CAPO: no disrespect meant for independent agencies

webfact

BANGKOK, 18 April 2014 (NNT) - The Center for the Administration of Peace and Order has confirmed that it did not overstep the bounds by releasing yesterday’s statement regarding cases against Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

The CAPO has asked the Constitutional Court and the National Anti-Corruption Commission not to exceed their authority in the cases against Ms Yingluck. CAPO also expressed concerns that there could be bias and double standards against the prime minister in those cases.

National Security Council chief and CAPO member Paradorn Pattanathabutr said that the statement was only to caution all relevant parties to try to bring the political situation back to normal as soon as possible.

The CAPO is also set to seek His Majesty the King’s advice if the cabinet is suspended by a looming court decision. Mr Paradorn said it was the only viable option to end the tension.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-18 footer_n.gif

The Center for the Administration of Peace and Order has confirmed that it did not overstep the bounds by releasing yesterday’s statement regarding cases against Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

So there. All is well, no harm, no foul.

Only a fool would believe anything these clowns say. But the intent was crystal clear.

" CAPO confirmed it did not overstep the bounds ( sic ) by it's statement " so they have pronounced judgement upon themselves and the verdict is Not Guilty.

In other countries the courts might well have the final say.

Yep - a great example of Shin style justice and democracy.

They make all the rules up as they go along. When they break any, they judge themselves not guilty and move on.

This guy has no business still being connected with NSC or CAPO but hey, he's like a brother to big T.

PTP - above the courts, the law and the people. Yeah for Thaksin democracy!

• Like 1

The courts are employed to interpret the law , the police are employed to carry out the law, the CAPO is neither , so their opinions or positions, unless directly under CAPO charter rules and regulations , should be carefully thought out , contempt of court , interference of court officials , intimidation of court judges, all bring server results and do nothing to help the issues that the PTP has found themselves in.

• Like 2

Sorry if this is off topic,but can someone tell me why there is a quota on likes to posts,call me old fashioned if you like,but I was brought up to have as many opinions as I liked.

I couldn't agree more. There are so many great posts on here and it's galling not to be able to recognise all of them.

" CAPO confirmed it did not overstep the bounds ( sic ) by it's statement " so they have pronounced judgement upon themselves and the verdict is Not Guilty.

They make all the rules up as they go along. When they break any, they judge themselves not guilty and move on.

This guy has no business still being connected with NSC or CAPO but hey, he's like a brother to big T.

clap2.gif Nail on the head. clap2.gif

• Like 2

My person view is that CAPO is trying to set itself up as a viable alternative government should the CC make a decision that the whole cabinet goes with Yingluck. As there would probably be violence (very likely because Mr C has predicted it) that as the security coordination committee they are fully capable of taking on that role. Guess that they got carried away yesterday and committed the Ko Tee offence of saying in public what they were thinking.

both this thread and the other one that this one is referring too have left me completely speechless and shocked

what authority does this group of idiots have to make such statements - funding should be withdrawn with immediate effect and CAPO should be disbanded for extreme stupidity

• Like 2

Yep, that's right,... no disrespect intended,... only backstabbing killing intent of vengeance planned in advance, to be discussed in Hong Kong with the REAL Pheu Thai Leader...

The statement is entirely appropriate. The legitimate government is being ambushed by these "born to rule" thuggy elites. The Senate wants to meet urgently to appoint another crony to the NACC. What a gall.

The statement is entirely appropriate. The legitimate government is being ambushed by these "born to rule" thuggy elites. The Senate wants to meet urgently to appoint another crony to the NACC. What a gall.

Idiot. Do you think any supposed government owned by a convicted criminal fugitive that lies, cheats, and acts illegally can be called legitimate.

They gave up any semblance of being a real government a very long time ago.

Stop pretending this is some romantic valiant fight for freedom, justice and democracy - if only. It's a gang headed by a crook that's been caught once too often trying anything and everything to get away with it.

Anyone who thinks they are legitimate really needs to examine reality much more closely.

These are harsh words, Baerboxer! But, hard as I try, I really can not disagree with anything you said. ;)

• Like 1

bring the political situation back to normal as soon as possible...

I'm an old man now. Maybe it's due to my age that I can't remember when that would have been.

What they are saying is normal is Thaksin and his cronies being above the law. So yes back to normal is correct.

Are you on some strong medication by any chance?

The edict to attend the meeting, the purpose of the meeting and the statement that was made just shows that CAPO is intoxicate with the power they think they have.

With Chalerm it woud apear to be the "normal" state, lots of Ear medicine at that meeting

You know that you are writing rubish, we know you are writing rubish so Y don't you stop Trolling w00t.gif

My person view is that CAPO is trying to set itself up as a viable alternative government should the CC make a decision that the whole cabinet goes with Yingluck. As there would probably be violence (very likely because Mr C has predicted it) that as the security coordination committee they are fully capable of taking on that role. Guess that they got carried away yesterday and committed the Ko Tee offence of saying in public what they were thinking.

If the cabinet is removed from office without rescinding the Internal Security Act, presumably it remains in force and the CAPO remains in place to enforce it. However, it's jurisdiction extends only to Bkk and some districts of Nonthaburi and other surrounding provinces. Its budget needs approval from the Electoral Commission.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited due to include restriction, sorry

If the cabinet is removed from office without rescinding the Internal Security Act, presumably it remains in force and the CAPO remains in place to enforce it. However, it's jurisdiction extends only to Bkk and some districts of Nonthaburi and other surrounding provinces. Its budget needs approval from the Electoral Commission.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes, I believe that you are correct

However the actions and statements of Capo over the last couple of days indicate that they believe that they have the right to extend beyond what the act said, probably beyond the powers of a caretaker government and maybe even further than that. The statement in article relating to a section application to HRH, The King - would also support the contention that their ambition extend further than the Act that spawned this organisation.

Are you on some strong medication by any chance?

If not why not?