Getting really high at Songkran with a camera

PETDCAT

I know this is not going to win me friends... But flying a remotely controlled vehicle over crowds of people raises a number of questions, not least of which is risk to those on the ground.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I do not like the idea that when in a public area some anonymous person is using a camera connected to a UAV to take video and post on public forums. I have mentioned before that there are significant other concerns too with unrestricted use of these devices.

I know this is not going to win me friends... But flying a remotely controlled vehicle over crowds of people raises a number of questions, not least of which is risk to those on the ground.

Interesting dilemma.......let's look at where the risks on the ground are...

Songkran to date 322 deaths, 3225 injuries, 2992 road accidents and counting.....(Chiang Mai featuring prominently) verses Petdcat with quadcopter at NIL.

Anonymous people take anonymous photos and anonymous video in public areas every day in Chiang Mai........I think TAT call in "tourism".

Roll on the video ...looking forward to it.

Edited by mamborobert

I suppose we can discount the presence of a UAV within the ATZ of an international airport as acceptable if it encourages tourism then.

I suppose we can discount the presence of a UAV within the ATZ of an international airport as acceptable if it encourages tourism then.

The post is abut Songkran with a camera....not airports.....I don't think TAT extensively use CNX or Swampy for tourism ads.

Having said that similar drones are used to protect airports in my home country...and any unauthorised access to an ATZ is a criminal offence.

Can we just look at the video with some deserved admiration and wonderment?

My apologies for using irony. My point is that the pictures ' getting really high at Songkran ' appear to show the UAV to be within CNX ATZ.

Are you for real fantom with that kind of response? Or just like to brag you have a Nexus 7?

:lol: Mkay.. wait, this is where everyone on the ground is trying their damndest to drink themselves to death, drown in the moat, or hurl buckets of water at passing traffic.

As people may know I'm the biggest Songkran afficionado ever, but even I wouldn't be particularly concerned about a bit of plastic overhead. (Now if it could carry a significant payload of water then I'd be intrigued. ;) )

I do not like the idea that when in a public area some anonymous person is using a camera connected to a UAV to take video and post on public forums. I have mentioned before that there are significant other concerns too with unrestricted use of these devices.

In the public space, anyone can take video of anything. And indeed they do. Example:

http://livecam.tourismthailand.org/chiang-mai1/

post-64232-0-34128100-1397805357_thumb.j

• Like 1

The safety instructions supplied by Quadcopter specifically state avoid flying near people or spectators. Also in the proximity of airports.

The pictures show the quadcopter was flying in an area well within the ATZ terminal area controlled by CNX tower. In short it was flying in the CNX airspace.

If anyone has doubt's about this try flying one in Heathrow or Manchester terminal area in the UK and see what happens.

In regard to flying over spectators again imagine doing something similar over the Boston Marathon or a big festival

As the Quadcopter company says, these are not toys

I think these are wonderful machines and the potential has barely been scratched.

Yes I am serious and my nexus 7 gives me full bragging rights!