Hit and run

longstebe

I would assume that having been around for 15 minutes you would have taken a picture of the ladies car on your mobile or written down make of vehicle colour and registration that would make it a lot easier for the police to find her if it had been me I would have removed her keys so that she could not leave the scene

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From personal experience.

The insurance will pay for your car.

They will do nothing about the other car.

The police will do nothing.

Your insurance premium will go up.

NOTHING is ever done in this country.

Our insurance has told us that our car is only insured for injuries only. They wouldn't give us fully comprehensive because our car is 8 years old.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In Udon brother in law, a prison employee, told that most people do not buy insurance when their car is 3 yrs old or older. Now I know why so many drive so careful

I once had my car parked in front of the house in a housing estate one evening. I heard a loud bang and noticed that my car was moved due to the crash as another car had driven in to it.

The person that hit it did a runner. I per sued him on my motorbike as I could not get my car to start. Caught up with him 2km down the road and made him come back which he did. Was steaming drunk! Took his ID card of him and dropped him of at his families house.

Went to the police station the next day with my car being towed and made a police report.

Despite the crash happening on a private housing estate the police and insurance were very friendly and helpful. Insurance paid for repairs to my car and collected money from the guy that caused it with no problems.

I don't see why you should have problems with that lady not coughing up the money for repairs as you have all proof and details.

I would assume that having been around for 15 minutes you would have taken a picture of the ladies car on your mobile or written down make of vehicle colour and registration that would make it a lot easier for the police to find her if it had been me I would have removed her keys so that she could not leave the scene

I done everything you mentioned bar taking her keys away from her. Sometimes you don't think of everything.

• Like 1

Whoever had driven the car, doesn't matter. The insurance of that car that hit you will have to pay for your damage and they'll have to try to get the money from somebody else, if they don't cover it.

Go to the police and tell them here is the photo of the cars license plate. Find her and make her pay. Tell them you know that they can help and you need their help and you are a grateful gentleman. They will help. Otherwise they will not help.

Don't bother with the insurance company it's as useful as asking me to pay for your damages.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I done everything you mentioned bar taking her keys away from her. Sometimes you don't think of everything.

Did you check @ local ampur for CCTV footage? Even if that stretch of road isn't covered there's a good chance that the nearest junction will be. All they charge is the cost of burning the footage on to a disc-THB 35!

• Like 1

Put a picture of her car and plate number on here. Maybe someone in Udon will recognise it and let you know where her car is. Also a picture of her too.

Excellent advice. Never let anyone flee the scene without getting good photos of their face, their car, and their plates. Defame them until they have no choice but to come forward. Social media, flyers at tesco, with her photos, etc. Make her shame overwhelm her life. Do not give up the fight. Go after her. You have enough to work with. Do not let it rest, until you find this coward, and get full compensation for her mistake. Make her pay.

• Like 1

I had a similar thing happen to me

But it was 2 guys on motorbikes side swiped me

I stoped went over to them never really looked at me, got up got on their bikes gone in 2 min

Lucky Thai's saw this coming and took pics and rego numbers

In the end I waited for the insurance guy and the cops, they took all the info pics from me and the witnesses

After that nothing happened no one cared no one contacted me zippo, in the end my insurance did pay for the repairs after my wife and I made a big seen in their office

Only good thing we didn't pay anything only because the wittiness said it wasn't my fault

Oh they did track down the to guys as I knew it they we kids 14 and 15 not their bikes, no license, no insurance, no one took any responsibility and to top it off the cops said we can't do anything, because they are kids which I understand but what the heck are the kids doing riding on the roads!

Good luck with it all I know how it feels

I just hope you can get it sorted

• Like 1

I seen a similar type accident on Pattaya Klang. Immediately the driver of the first car jumped out and went directly to the car that rear ended him......put his hand in the driver's door and removed the keys............I wasn't long in Thailand at the time and thought it very strange. 12 years later and much wiser I see that it is the very best course of action to take considering it seems to be a national past time over here running away from the scene of an accident . Sorry about what happened to you and I hope it doesn't happen again to you, myself...or anybody....but that driver I seen do that had the right idea and maybe worth remembering for all of us.

• Like 2

terrible situation,

kinda thinking she needed to be blocked in,

lesson learned I suppose,

good thing no one hurt

may have some stiff necks tommorow

Oh please....."She needed to be blocked in"?

Your naivety never ceases to amaze me!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

well it surely would have made it harder for her to pull away,

assuming it was a busy turn lane, and it being thailand, there couldnt have been a lot of room behind her, so giving her 2 car lengths to pull away, was a no brainer for her

So the cars behind her are going to sit and wait?

