel bad about the doggie ....May he rest in peace!

Edited by Beardog

Sorry for the dog.

I found a website selling LED HeadLight bulbs. H4's in my case. I'll find the link and get back to you. But I do recall that by design they are a double element LED (not high or low beam) but to ensure the entire reflector is used.

Here is the item on eBay:

Spec: 6000K xenon HID white color 48W, 2200 lumens

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREE-H4-9003-High-Power-COB-LED-Array-2200lm-High-Low-HeadLight-Light-H6054-Bulb-/360907795292

$_12.JPG$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

Edited by Garry
  • Like 1

yep thats the one looks like it really cranks out some serious spot power. They look like they would show the shadows way in advance instead of when you are right on the object or dog or person.

The price seems worth the gamble to fit them to my bike

Anytime you add lighting make sure your bike's alternator can handle the extra current draw.

LED strips like the OP pull very little amperage, I have 10 on my little scooter.

Those headlamps say 48 watts on high & low beam; might overrun a bike's alternator.

Edited by ttakata

I think the big lamps are made for bigger bikes only. The Honda wave I just wired up had a very weak lighting system due to the small amount of charge put back in the battery. It would probablt either melt the lens cover or kill the bike trying to power the lights up.

Anytime you add lighting make sure your bike's alternator can handle the extra current draw.

LED strips like the OP pull very little amperage, I have 10 on my little scooter.

Those headlamps say 48 watts on high & low beam; might overrun a bike's alternator.

I think the big lamps are made for bigger bikes only. The Honda wave I just wired up had a very weak lighting system due to the small amount of charge put back in the battery. It would probablt either melt the lens cover or kill the bike trying to power the lights up.

Just an example guys, that's all :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREE-H4-9003-High-Power-COB-LED-Array-2200lm-High-Low-HeadLight-Light-H6054-Bulb-/360907795292

$_12.JPG$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

I have seen 30 w and 40 w of these with different Cree led chips.

My cbr650 has h4 standard lights 55/60w low and high so does a 40 w led light is OK?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile appI found a website selling LED HeadLight bulbs. H4's in my case. I'll find the link and get back to you. But I do recall that by design they are a double element LED (not high or low beam) but to ensure the entire reflector is used.

$_12.JPG$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

My cbr650 has h4 standard lights 55/60w low and high so does a 40 w led light is OK?

Wattage is still wattage. On our bigger power plants it shouldn't be an issue. :)

• Like 1

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile appI found a website selling LED HeadLight bulbs. H4's in my case. I'll find the link and get back to you. But I do recall that by design they are a double element LED (not high or low beam) but to ensure the entire reflector is used.

$_12.JPG$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

Wattage is still wattage. On our bigger power plants it shouldn't be an issue. smile.png

Most of these LED lights are coming out of China. I looked at buying a batch but their asking to much at the factory gate. But it it the way of the future for auto lighting.