friendliest part of los

coconutbar

Jumped on a train from hat yai to Surat and jumped off at a random station somewhere in phatthalung province. Been by myself equipped only with broken thai managed to befriend half the town in a day. Where is the friendliest place in Los u ever visited ?

I'm more interested in the story of jumping off at a random train station....

If you want to tell us op?

woke up on a train headed to god knows where with a bad changover and just decided to get out . I bought a coconut from the nearest vendor and walked around with my Thai phrasebook practicing Thai. A family even put me up in resort which was just a room on a farm With geckos and rats for room mates . It felt good to know that falang is still a novelty in parts of Los. Edited by coconutbar
  • Like 2

I'm more interested in the story of jumping off at a random train station....

If you want to tell us op?

woke up on a train headed to god knows where with a bad changover and just decided to get out . I bought a coconut from the nearest vendor and walked around with my Thai phrasebook practicing Thai. A family even put me up in resort which was just a room on a farm With geckos and rats for room mates . It felt good to know that falang is still a novelty in parts of Los.

Yeah I know those types of resorts in rural Thailand.

More like a last resort.

Chang over....laugh.png

• Like 1

In my experience, ANYWHERE thats not on the tourist trail, then you find genuine friendly people.

They havnt been corrupted or perhaps polluted is a better description.

Except the local bib.

• Like 1

In my experience, ANYWHERE thats not on the tourist trail, then you find genuine friendly people.

Except the local bib.

Could be more "dangerous" than in tourists area whistling.gif

Narathiwat Town, 1993. My Thai at the time was still rudimentary, and of course these people didn't speak much English. But positively everybody wanted to talk to me, I wasn't left alone for a minute. Was overwhelmed by the friendliness of those people, but I ended up going into the most expensive hotel in town and having a coffee there, just to be alone for 20 minutes.

Nong Han for sure, constantly waved passed road blocks when the locals are stopped and fined. I once stopped anyway and bib says, don't stop, we don't fine farangs here. Love the place. Been 5 years in and out and the bib seem to wave to farangs and enjoy the wave back.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

True in my experience. I'm a Yank living near Sena (three years) and I only know of one Swede and one Belgian living nearby. Hence, I don't get tarred with the same brush as bunch of obnoxious dweebs just visiting. I mean who would want to visit Sena, y'know?

Nong Han for sure, constantly waved passed road blocks when the locals are stopped and fined. I once stopped anyway and bib says, don't stop, we don't fine farangs here. Love the place. Been 5 years in and out and the bib seem to wave to farangs and enjoy the wave back.

so true, people complain about discrimination here but positive discrimination is also often the norm in the not so touristy spots. i've had the same thing not wearing a helmet. all thai stopped. humble mr farang "urged" to wear it next time. wai2.gif .......................

the far south

satun, yalla, Pattani ( Thai's u meet are very friendly an often ask, what ur doing there )

and than Songkla, Chumpon, Prachup Khiri Khan

than jump up to the north, Mae Hong Son,Chaing Rai area, Fang, Chiang Khong

You really think that is being friendly ? Then why don't they speak to or ask other unfamiliar Thai's ?

No, only if its a FALUNG, because we are so stupid to reply to them

In Nana, Patpong, Soi Cowboy areas, you will find extremely friendly Thai-people who all want to get to know you.

I guess that is why that have placed many hotels around that area and why so many tourists hang around there... ;-)

That must be the friendliest part of Thailand!

Edited by khunpa

LOS in general is the friendliest place in Asia...genuine smiles all around, trustworthy people who don't care the very least about the baht in your pocket. Come to think of it, "Thailand is BEST", as some Thai author said on a tv program the other day (and as I'm sure it's repeated constantly inside many Thai brains). Now, as participants in this thread, do we get any special treatment from TAT?

the far south

satun, yalla, Pattani ( Thai's u meet are very friendly an often ask, what ur doing there )

and than Songkla, Chumpon, Prachup Khiri Khan

than jump up to the north, Mae Hong Son,Chaing Rai area, Fang, Chiang Khong

You really think that is being friendly ? Then why don't they speak to or ask other unfamiliar Thai's ?

No, only if its a FALUNG, because we are so stupid to reply to them

what?? i speak thai an speak to them in thai.

Been here 28 years, i know when a thai is being friendly or not