Want to facilitate travel for my friend, the forest monk

THAIPHUKET

Farang Phra Kantiko will have his last Pansar now. As forest monk , he lives strictly by the rules, no money.

The question= for travel around Thailand, can I buy a xxx THB voucher for him which is valid

on buses going from town to town

domestic flight ticket, destination and time open so he will be flexible, perhaps at a special monk price?

• Like 2

Maybe open a bank account and give him a visa/debit card. This way, other people who might want to donate can deposit into the account. Just thinking off the top of my head.. And thank you for being willing to help... wai.gif

Maybe open a bank account and give him a visa/debit card. This way, other people who might want to donate can deposit into the account. Just thinking off the top of my head.. And thank you for being willing to help... wai.gif

I like your divergent thought, I am not so sure if a monk would not get very irritated looks if he pulls his Visa card.

After all a credit card is considered an instrument of the well to-do s. superior to cash.

This British MONK http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajahn_Sucitto went on a pilgrimage to India and took along with him a lay follower to do the transactional stuff. They wrote a brilliant book of their journey which if you can get hold of it might provide some useful insight

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rude-Awakenings-Englishmen-Foot-Buddhisms/dp/0861714857/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398154305&sr=8-1&keywords=nick+scott+buddhism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajahn_Sucitto

Well BKK Air is trying to accomodate a monk as much as possble

Regarding your email, we are sorry to inform you that we do not have vocher to purchase for a monk. However, we have several promotional fare on the website, once the passenger is making a reservation is completely. Please contact us in order to insert the passenger information that he is monk for our staff provide the seat accordingly.

Should there be any further inquiries or more assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We are looking forward to serving you soon.

Sincerely Yours,

Natharnatt Yaowapat

Reservation Center, Bangkok Airways Public Company Limited

Well, a little compliment ofter goes a long way....to try harder. It work with BKK Air

My mail

Big compliment, Ladies and Gentlemen for the prompt reply.
excellent Service and for your Information Thai Airways never answered
Please pass on this email the Manager of BKK Air customer service.

Thank you

P.

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 12:30 PM, Reservation <[email protected]> wrote:
Dear P,

With reference to your email, we are delighted to hear that you are satisfied on our service.
We would like to take this opportunity to forward your email to our customer relations team
as well as our management team.

In additional, we would like to give the additional information for you, there is voucher called

"Gift card" which you are able to purchase and give for passenger to use instead the cash.
There are valued THB1,000, THB2,000 and THB5,000. But this cash voucher is available
to sale at our ticketing counter in Thailand only. Would you stay in Thailand? If yes, please
advise your city of resident in order for us to advise the nearest office address for you accordingly.

Sincerely Yours,

Busara Tarakasem

Reservation Center, Bangkok Airways Public Company Limited

I always thought Phra Tu Dong - Forest Monks who wear the dark brown robes as opposed to saffron - were not allowed to use any form of transportation.

I may be wrong however!

Patrick

They are allowed to use transport since they often fly to their branch monasteries in other Countries. Most do not ride on the back of motorcycles but they do travel in cars as you often see them being taken from their temple to the distant village for alms-round.

The only way to help is to have a lay person go with the monk as his assistant and handle money for him.