Good Source Of Fibre

Guest endure

Why don't you have a bowl of porridge every day? It does wonders for the tubes and is good for the cholesterol level too.

try ispaghula seed husk.

its available as "mucillin" in pharmacies , tesco pharmacy has it.

a spoonful of this orange flavoured stuff in a large glass of water every day will within 2 or 3 days have you as regular as clockwork.

about 200b for a 200 gram pack , pack will last over a month.

porridge is good too.

tamarind is a laxative , causes the intestines to squeeze away whether they are full or not , and will give you the runs.

fibre is a bulking agent , it absorbs and retains water during its passage south, and gives the stool some softness and some bulk , the bulkiness of the stool stretches the descending colon and causes nerve impulses which will push the stool into the rectum, when the rectum gets full , you feel the urge to defecate.

without enough bulk in the stool , the colon doesnt think there is anything there and doesnt push anything down into the rectum , hence constipation , bloatedness , bad moods and haemmorhoids.

carbohydrate and protein are mostly digested and absorbed , leaving little left to make up the stool.

fruit and veg and stuff like porridge leave a lot of undigested fibre to give bulk.

if you dont eat enough of that , you should take a fibre supplement , to bulk up the stool and make for an easy dump.

a fibre rich diet is supposed to cut down the risk of colon cancer too.

Edited by taxexile

The answer to your question is Noyna, or custard-apple for the newbies... verrrrry healthy, loaded with vitamin and very tasty. even has high protein content (for a fruit, that is)...

Watermelon's not bad if you eat it in large quantity. Really helps if you go ahead and chew the seeds with it.

someone said that if you ingest seed from fruit you run the risk of having said seeds gettin' stuck in yer appendix with unpleasant and explosive results to follow...

Ah's respects you Sheryl...say it ain't true...

:o Grass?

wood :D

but check your theet first.

I have a theory but not yet tested

uncooked rice: only the bacteria at the end of the intestines should be able to process it and they very slow, but when you are constipation, they have time.

The should produce a lot of gas, which should finish the constipation in an pneumatic way.

If you smoke I would recommend to not facing the window of your condo and not having your girlfriend stay between your back and the window, just in case the gases get ignited.

I once helped out a mate on his doctor work which was resistant starch (which should have the same effect). The effect was 50 % of my time on the toilett, hugh amount of gas, got rid of my girlfriend and always got a seat at the subway.....

:o Grass?

wood :D

but check your theet first.

I have a theory but not yet tested

uncooked rice: only the bacteria at the end of the intestines should be able to process it and they very slow, but when you are constipation, they have time.

The should produce a lot of gas, which should finish the constipation in an pneumatic way.

If you smoke I would recommend to not facing the window of your condo and not having your girlfriend stay between your back and the window, just in case the gases get ignited.

I once helped out a mate on his doctor work which was resistant starch (which should have the same effect). The effect was 50 % of my time on the toilett, hugh amount of gas, got rid of my girlfriend and always got a seat at the subway.....

Erm, I'm not constipated - I am just looking for sources of fibre!

Watermelon's not bad if you eat it in large quantity. Really helps if you go ahead and chew the seeds with it.

someone said that if you ingest seed from fruit you run the risk of having said seeds gettin' stuck in yer appendix with unpleasant and explosive results to follow...

It ain't true. Or at least, highly unlikely. But what I was suggesting was to chew the seeds, not swallow them whole. They actually taste kind of good.

I do this...in fact was doing so when I posted the original suggestion. Tho in my case as much a matter of convenience as for the fiber (less messy, no need to try to pick the seeds off,etc).

It ain't true. Or at least, highly unlikely. But what I was suggesting was to chew the seeds, not swallow them whole. They actually taste kind of good.

I do this...in fact was doing so when I posted the original suggestion. Tho in my case as much a matter of convenience as for the fiber (less messy, no need to try to pick the seeds off,etc).

I always swallow them, but I have no appendix anymore so it shouldn't be a problem, or?

Appendix or no, swallow away. Chew them a bit first if you're really worried.

Although it is thought that inflammation due to blockage may sometimes lead to infection of the appendix (appendicitis), the blockage can be caused by anything that is passing through the intestines....and, of course, something always is. The appendix is located at a juncture where the intestine makes a sort of 90 degree turn so it's any easy spot for something to get stuck. And sometimes infection comes first and the blockage is due to swelling from the infection rather than vice versa.

There is no known way to prevent appendicitis, it just happens, as does the substance that most commonly blocks it....

Although it is thought that inflammation due to blockage may sometimes lead to infection of the appendix (appendicitis), the blockage can be caused by anything that is passing through the intestines....and, of course, something always is. The appendix is located at a juncture where the intestine makes a sort of 90 degree turn so it's any easy spot for something to get stuck. And sometimes infection comes first and the blockage is due to swelling from the infection rather than vice versa.

There is no known way to prevent appendicitis, it just happens, as does the substance that most commonly blocks it....

Maybe a good idea to test all of the seeds first if they are small enough to pass the exit of the intestines, even that test might change the taste of them a little bit :o

Maybe a good idea to test all of the seeds first if they are small enough to pass the exit of the intestines, even that test might change the taste of them a little bit :D

Well this is getting way of thread, but....as a health professional I can assure you that things MUCH larger than watermelon seeds can and do enter and exit that location, and that you would not believe some of the things that enter but require medical assistance to exit. Years ago when I worked in a hospital in NYC we would have a betting pool on the identity of such objects prior to surgical extraction (as the patients where often unwilling to say). My personal favorite was the full sized pumpkin. Although I understand that nowadays mobile phones are common. :o

Anyhow -- watermelon seeds = NO PROBLEM. :D

Maybe a good idea to test all of the seeds first if they are small enough to pass the exit of the intestines, even that test might change the taste of them a little bit :D

Well this is getting way of thread, but....as a health professional I can assure you that things MUCH larger than watermelon seeds can and do enter and exit that location, and that you would not believe some of the things that enter but require medical assistance to exit. Years ago when I worked in a hospital in NYC we would have a betting pool on the identity of such objects prior to surgical extraction (as the patients where often unwilling to say). My personal favorite was the full sized pumpkin. Although I understand that nowadays mobile phones are common. :o

Anyhow -- watermelon seeds = NO PROBLEM. :D

I was once at a doctors party and they explained what they took out of the back sides of homosexuell men in vienna and what stories they told to explain how these things entered their bodies.

It was unbelivable! I remember a cactus......

• 1 month later...

Weetabix fibre contains 13% of fibre; available at least from Tops

Whole rye bread (german) contains also 10+% of fibre, also from Tops

Brown rice is pretty good also, just wish they would have that in restaurants also..

Fruits are usually good source for vitamins and fibre, as well as vegetables. My favourite supper is fried chicken and crunchy vegetables - lots of protein and enough of fibre, but low on fast carbohydrates and fat.