visa on arrival passenger travelling with visa holding passenger...

Hi,

A 11 year old nephew of mine is coming to BKK to visit us and eligible for Visa On Arrival for the passport he is holding.

He is traveling with a known family of ours (5 passengers)... who all have Tourist Visas already obtained from origin.

--

My question is how can they exit immigration together in Suvarnabhumi Airport... without separating.

Is this possible.. that all of them can go to Visa On Arrival... and get the visa paid for him only... and exit through the same immigration counter?

What is the typical processing time? Arrival about 8pm tomorrow 18Apr.

Please let me know.

Visa on Arrival counter is located before Immigration, so you can stop there and apply for your nephew. Normally processing is pretty fast but can take up to 30 minutes, wort case up to an hour. You can then proceed to Immigration together, no problems.

• Like 1

it used to happen with my friend's wedding ceremony last November. his parents were from India and they have very successful business here in thailand. they had created a big ceremony in 5 stars hotel. they needed their families and relatives from India joined the ceremony. most of the guests applied tourist visa before arriving. but some had to get visa on arrival. the problem was immigration didn't let them go together, i think it because they were different sections. luckily my friend knew the immigration officer, he made a call to the officer and that officer managed those who hold passports with visa into privilege lane (fast track) and told them to wait at their luggage drops, and took others who needed to apply visa on arrival to the fast track, which I heard that there was many people in both normal lane and fast track lane. you know normally the morning flights are crowded. by the way, it took just a short time passing immigration privilege lane for ordinary passports and also at visa on arrival. but the bad thing was my friend had to pay big money for this very good service. but i think it worth if you get this service for the one you love.

but don't ask me how to get the service or its cost. because i don't know and i can't remember it!!

Hi.. it worked great...

From the plane arrived at gate.. to get visa for nephew in "visa on arrival"... to queue up at immigration (all together in the normal exit route)...

took them 30 minutes in all. (arriva at gate... get visa... and queue up in immigration)

They were allowed to exit together... in the normal immigration channel... after obtaining visa.

Thanks all for ur comments.

• Like 1