PDRC to stage new rally on Thursday

webfact

PDRC to stage new rally on Thursday

BANGKOK, 16 April 2014 (NNT) - The People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) is set to re-mobilize on Thursday after taking a long break during the Songkran Festival.

PDRC leader Suthep Thaugsuban is slated to discuss the group’s next moves with heads of major state enterprise unions, including the State Railway of Thailand and the Electricity Generating Authority. Later in the day the group will stage rallies to urge more people to join their cause.

Meanwhile, PDRC member Thavorn Senneam said the group is refraining from confronting members of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship, which is due to stage a demonstration on Friday.

The PDRC has been beefing up security near its Lumpini Park rally site, following the shooting of one of its security guards earlier in the week.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-16 footer_n.gif

Lets hope the rallies go peacefully and the UDD minority supporters do not feel a need to unleash violence on the PDRC supporters AGAIN as they had been accused of when the PDRC guard was shot.

Violence does not bode well for the majority nor does a lack of accountability when perpetrating that violence.

What the kicker is that of late, violence is being let off the leash to attack people that believe in reform, believe in accountability and believe in 15 principles of democracy, one of which is the rule of law is paramount to ensure democracy is stable.

Again, safe and incident free rallies are in my thoughts and hopes.

• Like 2

I should imagine that Suthep is hoping his legions come back from their Songkran holiday!

Getting the union leaders to close down the railways and turn off the electricity should really boost his support!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by JAG
  • Like 2

Only reds and government think Suthep is alone and only support by "ammart" , but PRDC are support by a lot of civil servants, unions, medium taxpayer and the silent citizen how are against corruption....

Just look support of civil servant and citizen when PRDC walk in street of Bangkok

• Like 2

PDRC and state enterprise unions are to meet to discuss major rally

suthep-10-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- People’s Democratic Reform Committee core leaders will on Thursday meet with leaders of state enterprise labour unions to discuss their next major rally and their strategy for the “final” battle against the government.

PDRC secretary-general Suthep Thuagsuban said today (Wednesday) that the key of the mass rally was to encourage as many government officials and people as possible to take part.

“Every step from April 17 onward is an important step so we move forward toward victory,” said Suthep in his address to the crowd of supporters at Lumpini park Tuesday night.

From his observation, he said that political situation in Thailand could not be considered as genuine democratic because every election was wrought with widespread fraud, vote buying and selling.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pdrc-state-enterprise-unions-meet-discuss-major-rally/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-16

From his observation, he said that political situation in Thailand could not be considered as genuine democratic because every election was wrought with widespread fraud, vote buying and selling.

Of course it is better to have a government without the right to vote and with just as much fraud.

• Like 1

I should imagine that Suthep is hoping his legions come back from their Songkran holiday!

Getting the union leaders to close down the railways and turn off the electricity should really boost his support!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Where does it say in the OP that he is going to urge them to close the railways and cut off the electricity?

The health ministry totally support him, but I can't recall they closed all Thailand's hospitals.

You have the brains of a biscuit tin.

• Like 2

Lets hope the rallies go peacefully and the UDD minority supporters do not feel a need to unleash violence on the PDRC supporters AGAIN as they had been accused of when the PDRC guard was shot.

Violence does not bode well for the majority nor does a lack of accountability when perpetrating that violence.

What the kicker is that of late, violence is being let off the leash to attack people that believe in reform, believe in accountability and believe in 15 principles of democracy, one of which is the rule of law is paramount to ensure democracy is stable.

Sorry djjamie, the security guard's death was, in the vernacular, blue on blue.

• Like 2

Sorry djjamie, the security guard's death was, in the vernacular, blue on blue.

With all due respect what has vernacular (native language of a specific population) and "blue on blue" got to do what what I said? Which was I hoped no violence was unleashed with an example being an accused attack by a UDD supporter on a PDRC guard.

Remember I said this with due respect and I did not condescend you.

So please afford me the same courtesy. If you reply, don't demonize me, don't be condescending, don't quote me out of context, don't change the subject and don't cherry pick.

Why would the heads of any state enterprises want anything whatsoever to do with Suthep?

Because quite simply.....Suthep is a Winner..... and we all like winners... plus, why would they not ? biggrin.png

He is a winner of big money. Collecting so much and just put it in his own pockets

Why would the heads of any state enterprises want anything whatsoever to do with Suthep?

Because quite simply.....Suthep is a Winner..... and we all like winners... plus, why would they not ? biggrin.png

He is a winner of big money. Collecting so much and just put it in his own pockets

Compare with PTP Suthep is an amature.

violence is being let off the leash to attack people that believe in reform, believe in accountability and believe in 15 principles of democracy, one of which is the rule of law is paramount to ensure democracy is stable.

This troll nonsense really gets boring.

Find a new hobby "dj"

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Because, they support him, as does the MAJORITY of Thai peoplethumbsup.gif width=25 alt=thumbsup.gif>

If Suthep has the support of the heads of these many organizations, trade industries, and the majority of the people, why does he fear having immdeiate elections? But the fact is, when it comes to an election a head of an organization has only one vote and the majority of voters repeatedly show their majority support for the PTP party.

• Like 1