ED VISA and your country

hello

is it true that Iranian people are not eligible for ED visa, as the ministry refuse to give them?!

today I had a negotiation with famous Walem school in bangkok (through email) for applying for a regular language school and do a simple procedure for my friend and the officer said:

"I would like to inform you that there are no ED visa permission from Education ministry for Iranian so you can't apply for this course.
You can apply normal course without visa.
"

Where was this posted before. I don't recall ever seeing it here on the visa forum.

It is possible that they don't but I have never heard of it. The MOE do not issue the visa but they have to provide the documents for one.

You might try another school.

"I would like to inform you that there are no ED visa permission from Education ministry for Iranian so you can't apply for this course.

"

Is it possible that the school understood that the OP's friend wanted to study the Iranian language and that the school does not offer this subject?

Or is it possible that too many Iranian nationals who had an ED visa and extensions of stay for studying Thai were found to be abusing this visa and in fact were not studying Thai?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You might try another school.

yes I found out that almost every school have the ED VISA for all the nations and I wonder why this famous TSL in bangkok shold reply such a thing!

"

Is it possible that the school understood that the OP's friend wanted to study the Iranian language and that the school does not offer this subject?

Or is it possible that too many Iranian nationals who had an ED visa and extensions of stay for studying Thai were found to be abusing this visa and in fact were not studying Thai?

no this is not possible because I mentioned exactly about ENGLISH courses. by the way, Iranian cannot cheat this way, I heard that officials test their knowledge once a while.

anyway, now I know there is no limitation on ed visa based on nationality expect that some countries like iran should apply before coming to thailand