30 day stamp expired yesterday; where can I go to get a Non-O

I had a Non-O issued 6 December 2013, Valid until 5 March 2014. I left the country 12 February 2014 before the Non-O expired and I did not get a reentry stamp.

I reetered the country 18 March on a 30 day stamp. Due to neglect, I let my 30 day Visa stamp expire yesterday. so I went to Lad Prao this morning and asked what they can do, and she told me I can get 7 days only. I asked her how I can get at least 30 more days, and she said LEAVE MY COUNTRY because she said I had a Non-O but I left without a reentry stamp so now all I could get was 7 days. Im not sure why she mentioned that because the Non-O would have expired anyway on the 5 of March and I reentered on the 18th.

My goal is to get my another Non-O that I will use for a retirement extension.

Im not sure what to do now, where to go, and how much it will cost. Laos? Cambodia? KL? Can someone give me the steps I might need to follow/

Thanks.

You can get a non-o in Vientiane without a problem.

Or if you are from a G7 country you could do a border run for a 30 day entry and then within 15 days of entering the country apply for a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry based upon being eligible for a retirement extension. You would need to meed the financial requirements for the extension but the money in the bank would not need to be there for 60 days.

You can get a non-o in Vientiane without a problem.

Or if you are from a G7 country you could do a border run for a 30 day entry and then within 15 days of entering the country apply for a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry based upon being eligible for a retirement extension. You would need to meed the financial requirements for the extension but the money in the bank would not need to be there for 60 days.

Thanks UbonJoe. Yes Im from the USA, thus G7. Will the Non-O I get from Vientiane give me 90 days Non-O? That would be marvelous. Any idea the cost and would I have to spend the night?

Or better your second idea, a border run. Maybe that would nearer to me in BKK and cheaper. Where would you go for a border run from Bangkapi?

Edited by rideswings

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Any nearby Thai Embassy/Consulate will provide a single entry Non "O" visa providing you are 50+ years old.

Thanks for your response. Yes I am over 50, Which country would you to get one?

I would go to Vientiane but its up to you where to go.

Apply AM collect passport next day PM. Same everywhere except Cambodia where issuing a visa can take 3-4 days.

Read ubonjoe's post again re converting a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Edited by thepool

You get a 90 entry from the non-o visa from Vientiane. It is next day service after applying the morning of one day and pick it up the next afternoon.

Most people go to Cambodia for border runs from Bangkok. There are several companies that make the run.

You would also get a 90 day entry on the date you apply for a non immigrant visa entry. Then you would go back 60 days after you apply to get the extension.

It will probably take two trips to immigration to get the visa entry stamps. They will tell you to come back after 2 weeks when you apply.

• Like 1

You guys are great thanks for the help. I think its going to be Cambodia. Will I need to pay in Thai baht for entering Cambodia (or other currency), and then coming back into Thailand in addition to my overstay fee of probably 100 baht?

You will pay an overstay fine of 500 baht for each day of overstay at immigration when you leave the country.

If you use a visa run company the Cambodia visa cost is included in the price and they take care of that for you. The visa costs $20 or around 1000 baht.

The border run option is best for you because the embassy is closed on the weekend. If you could get there by tomorrow you would have to wait until Monday afternoon to pick-up your passport.

Ubonjoe, do you mean that if I get there tomorrow, I can get it the same day and not have to wait until Monday? That would be great.

You would have to stay in Vientiane until Monday afternoon if you applied tomorrow (Friday).

If you wanted to get the non-o in Vientiane it would be best to go back to immigration for the 7 day extension application and make the trip next week. You are building up a overstay fine of 500 baht a day now. You would have to pay 2400 baht for the extension and a one day of overstay. But if you went today you would probably would not have to pay overstay fine since they were closed yesterday.

Ubonjoe, do you mean that if I get there tomorrow, I can get it the same day and not have to wait until Monday? That would be great.

You would have to stay in Vientiane until Monday afternoon if you applied tomorrow (Friday).

If you wanted to get the non-o in Vientiane it would be best to go back to immigration for the 7 day extension application and make the trip next week. You are building up a overstay fine of 500 baht a day now. You would have to pay 2400 baht for the extension and a one day of overstay. But if you went today you would probably would not have to pay overstay fine since they were closed yesterday.

