Wife asks for money to massage me?

kwaussie

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to pick up on that she can earn 60$ an hour in Oz.

So a Thai massage is more than 60$ an hour there w00t.gif

not sure if my mother inlaw (uggh that sounds horrible. My dads wife sounds better) makes decent coin doing massages in Brisbane. Ive no idea if happy endings are involved or not but the joint has a special on at the moment @ $60.00 for the hour.

http://www.mystylethaimassage.com/

Your Dad's wife is your Mother, or Step-Mother

She "say"... he "say" and you are Australian ?

Your example : "she even say if family member still have to charge something"

Correct English "she also said that even if the massage is for a family member she still has to charge:"

Is grammar constructed differently in Australia ?

Or are you training in this stupid Tinglish language one hears so much here?

The pigeon English many ENGLISH SPEAKING people use even when speaking to fluent English speaking people.

Supposedly its to make Thais understand but it only makes their grammar worse................ plus it pi**es off English speaking people who wonder "why are you speaking to me like that when I can understand perfect grammatically spoken English"

I agree but "pigeon' English? cheesy.gif

You mean Pidgin.

For the OP there is much more to worry about.

The talented professional masseuse/eur out of free will might (de)lightly give in towards temptations of very rewarding/profitable bonuses financially as well as physically if not emotionally speaking.

For those who practice and understand the pleasure to please there are extremely interesting tracks or so-called energy lines to explore running (slowly!) from feet up and from head down over front and back, well-known and learned by diligent students in Traditional Thai, Tantric and Sensual Massage, by the way connecting secondary and primary sexual organs.

Sooner or later the borderline between professional therapeutic massage and sex can become extremely thin and transparant.

Speaking from experience on both ends as a retired professional masseur and 'warned' by one of my teachers, a well-known psychologist/ therapist/healer.

I didn't heed his opinion about the 'pitfalls of massage'.

The OP might rethink, when his spouse is going really professional..!

• Like 1

For the OP there is much more to worry about.

The talented professional masseuse/eur out of free will might (de)lightly give in towards temptations of very rewarding/profitable bonuses financially as well as physically if not emotionally speaking.

For those who practice and understand the pleasure to please there are extremely interesting tracks or so-called energy lines to explore running (slowly!) from feet up and from head down over front and back, well-known and learned by diligent students in Traditional Thai, Tantric and Sensual Massage, by the way connecting secondary and primary sexual organs.

Sooner or later the borderline between professional therapeutic massage and sex can become extremely thin and transparant.

Speaking from experience on both ends as a retired professional masseur and 'warned' by one of my teachers, a well-known psychologist/ therapist/healer.

I didn't heed his opinion about the 'pitfalls of massage'.

The OP might rethink, when his spouse is going really professional..!

especially, when upon returning to the states I am told of a thai massage place near my house, where the non divorced thai woman, who works there, just bought a new mercedes

She is making $60/hour!!! What is your problem? She gives you hundreds a month, right? My father would tip my mother for every meal she cooked for him. Just being a loving husband forever.

It was a wonderful thought the family always remembers. she accumulated a lot of money that we kids eventually inherited but that is not the point. You are a husband with a wife. please get on the same page. be a wonderful husband and not a typical dead beat farang that we hear and see all the time. She is not taking advantage of you. If she is you probably deserve it.

• Like 1

She is a professional masseuse. It is a bad habit to give away your service that you rely on for a living. If you are a mechanic do you fix all of your friend's cars for free? If you are a teacher do you tutor all your friend's children for free lets say from 6PM to 10 PM every night.

Her teacher is right and is training her to be a professional. Massage all day long is hard work.

Pay up you cheapskate. Your wife will have the money not the local massage parlour.

Would you charge your wife to fix her car?

Would you charge your children for helping with their homework?

If so.you`re the cheapskate.

Would you learn the Thai customs?

Even though some are superstition?

Or do you prefer easy bashing based on ignorance?

Most Thais believe if one massage someone it is to help the person, that it to say take off some problem-pain-stiffness or whatever, if one do not ask any money he will collect the person's problem for himself, BUT, 1 Baht 10 or 20 Baht would be enough so nothing to do with cheapskate, but superstition yes!

So you`re assuming I have no first hand knowledge of Thai life?

Who`s the ignorant one here?

She is making $60/hour!!! What is your problem? She gives you hundreds a month, right? My father would tip my mother for every meal she cooked for him. Just being a loving husband forever.

It was a wonderful thought the family always remembers. she accumulated a lot of money that we kids eventually inherited but that is not the point. You are a husband with a wife. please get on the same page. be a wonderful husband and not a typical dead beat farang that we hear and see all the time. She is not taking advantage of you. If she is you probably deserve it.

Deadbeat farang?

He paid for her schooling,and probably everything else that has improved her quality of life.

• Like 2

Deadbeat farang?

