Cashier's check from one Thai bank in one province to another provi

My wife is buying some land in Chiang Khan and we live in Phuket. My wife is Thai and I am American. We have an account at Siam Commercial in Chalong. I already signed a paper at the land office in Phuket stating that the money to buy the land was her money which has been successful in the past when she bought other land near Loei. The money to buy the land is in fact her money that she worked for I have no problem with her buying this land. We are married in Thailand under Thai law. We have a 6 year old daughter together.

Before taking the money out of her bank account here in Phuket, We were told by our bank manager at Siam Commercial in Chalong, that a cashier's check for 750K baht would cost only 25 Baht. Well we just found out that the manager at the bank did not tell us the full the story. She said that it would cost much more money to do this since Chiang Kahn is in a different province than Phuket and we are now looking at about 700 baht to pay for the 25 baht check at Siam Commercial. What would be the cheapest way to transport that amount of money to Loei province in a safe way without having to carry cash which is far too dangerous? Our closing is on the 25th in Chiang Khan so we have to move fast.

Also, would it be safe to have the cashier's check made out to the property owner? Or should the check be made out to my wife so that she can get the cash again from the Thai bank in Chiang Kahan and give it to the owner at the land office in Chiang Khan. There must be a cheaper way to move that amount of money from Phuket to Chiang Khan without taking any risk!

You need to know for sure how seller wants payment. If he will take a cashier's check from another province pay the 700 baht and get the check because its peanuts considering the size of check. If he wants cash I would still go with the check and cash once arrive at destination. It makes your life worry free not traveling with large amounts of cash cross country.

The wife ended up buying a bank draft made out to herself for 310 Baht from SCB. She was told that SCB in Loei will give her cash for free for that bank draft the same day. Her bother will drive her to the land office in Chiang Khan so she will be safe. You are right about paying in cash because once she pays the land owner, she will have the Chanote changed to her name at the same time.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 3 months later...

The wife ended up buying a bank draft made out to herself for 310 Baht from SCB. She was told that SCB in Loei will give her cash for free for that bank draft the same day. Her bother will drive her to the land office in Chiang Khan so she will be safe. You are right about paying in cash because once she pays the land owner, she will have the Chanote changed to her name at the same time.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was told that the fee is 1000 baht for 1 million bank draft, why did she pay 310 ?