They would been around her in a second.

I was picking a US guy up of the road a few weeks ago where the cars were driving around him on the highway while he was dead/injured on the road.

Thankfully, he was not badly hurt.

He was lucky not to have been driven over and yes have seen that before!

Wow. he went from dead/injured on the road to not badly hurt. kinda covering all bases with your little tale there aren't you.

I meant he "could" have been dead/injured as far as any of the people driving around him were concerned.

Whoever had driven the car, doesn't matter. The insurance of that car that hit you will have to pay for your damage and they'll have to try to get the money from somebody else, if they don't cover it.

That's what I was thinking may happen.

I seen a similar type accident on Pattaya Klang. Immediately the driver of the first car jumped out and went directly to the car that rear ended him......put his hand in the driver's door and removed the keys...........

One caveat to that and if the guy in the car has a gun or knife as he may take offense.

• Like 1

I have not been involved in any road accidents so far, but if I ever am, I will remove the persons car keys, but one important thing to remember, as soon as you do it, move away quickly, if he/she comes near you, threaten to throw the keys away.

This has happened (twice) to me !

My car was hit by a motorcycle , who decided to flee. Everytime, i have managed to get the license plate number - and immediately filed a police complaint. The insurance came to the police station to take care of damage documentation - and from that point on the liability was completely of the other party.

So as long as you called insurance on time + made a police complaint (the most important part) - you dont need to bother at all !

Good luck !

I see you took photos and with smart phones it's easy, pictures of the other driver, license plate, damage to both

cars. Insurance companies in North America like lots of pictures of damage to your car so repair shops don't

expand the damage before the car is inspected by the adjuster. The police like to be spoon fed as well. With

lots of pictures and a barking wife to keep pressure on the police and insurance companies, I am sure there

will be justice of some kind. Best of luck thumbsup.gif

Put a picture of her car and plate number on here. Maybe someone in Udon will recognise it and let you know where her car is. Also a picture of her too.

Unfortunately I didn't get a clear picture of her but here is her car, the wifey said the plate is from mahasarakham.

post-75846-13981713048135_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't get a clear picture of her but here is her car, the wifey said the plate is from mahasarakham.

OK brilliant. Get some flyers made up in English and Thai saying that this woman caused an accident and injured several people and drove off. Say that theres a reward to find the driver of the car. Thais cant help themselves when it comes to spilling the beans on someone. Silver Toyota with registration 1515 wont be hard to find. Go to the local Toyota dealers and ask if that car has come in for repairs. Ask at every other bodyshop repair in the area too. Leave a flyer with all the places you visit and i reckon youll have her details within a week. You have the registration number from the car so she cant hide. Go to the land transport and ask them for her house address. You may have to get your wife to pay someone for this information, but Im sure it wont cost you more than 500 baht.

OK brilliant. Get some flyers made up in English and Thai saying that this woman caused an accident and injured several people and drove off. Say that theres a reward to find the driver of the car. Thais cant help themselves when it comes to spilling the beans on someone. Silver Toyota with registration 1515 wont be hard to find. Go to the local Toyota dealers and ask if that car has come in for repairs. Ask at every other bodyshop repair in the area too. Leave a flyer with all the places you visit and i reckon youll have her details within a week. You have the registration number from the car so she cant hide. Go to the land transport and ask them for her house address. You may have to get your wife to pay someone for this information, but Im sure it wont cost you more than 500 baht.

her car has serious damage, and she will have to get it repaired,

I love the flyers idea.

I would start at the light poles by 7-11 and the entrances to big C, and anything in the direction she was leaving

Get a grip bellend ,fancy not doing what everyone else would do automatically in your situationtongue.png Everything ok ,no injuries? No point stressing over it,I'm sure you and the missus will get it sorted one way or t'otherthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Get a grip bellend ,fancy not doing what everyone else would do automatically in your situationtongue.png Everything ok ,no injuries? No point stressing over it,I'm sure you and the missus will get it sorted one way or t'otherthumbsup.gif

All OK mate bar a little bit of whiplash. I started to milk it a bit then realised where I was.

I seen a similar type accident on Pattaya Klang. Immediately the driver of the first car jumped out and went directly to the car that rear ended him......put his hand in the driver's door and removed the keys...........

One caveat to that and if the guy in the car has a gun or knife as he may take offense.

That was exactly what was going through my mind as I was reading it.

Have to say, if I were ever involved in an accident - even if it was 100% my fault - and some bloke came striding over to my car and put his hand in whilst I was sitting there, I'd feel very threatened and try my best to bite it or wedge it against the steering wheel and break it if I could. Then I would drive away in fear. Seriously.