Last page on Passport

Passport expires early 2016.

I thought I was staying in Thailand - now I'm not sure...(low salary/holidays)

hence the check - I only need the 2 pages I have...

(If I stay I only need 1)

Can I ask why you have allowed yourself to arrive at this potential predicament ?

Yep months ago I asked the UK embassy if I could extend. They said no.

Would help to know your nationality. If USA answer is no.

You cannot extend a passport or do you mean add pages which the UK does not do. You need to get a new passport. it can take up to 6 weeks to get a new one.

Do you mean when you say visas. A full page visa you get for some neighboring countries on entry and/or a Thai visa from an embassy?

Or perhaps stamps from immigration?

So why did you not renew your passport at that point, once you knew the extension option was not available ?

Applying to Liverpool at that time would probably have been a lot quicker than the current system via VFS.

... because I thought I was staying in Thailand long term - now having second thoughts...

That's why I didn't renew my passport - nearly 2 years early...

I have spaces for entry/exit stamps - but we had no plans to holiday elsewhere...

To go to another country I need an entry visa (full page) and then probable Exit - returning with a New (full page) visa

Thanks

So why did you not renew your passport at that point, once you knew the extension option was not available ?

Applying to Liverpool at that time would probably have been a lot quicker than the current system via VFS.

Thanks - but IF I leave, I would not be coming back (to stay)

How about getting an online eVisa for Cambodia, go there, come back with a 30-day chop, and during that 30 days, apply for and receive a new passport.

The eVisa does NOT use a page in your passport. The exit & entry stamps can be done on 1/2 page, if they're careful.

Mac

IF I leave I would need space for 2 visas within 3 months -

I have 1/2 pages for entry/exit stamps (we were not intending to travel outside of Thailand more than once per year.

So IF I do go I will have to get a new passport.

Thanks

You cannot extend a passport or do you mean add pages which the UK does not do. You need to get a new passport. it can take up to 6 weeks to get a new one.

Do you mean when you say visas. A full page visa you get for some neighboring countries on entry and/or a Thai visa from an embassy?

Or perhaps stamps from immigration?

... because I thought I was staying in Thailand long term - now having second thoughts...

That's why I didn't renew my passport - nearly 2 years early...

I have spaces for entry/exit stamps - but we had no plans to holiday elsewhere...

To go to another country I need an entry visa (full page) and then probable Exit - returning with a New (full page) visa

Thanks

Two years early is irrelevant. You would have been given some credit for unexpired term. It is capacity that you need and you knew you might need more pages which is why you asked the question of the embassy.

You don't need a full page for Cambodia if you pass through an e-visa border point.

In any event get your passport renewed as the priority before you consider any travel plans.

You will get little sympathy on this forum for p!ss poor planning.

I have just submitted my renewal application because I only have 3 pages left - I have 7 years left to run !

• Like 1

Just an IF at this stage...

Take it easy...

I have 6 pages where entry exits can be clearly stamped

I am merely forward planning a Possible Exit Plan -

I have plenty of time to choose IF I go or not.

... so yeah IF I decide to go, It would be better to renew

That is all

Thank you.

Take it easy...

That is all

Thank you.

I would renew anyway, you are sacrificing very little term - unless you are pretty sure of a UK return and want to save on the cost of renewal.

I have a home in the Philippines too, so there is no problem...

Thanks for your info

Take it easy...

That is all

Thank you.

I would renew anyway, you are sacrificing very little term - unless you are pretty sure of a UK return and want to save on the cost of renewal.

Thanks for your info

Take it easy...

That is all

Thank you.

Renew your UK Passport in the Philippines; the new UK system allows for on line application there with the new Passport being couriered to your home address.

The system for UK passport renewal in Thailand is currently fraught with risks, it has just been given 100% to a third party private agency that don't yet have their act together, you have to apply and collect in the person from their new office in BKK, plus they currently are stating that renewals via Thailand will take from four weeks to six months!

btw - you can use the page facing your ID page in a UK Passport for visas. I have had a visa from KL glued there for the past 9 1/2 years, never one complaint - it was on a time I was give a single non 'B' when I was applying a Multiple non 'B' (error in paper work) so maybe the clerk at the Thai Embassy was making a point putting that visa at the very end of the passport.

The page on the reverse of the ID page cannot be used, as far as I know, it is marked to be used for 'Official observations, if any'

• Like 1

Great the answer I had wanted/hoped for...

But last night I asked the UK embassy, as no one had come up with the answer.

I will await their response...

Good to know the Philipps is organised

Thanks for your info

Take it easy...

That is all

Thank you.

Renew your UK Passport in the Philippines; the new UK system allows for on line application there with the new Passport being couriered to your home address.

The system for UK passport renewal in Thailand is currently fraught with risks, it has just been given 100% to a third party private agency that don't yet have their act together, you have to apply and collect in the person from their new office in BKK, plus they currently are stating that renewals via Thailand will take from four weeks to six months!

btw - you can use the page facing your ID page in a UK Passport for visas. I have had a visa from KL glued there for the past 9 1/2 years, never one complaint - it was on a time I was give a single non 'B' when I was applying a Multiple non 'B' (error in paper work) so maybe the clerk at the Thai Embassy was making a point putting that visa at the very end of the passport.

The page on the reverse of the ID page cannot be used, as far as I know, it is marked to be used for 'Official observations, if any'