He paid for her schooling,and probably everything else that has improved her quality of life.

Deadbeat farang?

she wouldnt be the first woman to forget her hunger,

nor the last to bite the hand that fed them

• Like 2

Would you learn the Thai customs?

Even though some are superstition?

Or do you prefer easy bashing based on ignorance?

Most Thais believe if one massage someone it is to help the person, that it to say take off some problem-pain-stiffness or whatever, if one do not ask any money he will collect the person's problem for himself, BUT, 1 Baht 10 or 20 Baht would be enough so nothing to do with cheapskate, but superstition yes!

So you`re assuming I have no first hand knowledge of Thai life?

Who`s the ignorant one here?

To see for one self is not assumingcoffee1.gif

Plus if one has any doubt, an answer you made post 133 would be enough for me! : "No such thing as an "acceptable superstition".Unless your a simple minded fool that is" → Which would means the whole Thailand being more or less populated with "simple minded fool" So have a good day mister broad minded ethnologist!

Edited by Tchooptip

Similar to walking into a Thai Chinese shop. If you are the first customer of the day, they expect you to buy something. They use it as a barometer of the days' business. giggle.gif

I just knew that the good lord invented flatulence for a good reason.

I'll ensure next time I'm wandering around Yaowarat that I keep one up (so to speak)

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

It's just superstition, like giving a wallet without money in it. Don't mind it, jut give her a baht for luck. She starts charging 300 an hour then you got a problem.

Oz

My wife makes me pay 20 baht for a haircut. I also have to put money in a new bag. As said, it's just a superstition. She also really believes in ghosts etc.

It's just superstition, like giving a wallet without money in it. Don't mind it, jut give her a baht for luck. She starts charging 300 an hour then you got a problem.

Oz

My wife makes me pay 20 baht for a haircut. I also have to put money in a new bag. As said, it's just a superstition. She also really believes in ghosts etc.
I bet the superstition only goes one way. When you do something there will never be any superstition so she have to pay you.

It's always the same.....

Edited by larsjohnsson

Oz

I bet the superstition only goes one way. When you do something there will never be any superstition so she have to pay you.

My wife bought my clothes for our wedding as tradition demanded I dress a certain way. They were quite expensive and I also had a personal dresser to help me put them on correctly. So no. You are in error. It is not always the same.

Oz

My wife bought my clothes for our wedding as tradition demanded I dress a certain way. They were quite expensive and I also had a personal dresser to help me put them on correctly. So no. You are in error. It is not always the same.

What has buying clothes to do with Superstition?

Is it superstition to use clothes?

So you are in error again ;)

Edited by larsjohnsson

So you are in error again wink.png

Yes they were (Thai silk) clothes knitted at a particular mill in a particular pattern near her mothers home. It is a family superstition/tradition.

Edited by thailiketoo

So you are in error again wink.png

Yes they were (Thai silk) clothes knitted at a particular mill in a particular pattern near her mothers home. It is a family superstition/tradition.

You are wrong again

Jessefrank

Her friend sets up table at markets and also works from home and charges $60 hour

It does seem excessive as same price at Shopping malls but she is always busy as very good.

And no doesnt do extras, strictly massage

how do you know she doesnt do extras when working home "jobs" ?

Jessefrank

Her friend sets up table at markets and also works from home and charges $60 hour

It does seem excessive as same price at Shopping malls but she is always busy as very good.

And no doesnt do extras, strictly massage

how do you know she doesnt do extras when working home "jobs" ?

Have known her for years long before wife and used to get massaged at her home and never once offered extras and sometimes loving husband and children were in lounge or kitchen.

One can usual tell when you cant ask for extras, otherwise i probably would have also professionally set up with framed certificates etc.

Oz

I presume you are talking about the CEREMONY, not the actual legal procedure. When we got married at the office, we just put on nice clothes, just as I do for a visa extension.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

You are wrong again

No I'm not. Not everyone has a one sided relationship. My wife buys me things and I buy her things. There are many Thai customs/superstitions that Thais perform every year. My wife pays for me to attend most of them.

If you don't have any decent female/male companionship it's time to look at yourself and ask why instead of trying to bring everyone who has a good relationship down to your sad level. wai.gif

I presume you are talking about the CEREMONY, not the actual legal procedure. When we got married at the office, we just put on nice clothes, just as I do for a visa extension.

Yes my wife and I wore traditional Thai clothes with my superstition added that bought for her. Something borrowed, something blue, something old, something new.

Normal clothes are worn when registering the marriage as thaibeachlovers suggested.

Traditional Thai costume is worn at the wedding ceremony conducted by monks in the home,

Now you know the rest of the story.

no one shud object to that

Deadbeat farang?

You're dead right it got me to thinking when she showed me the dirt floor and open shack she was brought up in little village in Issan, Her father was/is typical poor rice farmer.