Farrangland Return Tickets

...Ken

Generally a return air ticket from BKK to anywhere in Farrangland is cheaper (1/2 price) than a return ticket from Frarrangland to BKK. Do any of you frequent flyers buy oneway tickets to BKK and then run on cheaper Thai return tickets from there after ?

Any downside to this ?

Even if I pay for a higher one way ticket to get to BKK and then pay for the Thai return ticket

(and never use that return again ticket) I would still come out damned close to even.

Possibly pasport restrictions apply....anyone knowledgeable ?

...Ken

Generally a return air ticket from BKK to anywhere in Farrangland is cheaper (1/2 price) than a return ticket from Frarrangland to BKK. Do any of you frequent flyers buy oneway tickets to BKK and then run on cheaper Thai return tickets from there after ?

Any downside to this ?

Even if I pay for a higher one way ticket to get to BKK and then pay for the Thai return ticket

(and never use that return again ticket) I would still come out damned close to even.

Possibly pasport restrictions apply....anyone knowledgeable ?

...Ken

Several possibilities exist here. Theoretically if you arrive with a one way ticket as a tourist, and cannot show and outbound ticket or means, you could be refused entry. In practice neither immigration or customs ask to see your ticket.

The other problem arises at your port of embarkation. If you are not in possesion of a valid Non Immigrant visa, the airline will refuse to board you. Check with your airline for details.

One way tickets are usually around two thirds the cost of a return ticket.

i would allways buy a one year open ticket uk-bkk untill the penny dropped about 8 years ago i bought a one way ticket and for my return a 3 month ticket bkk-uk i think ive saved myself a lot of money this way.

i have had no problems at check in, once or twice they have got a second opinion but once they see its a non immigrant visa and i have a reentry visa,no problem