Scuba Diving Club In Bangkok

brunobkk

hi all

i m leaving in bangkok and i would like to know if there are some scuba diving club in bangkok ? for training ,keep the fit ,everthing that you expect from a club as in europe......

I remenber long times ago it use to have one in sathorn road ,in swimming pool...

Someone can give me some adress,please?

Thanks you so much

regards

bruno

Edited by metisdead
Please do not post using all caps. Topic title edited to remove all caps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Many Dive Center are available in BKK.

I personnaly go with Scuba Jamboree (http://scubajam.com/) on Sukhumvit 49 (they use the swimming pool of the Racket Club).

They also organize dive trip and Liveboard (you can find the list on their website).

My spouse and I really enjoy going with them: friendly and professional.

But you have many other good ones that can be recommanded such as Dive Indeed (Asoke), etc...

Lot of quality choice in BKK :)

• 1 month later...

Pattaya is very easy to get to from Bangkok most dive trips meet between 8am and 9am and return to the pier between 2pm and 4pm. If you need a room for the weekend most local guesthouses and hotels room prices start at 400bt upwards. If you want to dive we have some nice special rates for Bangkok and local divers in Thailand. Give me a call 087 602 411. Safe diving.

Pattaya is very easy to get to from Bangkok most dive trips meet between 8am and 9am and return to the pier between 2pm and 4pm. If you need a room for the weekend most local guesthouses and hotels room prices start at 400bt upwards. If you want to dive we have some nice special rates for Bangkok and local divers in Thailand. Give me a call 087 602 411. Safe diving.

just the diving is poor in Pattaya, specially the near islands.

Depends on what time of the year you dive at the Pattaya near islands, i am sure that most dive sites in Asia are not great to dive at in the monsoon season. Dive Safe.

Depends on what time of the year you dive at the Pattaya near islands, i am sure that most dive sites in Asia are not great to dive at in the monsoon season. Dive Safe.

Well the wracks are great, but the near islands are dead....not much life anymore, corrals damaged, dives boats drop their anchor on top of the chorals and destroy the last of them and of course the water is dirty from both industry and house waste water. There are times when the water gets more clear, but it is still not a great place. I don't know worse spots in Thailand. The large dive centers in Pat, aren't the greatest in Thailand to say it friendly.

Still it is good place to learn diving, which depends more on the people who are teaching. And some small shops try to make it good. Actually your Real Diver is often mentioned as the better choice in Pattaya, so it is a bit unfair that you get the Pattaya bashing. But really the near islands are destroyed....

Actually, for most of the divesites here it does not make much difference what time of year you dive. The good thing about diving this time if year is that there are less divers, which increases the sightings of sharks and other species that might shy away from too many divers in high season. On other divesites like the Racha islands we dive at the East side this time of year, and east there is much more interesting and better diving than west.

Actually, for most of the divesites here it does not make much difference what time of year you dive. The good thing about diving this time if year is that there are less divers, which increases the sightings of sharks and other species that might shy away from too many divers in high season. On other divesites like the Racha islands we dive at the East side this time of year, and east there is much more interesting and better diving than west.

True, but in Pattaya near islands there is no time which interesting things to see. When there is low season all the boats will be at the near islands to save diesel with half full boats. But even small amounts of divers per boat adds up. With some not kicking visibility gets even worse, not that it matters.

I would call the near islands a prime example of destroyed nature by careless tourism.....

True, but in Pattaya near islands there is no time which interesting things to see. When there is low season all the boats will be at the near islands to save diesel with half full boats. But even small amounts of divers per boat adds up. With some not kicking visibility gets even worse, not that it matters.

I would call the near islands a prime example of destroyed nature by careless tourism.....

I agree with you, unfortunately, but my post was an answer to the post above it, hence the quote 'i am sure that most dive sites in Asia are not great to dive at in the monsoon season'. I just forgot to mention 'Phuket' in my post, but my username should have been a good indication of the dive area concerned :)

Edited by PhuketdashScuba

Yes, Pattaya's near islands are not as good as the far islands, but I have had some great dives on the near islands too, and if the weather is rough often they are still divable.

I have seen many clubs out from BKK down at Pattaya and Samae San the weekends.

Edited by Basil B