Thai politics: Lese majeste 'monitor' vows to arm his group

webfact

POLITICS
Lese majeste 'monitor' vows to arm his group

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Having been intimidated after announcing an online crusade against people violating the lese majeste law, Mongkutwattana General Hospital director Rienthong Naenna yesterday vowed to arm himself and other members - but only on their premises and in self defence.

Rienthong set up the Facebook page "Organisation to eradicate the rubbish of the nation". A retired military doctor holding the rank of the major general, he pleaded with the national police chief not to take legal action against members of the group, saying they would be armed with war weapons only in self defence and on their premises.

Arming ourselves is needed to cope with the war weapons used by the movement of people violating lese majeste law, he said.

Rienthong said on Facebook last week that a group of men travelled in three vehicles near his home. On the organisation's Facebook page, there is a post saying a rival Facebook page titled "Hunting down all Naenna family members" has been closed down, thanks to complaints by his supporters on Facebook.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-22

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What the hell was that story all about?"

It's about {soon-to-be-ex} director Rienthong Naenna of Mongkutwattana General Hospital going off the rails for his 15 minutes of fame (in his mind?)...

Edited by cloghead

Another PDRC nutter who wants an excuse to have an army.

Is he connected to the pdrc? Didn't see that in either article.

He's just a supporter and I think a lot of PDRC supporters share his views. I don't think he's involved in the PDRC administration, though.

Edited by somjitr
  • Like 1

He's just a supporter and I think a lot of PDRC supporters share his views. I don't think he's involved in the PDRC administration, though.

If a lot of supporters share his view points, i would say we are in a far better position having the unwashed and uneducated 'northerners' running the country than these 'educated' PDRC people!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Read a much more detailed article on this guy in Bangkok Post yesterday. Talked about investigating lese majeste offences by people and teenagers with 'bad thoughts' with the aid of ex-soldiers and police, who have the national interest at heart [not the exact words but that was the gist of it]. Couple of references in article about how a similar atmosphere to the one he is promoting was operating around the time of the 1976 [?] university massacre. Scary, dangerous, right wing lunatic was the lasting impression I got from reading it.

As a hospital director you would think the wasted space would have better things to do, any one who go's down this path has delusional experiences, the call is for Democracy, this spiv is so removed from that , instead of keeping weapons close by, they should be straight jackets.

• Like 1

He is a fully qualified ex Army Doctor, trained and certified in the removal of disloyal and objectionable brain synaptic tissue. All current and potential lese majeste offenders should report immediately for corrective surgery!

• Like 1

He is a fully qualified ex Army Doctor, trained and certified in the removal of disloyal and objectionable brain synaptic tissue. All current and potential lese majeste offenders should report immediately for corrective surgery!

Are you suggesting he graduated from the Mengele School of Medicine?

• Like 2

Foreigners should update their Plan B.

From the first day living hear i read in my passport that iam an non-immigrant. So it is for me clear this country will never be my new home, married, retired or not.

And with the outlook in this country iam happy i never bought anything expensive here.

just my opinion.

• Like 1

What the hell was that story all about?

It seemed to be about Thailand having way more generals than any other rank.

Sounds like, would like to know how many more generals there are compared to the other ranks. Australia has around 22.

He is not just a supporter. He is;

1. A major general in the army.

2. A director of a hospital.

He posted his call to arms on his facebook page and is pictured in uniform.

It is unacceptable that a man who is in a position of trust posts a maniacal statement in his capacity as a uniformed officer in the army and as director of a hospital. Only in Thailand can a uniformed officer get away with calling for what is in effect an illegal vigilante. This is typical conflict of interest behaviour from many of Thailand's so called health professionals.

I was talking about his relationship with the PDRC. He is just a supporter. The positions you mentioned have nothing with the PDRC as far as I know.