Urgent Help Needed. NonImm O (spouse), re entry

I hold a non Imm O, which I just submitted the paper work for to renew a last week. I was told to return May 3rd for the decision (granting), no problem in the past. My mother has just been taken very ill and I need to return this week wed/thurs. I have no re entry permit. The flight would leave 10pm from Swampy. I am unsure how to go about getting in and out of the country, I may well be required to stay longer than the report date of May 3rd. Can anyone please give me some advise on what to do. I can get to Immigration tomorrow first thing (Nakhon Pathom) and see what they have to say, but I want to be armed if anyone has some advice.

Oz

Presumably you have applied to renew an extension of stay based on marriage.

If so you can obtain a re-entry permit which will allow re -entry within the 30 day under consideration period.

If away longer you may have no option other than to restart the process with a new visa

I would got to immigration to check to see if perhaps the approval has already been done or could be hurried up. Since it is an emergency I think they will do their best they can for you.

If not get a re-entry permit and try to be back in time for the report back date.

There is a re-entry permit desk open 24 hours a day at Suv.

I had the same problem last year (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/640418-starting-new-with-1-year-extension-of-stay-based-on-marriage/) and I think I will have the same problem again next year whistling.gif

But last year I just left, and before returning I applied and got a new Single Entry Non-O at a Consulate in Europe.

Then (after I arrived back in Thailand) went to Immigration to apply for the 365 Day extension of stay, the only "hassle" was that I needed a Witness (only needed when you apply the 1st time) and the affirmation of freedom to marry (fortunately I had a scan saved on my PC) but all in all it was smooth sailing. (Note: This was Jomtien Immigration)

Good Luck and sorry to hear about your Mother !

Edited by MJCM

The immigration Dept has never been anything but helpful, one guy there works his butt off. He mentioned when we were sitting at his counter the re entry at Swampy is now available, but said it wasn't 24hrs, this was only last week, so I would hate to put money on it as I am a bit of a distance from there. As I said I will be there first thing to see if it can be sorted in a rush. If not will report back with the findings.

Oz

After talking with the guy at immigration this morning, it seems I just have to let this application expire. It is unlikely that will be able to return before the May 3rd midnight curfew. So he outlined 2 options. 1) Apply at the Thai Embassy in Melbourne before returning OR 2) re-enter Thailand on a 30day tourist, then re-apply for NonImm O. This can not be done at our regional office in Nakhon Pathom, they can only process Retirement Visas there. So 2 trips to Chaeng Wattana, lodge, pick up. He also mentioned that the area surrounding the dept. is blocked with protestors and getting there is very slow, he showed me some pics on his mobile of the traffic jams.

Since this is my 4th or 5th extension of the spouse visa, he said I should apply for permanent residence, I said I can't sing the national anthem yet, and he laughed.....

Thank you for all your help everyone. I think I'm just going to take-off and figure it out later.

Oz

Edited by ozsamurai

"Since this is my 4th or 5th extension of the spouse visa, he said I should apply for permanent residence, I said I can't sing the national anthem yet, and he laughed....."

If married you can skip PR, and it's high cost, and go straight to citizenship. About 1/10th the cost.

Still need 3 years on extension, working and paying taxes. WP required.

If you come back with a new O Visa, or do the conversion, the three years will start over.

Unfortunately>? I do not work here, nor have a work permit, never have, so is this going to affect a citizenship application?

He also said that if I have to re-apply when I get back, I lose the eligibilty to apply for citizenship as I start from scratch again, the 5 yrs just gets wiped off. Not that I was aiming for it, but now its toast too!

the consulate website in Melbourne

http://www.thaiconsulatemelbourne.com/non-immigrant-visa.php

The officer mentioned that Chaeng Wattana is open now, and the pics he showed us were some his boss sent him of the traffic jam yesterday.

You have to be working here to get citizenship.

The $225 fee mentioned under the non-o family info would be for a multiple entry visa. You only need a single entry which is $90.

CW is not open for the public yet. Perhaps some of the officers are working there.

The $225 fee mentioned under the non-o family info would be for a multiple entry visa. You only need a single entry which is $90.

CW is not open for the public yet. Perhaps some of the officers are working there.

he would be hard pressed to get a multi in OZ now, all consulates are now referring multi to Canberra and asking money in bank, example Perth requires AU$50,000 in OZ bank. No problem with single, and that is all he will need.

he would be hard pressed to get a multi in OZ now, all consulates are now referring multi to Canberra and asking money in bank, example Perth requires AU$50,000 in OZ bank. No problem with single, and that is all he will need.

I think that is for visas based upon retirement not marriage to a Thai.

nope both, straight from the horse's mouth

Which horse?

Which horse?

I forget that you are a yank, it is a colloquialism meaning big boss, head man and in this case from the consulate, in Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane, did not contact the rest.

Think this is going off topic?

Edited by MikeandDow

Which horse?

I forget that you are a yank, it is a colloquialism meaning big boss, head man and in this case from the consulate, in Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane, did not contact the rest.

I understood what you meant.

So you are saying three horses now. But not the main horse at the embassy.;

Which horse?

I understood what you meant.

So you are saying three horses now. But not the main horse at the embassy.;

nope would not try Canberra you would drown in the horse's pooo, only been there once lots of years ago, not many people go there as its doom and gloom, can not and will not give you a straight answer in person, and as far as E-mail just give up, never tried telex, saw they had a machine there, maybe should have,

There's no way I can get over to Canberra anyway, any dealings will be at the Melbourne office. So a single entry is $90? I can show enough money in an Oz bank and a Thai bank to qualify either here or there. As I only did the application on the 17th of this month, I will take all the paperwork we assembled then with me to Oz in case. Do you think this sounds like the fair bet for a smooth renewal? Or if it was you would you just wait till May sometime and do it when I get back at CW? Wife also mentioned the guy at Imm said I have to go back on the 3 month validity visa thing too, for a year, then get the yearly extensions as I am now, what very poor timing I have. Thanks for all the wishes for my Mum. She has struggled with Parkinsons for many years now, and at 82 I think she has just given up. Six kids, worked all her life to support her kids, she deserves a quiet passing.

Oz

There's no way I can get over to Canberra anyway, any dealings will be at the Melbourne office. So a single entry is $90? I can show enough money in an Oz bank and a Thai bank to qualify either here or there. As I only did the application on the 17th of this month, I will take all the paperwork we assembled then with me to Oz in case. Do you think this sounds like the fair bet for a smooth renewal? Or if it was you would you just wait till May sometime and do it when I get back at CW? Wife also mentioned the guy at Imm said I have to go back on the 3 month validity visa thing too, for a year, then get the yearly extensions as I am now, what very poor timing I have. Thanks for all the wishes for my Mum. She has struggled with Parkinsons for many years now, and at 82 I think she has just given up. Six kids, worked all her life to support her kids, she deserves a quiet passing.

Oz

You should not need any financial proof for the single entry non-o. It is $90 for a single entry.

You can apply for the new extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you get from the visa.

There is no requirement for you to have a year on a multiple entry visa before applying for the extension.

Oz

You should not need any financial proof for the single entry non-o. It is $90 for a single entry.

You can apply for the new extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you get from the visa.

There is no requirement for you to have a year on a multiple entry visa before applying for the extension.

Get an up to date Kr 2 at the amphur before you leave, just in case.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

I had one with me last year in Europe and the gladly accepted it complete with a copy of Kr 3. This was at an Embassy btw, with Thai staff helping us.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

For most people applying for a visa it would be very difficult to have one because they probably had not been here for for a long time and/or perhaps never had one, It certainly is not mandatory to have one.