Sorry if I am not making myself clear :)

I will probably go to Cambodia to get another 30 day stamp tomorrow and then convert that to a Non-O at Ladprao with 15 days. I can do that in one day right?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sorry if I am not making myself clear smile.png

I will probably go to Cambodia to get another 30 day stamp tomorrow and then convert that to a Non-O at Ladprao with 15 days. I can do that in one day right?

Clarity is always helpful !smile.png

If you do as you now say then everything should work out.

You may not receive the entry conversion on the same day as it is applied for. The immigration officer will advise you.

In the same vein.......I am on a Type O non-immigrant visa, multi-entry and valid for one year; I just have to go outside every 90 days. I am 51.

When it expires can I get the exact same thing at the embassy in Vientiane?

I am used to getting this every year at the Boston consulate and have done it for 6 years now, but not planning to go back to the states this year.

Thanks!

I got a 30 day stamp from Koh Kong about 1 week ago... I was wondering the same thing, when are they going to change it to 15 days as it says 15 on the official thai website - cant remember the name of it

yeahh, here it is http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/new-visa-rules.php - this was around the 4th April but I came back in on 9th and still got 30 days

Edited by nickmanchester2

In the same vein.......I am on a Type O non-immigrant visa, multi-entry and valid for one year; I just have to go outside every 90 days. I am 51.

I am used to getting this every year at the Boston consulate and have done it for 6 years now, but not planning to go back to the states this year.

Thanks!

You will only get a single entry non-o visa at any nearby location. If you did find someplace within the region to get a multiple entry non-o for retirement you would have to show 800K baht in the bank or 65k baht income.

You could apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration if you can meet the financial requirements,

Thanks!

You will not obtain a multiple entry Non "O" visa anywhere locally unless married to a Thai.

As crazy as this sounds I am contemplating sending my passport off to the consulate in Boston when I am due, along with a check for the proper amount [last year, 180 dollars]. By the quickest FedEx service of course.

The lady at the consulate knows me by now and is always very easy and accommodating, has never even asked me any questions. I did it this way once when I was in Canada for a year, got it back in 3 or 4 days with a shiny new stamp and everything was smooth as silk.

Thanks!

You will only get a single entry non-o visa at any nearby location.

Valid for how long?

A single entry non-o visa only gives one 90 day entry. If you want to stay longer you should get a 2 entry tourist visa that would give about 6 months total by getting a 30 day extension for each 60 day entry the visa allows.

As crazy as this sounds I am contemplating sending my passport off to the consulate in Boston when I am due, along with a check for the proper amount [last year, 180 dollars]. By the quickest FedEx service of course.

The lady at the consulate knows me by now and is always very easy and accommodating, has never even asked me any questions. I did it this way once when I was in Canada for a year, got it back in 3 or 4 days with a shiny new stamp and everything was smooth as silk.

What a brilliant idea !

It is illegal and you would struggle to explain the lack of an entry stamp/permission to stay!

Sounds like a good means of ensuring deportation !

• Like 2

A single entry non-o visa only gives one 90 day entry. If you want to stay longer you should get a 2 entry tourist visa that would give about 6 months total by getting a 30 day extension for each 60 day entry the visa allows.

Ok, this could be helpful, Thank you.......I am eventually going to get a retirement visa, just kind of putting it off for as long as possible.

I got a 30 day stamp from Koh Kong about 1 week ago... I was wondering the same thing, when are they going to change it to 15 days as it says 15 on the official thai website - cant remember the name of it

yeahh, here it is http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/new-visa-rules.php - this was around the 4th April but I came back in on 9th and still got 30 days

That is a Quack, unofficial, website !

Ok, this could be helpful, Thank you.......I am eventually going to get a retirement visa, just kind of putting it off for as long as possible.

There are no retirement visas !

You could apply for a long stay O/A visa in your country of origin or it is possible to apply for an "extension of stay" based on retirement in Thailand

• Like 1

That is a Quack, unofficial, website !

you are right (although I am not sure what a quack is), why do they put stuff on there like this? maybe just to get some extra sales in.

So its still 30 days anyone?

Edited by nickmanchester2