Non "O" Retirement Documents

What documents do I need for a NON "O" Retirement Visa. I am aware of the "money in the bank" aspect....but I can not locate on the immigration website (now totaling confusing since the update) what form number I should use. The new website is now extremely vague and does not tell you what documents I need....however, as usual, I will prepare every document imaginable and just hand them a 'book'. BUT if anyone does have the "current required documents list".....please give a reply. And yes, I apologize for yet another redundant post....please forgive

I use this as a reference:-

So if you are going for a retirement extension, have the following:

· TM 7, printed on a single sheet front and back. (attached)
· Color Photo 4 x 6 cm (I already had mine attached to the TM 7)
· Passport
· Copies of all used pages from your Passport. Sign each page.
· Copies of house book, sign each page. I also had the housearrow-10x10.png book but the agent did not check it.
· Proof of income. I have used both a bank statement and letter from Embassy, both worked.
· Thai income form. (attached)
· Acknowledgement form (attached)
· 1900 baht.

Now if you are not leaving Thailand, this is basically it, except KCI might require a TM 47 (90 day report).

Forms Required (TM 7 and 47 can be filled in using work, the other 2 require pen and ink):
clip.gif tm7.doc (54 kB - downloaded 9 times.)
clip.gif form_acknow_con2stay.doc (30.5 kB - downloaded 8 times.)
clip.gif Immigration income form.pdf (569.79 kB - downloaded 7 times.)
clip.gif tm47.doc (37 kB - downloaded 6 times.)

Want are you wanting to get?

Are you asking about getting a conversion to non immigrant visa entry the you can extend for one year based upon retirement.

Or do you already have a non-o visa entry or an extension that you want to extend?

For conversion you would use a TM87 form if you have a visa exempt entry or a TM86 if you have a tourist visa.

For a extension of stay you use a TM7 form.

For all the above you need copies of your passport photo page, visa if any, entry/permit to stay stamp, extension stamp if any and TM6 departure card.

You need a bank letter confirming you bank balance and copies of your bank book.

You may also need proof of residence.

I use this as a reference:-

So if you are going for a retirement extension, have the following:

· TM 7, printed on a single sheet front and back. (attached)

· Color Photo 4 x 6 cm (I already had mine attached to the TM 7)

· Passport

· Copies of all used pages from your Passport. Sign each page.

· Copies of house book, sign each page. I also had the housearrow-10x10.png book but the agent did not check it.

· Proof of income. I have used both a bank statement and letter from Embassy, both worked.

· Thai income form. (attached)

· Acknowledgement form (attached)

· 1900 baht.

Now if you are not leaving Thailand, this is basically it, except KCI might require a TM 47 (90 day report).

Forms Required (TM 7 and 47 can be filled in using work, the other 2 require pen and ink):

clip.gif tm7.doc (54 kB - downloaded 9 times.)

clip.gif form_acknow_con2stay.doc (30.5 kB - downloaded 8 times.)

clip.gif Immigration income form.pdf (569.79 kB - downloaded 7 times.)

clip.gif tm47.doc (37 kB - downloaded 6 times.)

Thank you very much.....this is as complete a response as I could ever imagine....very thorough Jipp 99.

Want are you wanting to get?

Are you asking about getting a conversion to non immigrant visa entry the you can extend for one year based upon retirement.

Or do you already have a non-o visa entry or an extension that you want to extend?

For conversion you would use a TM87 form if you have a visa exempt entry or a TM86 if you have a tourist visa.

For a extension of stay you use a TM7 form.

For all the above you need copies of your passport photo page, visa if any, entry/permit to stay stamp, extension stamp if any and TM6 departure card.

You need a bank letter confirming you bank balance and copies of your bank book.

You may also need proof of residence.

Yes, I should have mentioned that I am renewing my 'retirement visa'....thank you.

If you are after an extension of stay based on retirement, it would be useful If you could state which immigration office you will be applying to, as we all know that different offices can have different requirements and then maybe someone who has had a recent experience at that office may be able to offer advice and share their experience with you....

Edited by mxyzptlk

You are applying for a 12 month extension of your permission to stay.

You are not renewing your retirement visa.

If you are using the savings in the bank method you need a letter from the bank and an updated bank book showing the same balance.

You do not need anything from your embassy.

If you are after an extension of stay based on retirement, it would be useful If you could state which immigration office you will be applying to, as we all know that different offices can have different requirements and then maybe someone who has had a recent experience at that office may be able to offer advice and share their experience with you....

I will partake of this joyous activity at the illustrious Samut Prakan Immigration office.....aaahhhh, I can see the packed parking lot already....