New True Package ... 295 Baht For 128kbs

sniffdog

This is the first package I have heard of that true could actually deliver the speed they advertise, if they choose to. Not a bad option given the price and the "faster" packages can drive you crazy because the speed just isn't there.

Given the current reputation of True, can they be relied upon to deliver 128kb/s?

Compared to the TOT offering of 1Mb/s for 1000baht it sounds expensive.

However 128kb/s is adequate for normal web surfing. It is what I get here in the Middle East, and is a genuine 128kb/s most of the day.

It only slows down in the evening.

Compared to the TOT offering of 1Mb/s for 1000baht it sounds expensive.

Umm maybe it "sounds expensive" comparatively, but it isn't. Like true, TOT doesn't actually give you the 1Mb/s they advertise do they? Speeds advertised by ISP's in Thailand are there just to sucker you in but you can't expect, nor will you ever get these speeds.

Now, how is this for the optimal ADSL connection. Sign up for true's new 128kbps for 295 baht/month. Now whenever you need a big data transfer fast, just relog in to the true2m username and pay 25 baht / hour for their 2mb/sec connection. Hmm....

Good point, coder.

Previously I've paid 1100 baht/month for a 2.5mbs but not even getting the right speed for streaming video and was not enticed to pay extra for a 2mbs.

For the 295 baht I can use 30 plus hours on the fast 2M connection, if needed.

Umm maybe it "sounds expensive" comparatively, but it isn't. Like true, TOT doesn't actually give you the 1Mb/s they advertise do they? Speeds advertised by ISP's in Thailand are there just to sucker you in but you can't expect, nor will you ever get these speeds.

I cannot speak for now as I am outside Thailand, but when I had a TOT 1Mb/s link a year ago

it performed well with speeds between 600 and 1000kb/s.

Pretty much what they advertised.

I was very happy and was able to use P2P without trouble.

128kbps? Aren't they going backward? Maybe they think they're going to cut back on complaints -- who knows? I don't care how cheap it is. We should expect a lot more from a company as big as True. Why not offer bonded broadband? That way the contention ratio is halfed. Instead of 50:1, it'd be 25:1. And, on an SME package, it'd be 10:1 instead of 20:1. And, come to think about it, why can't they just be up front with customers and tell them what the share ratio is instead of hiding behind the "no gaurantee" hogwash? Let's get serious.

I cannot speak for now as I am outside Thailand, but when I had a TOT 1Mb/s link a year ago

it performed well with speeds between 600 and 1000kb/s.

Pretty much what they advertised.

I was very happy and was able to use P2P without trouble.

yes,is true,i'm very satisfied of goldcyber,specially from 22.00pm to 10.00 am.is fast and no trouble with p2p

i say this after try allready true(the worse and more disounest),and maxnet home and also jinet

Edited by giulio

128kbps? Aren't they going backward?

Yep they are. True used to advertise their 1MB package in the True shops. Recently I noticed they stop doing that - and started promoting the 512KB package instead. I take this as an indication that they know they can't deliver any more.

The 128 package would seem to suggest further acceptance by True Management of how crap their system is, and what they can really offer.

A couple of months ago I downgraded my 1MB package to 512KB (it never goes over 512 anymore so I couldn't see the point in paying for something I never got). It was obvious from the face of the sales rep that I'm not the first person to do this. He warned me that this might 'reduce my international speed', and I informed him that if it did I would cancel the plan.

My speed hasn't changed - still sub 512KB but no lower than it was on '1MB'.