Just been to the bike pimping shop :)

Got my indicators fixed with small led ones but the owner was trying to sell me a headlight bulb that's 300% brighter than stock (he says)

He has them in clear and blue colour

Anyone using any of these, would like to hear the pros and cons and maybe even what the police have to say about them if anyone knows because I'm pretty sure they are not legal to make your lights 300% brighter than everyone else's lol

Must be the guy in the 'pimp my ride' shop in Soi Baukhow. You go in wanting illuminated valve caps and he tries to sell you everything else he has in stock!

If the bulb is halogen.....tell him he's dreaming!

If it's LED.....Mmmmmaybe.

If it's HID......It is possible.

But is it 25w or 35w? Or is he trying to sell you a battery sucking 55w or 65w unit.

Yip Yap,

I'm looking for an LED H4 bulb. Do you know what he was trying to sell you?

BSJ,

If that is the reight place I will be in Pattya next week can you give me an approximate location. If I can find it on Street View it will make getting there easier. Of course it might be halogen and I already have one of those.

Edited by VocalNeal

its actually in ratchada soi 3 in bkk a few hundred metres in on the left side (not pattaya this time guys )

i have a suspicious feeling it was a normal bulb painted blue because i think it said 150thb on the box :D

and i know zenon ,hid and led kits are way more expensive than that ,even on ebay usa or uk where bikers

kit is usually much cheaper than thai rates

i just wanted to know if anyone had tried one or had some details ,i do want better headlights and also fog lamps

on a couple of my bikes but im confused by the world of aftermarket bulbs and lighting kits .....

i might buy one and let them install it just to see if its any good but if it uses over twice the voltage and it costs me

a new battery or cant start my bike in a couple of weeks id be pissed off ........

i believe theres also a heat problem with stronger bulbs melting through the plastic cover on your lights and i want to avoid that

as well ........

I think your alternator will easily handle the extra load.thumbsup.gif

Melting of wire insulation & plastic may be problematic though.facepalm.gif

My li'l wub.png CBR150's lights aren't bright and I'd like to upgrade if practicable.

If I could match the brightness of my Nouvo SX, that would be swell.rolleyes.gif

Any advise would be welcomed.smile.png

Emoticonically yours, Papa Al

i might buy one and let them install it just to see if its any good but if it uses over twice the voltage and it costs me a new battery or cant start my bike in a couple of weeks id be pissed off ........ i believe theres also a heat problem with stronger bulbs melting through the plastic cover on your lights and i want to avoid that as well ........

I have a Xenon 60/55w in my bike and it does make a difference. Mine is quite old about 2002 and at the time I think I paid 2400 Baht (just for reference)

I'm looking at LED to reduce the power consumption because I have added two cooling fans. (about 10w each)

Note bike has a real glass headlight.

Edited by VocalNeal