Possible to arrange a Van or Pickup truck to collect me from the airport?

davidjg

I'll be arriving in Phuket with 3 dogs in crates, 3 kids, the wife and about 130kg of baggage. A taxi just isn't going to cut it. Any ideas where I can get some kind of transport to pick me up? Or a company that might do a one way rental from Phuket to Chalong?

I'll be arriving in Phuket with 3 dogs in crates, 3 kids, the wife and about 130kg of baggage. A taxi just isn't going to cut it. Any ideas where I can get some kind of transport to pick me up? Or a company that might do a one way rental from Phuket to Chalong?

If I had a pick up I would sort you out so maybe another kind forum user who has a pick up will offer there assistance! good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Alwayssunny

There was just a thread about the guy who filmed the taxi people trying to rip people off and created a youtube video.
In that thread was a link to a company, I think called phuketshuttle.com or something like that.
They had vans that would come and pick you up for a decent price I believe.
Try that.

I have just had a look at the Phuket Shuttle website.

1299 baht for a family van from the airport to Patong and 750 for a standard car - quite reasonable, by Phuket's transport standards.

Any idea who is behind this company, and why they have been allowed to operate independently of the cartel?

They have been recommended many times on this forum, and as the word spreads that they offer the best value for money and reliable service, by Phuket's standards, many will use them.

Surely then, the time will come when they will receive some unwanted attention from some "influential people" here on Phuket.

Any licensed and legal company can do airport transfers, and there are many of those. Nothing to do with 'registered in krabi', 'flying under the radar', 'not hanging around at the airport' 'being part of a kartel' and all that kind of non-information sprouted here on a regular basis.

They're smart enough to be registered in Krabi and are probably not hanging around the airport on a daily basis, so flying under the radar, and they are probably even licensed and legal.

Well, good for them. However, if they become too successful, I can only imagine a time when they are forced to pay to be in the "association" or not be allowed to operate to, and from, Phuket Airport through threats and intimidation.

I also notice you can hire a car and driver on an hourly basis from them as well.

Any licensed and legal company can do airport transfers, and there are many of those. Nothing to do with 'registered in krabi', 'flying under the radar', 'not hanging around at the airport' 'being part of a kartel' and all that kind of non-information sprouted here on a regular basis.

Really???? Well, I suppose Phuket Airport "metered taxis" will use the meter then. cheesy.gif

Edited by NamKangMan

Really???? Well, I suppose Phuket Airport "metered taxis" will use the meter then. cheesy.gif

As usual you're confusing the issue with remarks that seems relevant but really are not, just to get something negative in.

At the OP: any friend can come to pick you up, if you're new/don'tknow anybody, the earlier mentioned Phuket Shuttle is good and reliable.

As usual you're confusing the issue with remarks that seems relevant but really are not, just to get something negative in.

At the OP: any friend can come to pick you up, if you're new/don'tknow anybody, the earlier mentioned Phuket Shuttle is good and reliable.

Are you seriously suggesting, or would like to have others believe, that there is NO CORRUPTION involved in the general transport out of Phuket Airport for tourists?

Are you seriously suggesting, or would like to have others believe, that there is NO CORRUPTION involved in the general transport out of Phuket Airport for tourists?

As I said 10 minutes or so ago: "As usual you're confusing the issue with remarks that seems relevant but really are not, just to get something negative in.".

• Like 2

As has been shown in the past and will be the case in the future, if a company started picking up passengers on a regular basis with clearly marked company logo, there WILL BE A PROBLEM. I wonder why certain posters that always bicker with other members refuse to accept reality instead of what the law actually says?

• Like 1

As has been shown in the past and will be the case in the future, if a company started picking up passengers on a regular basis with clearly marked company logo, there WILL BE A PROBLEM. I wonder why certain posters that always bicker with other members refuse to accept reality instead of what the law actually says?

Shown in the past? Looking forward to your examples. I know af many licensed and legal companies offering this service without any problems, and of companies offering this service illegally, sometimes having problems.

So looking forward to licensed and legal companies not allowed to offer a transfer service from the airport.

Edited by stevenl

@ stevenl

"remarks that seems relevant but really are no" - I think it's relevant the OP expects prices that are out of line with the rest of Thailand. It may save him some confusion, and a few baht.

Obviously, with several passengers, dogs and luggage, he would not want to be taken advantage of, which happens so often at Phuket Airport.

There are many members wanting to help there are also many members only interested in debating something which has nothing to do with the thread title, glad it's sorted!

"There are many members wanting to help" - you mean, work illegally. biggrin.png

The op is trying to get transport from the airport now there is a debate into corruption!!

Just trying to help out the OP so he doesn't get ripped off at the airport, and thanks for your constructive post. :)

There are many members wanting to help there are also many members only interested in debating something which has nothing to do with the thread title, glad it's sorted!

"There are many members wanting to help" - you mean, work illegally. biggrin.png

No I mean wanting to offer assistance which is what I would have done for no payment had I owned a Pick-up!!

Exactly, and what's wrong with warning someone who starts a thread on this forum that transport out of Phuket Airport "operates" differently to other places in Thailand????

We all know, what should happen there, doesn't.

It is a fact, not an opinion.

Exactly, and what's wrong with warning someone who starts a thread on this forum that transport out of Phuket Airport "operates" differently to other places in Thailand????

We all know, what should happen there, doesn't.

It is a fact, not an opinion.

28 posts in this thread, 8 of those yours, none of them answering the OP.

No I mean wanting to offer assistance which is what I would have done for no payment had I owned a Pick-up!!

Correct me if I am wrong, and I don't think I am on this occasion, but I believe "payment" has nothing to do with the definition of "work" here.

I believe you even need a work permit to perfom volunteer work in Thailand.

So, whilst we are going a little off topic, we wouldn't want the OP and his family to be pulled up at the airport and a new foreigner "friend" who is driving questioned as to the nature of their relationship, payment, or otherwise, etc etc.

I mean, a dive instructor can't even carry one of his student's kit bags on Phuket, so, "driving" is definately out. :)