Bringing your child late so to miss the indoctrination.

For and against with most types of schools.

The private schools that are not Thai are mostly Christian schools. She would likely go to a private Thai school for her Thai part of her education. International schools are largely populated by spoilt brats, no thanks, rather her educated with a sense of humility and equality for all. She will end up with the same qualifications as International students anyway with her iGCSEs.

Anyway, off topic. :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand if you are so worried about this, then why don't you send your child to a private school? You wont need to worry and she gets a good education.

They will be.

And no, the education wouldn't be classed as good. Which is why any Western parent here should be insuring their child recieves an international education with international Western qualifications.

The idea of their child just ending up with a M6 cert is kinda sad, really.

For and against with most types of schools.

The private schools that are not Thai are mostly Christian schools. She would likely go to a private Thai school for her Thai part of her education. International schools are largely populated by spoilt brats, no thanks, rather her educated with a sense of humility and equality for all. She will end up with the same qualifications as International students anyway with her iGCSEs.

Anyway, off topic. smile.png

cheesy.gif .....how cute

I don't understand if you are so worried about this, then why don't you send your child to a private school? You wont need to worry and she gets a good education.

Some people live in fantasy land...shame for the kids, if those said people actually have kids and are not just sick twisted.

Still hurting eh, being unsatisfied and being unable to satisfy sure does make people all angweee. :( It's not my fault you had such poor parents lad, get over it.

I'm guessing Som Wat has no job here and is close to an exit....can't afford to send his kid to a school he wants to...

Correct with no job here. More than enough income from my properties to ever need to work. No real desire for an exit after 10 years here, it's a great country to live in when one's fluent in Thai and doesn't have to work or think about money. smile.png

Which bar will you be propping up tonight HD? sad.png

Ouch. giggle.gif

Which ever bar I choose, gloriously.

Why ouch?

Do you assume you are the only member who can stammer out a few toneless 'Sawadee Kraps' and thinks themselves 'fliuent' in Thai?cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

This whole thread seems more a device for you to establish your fantasy online persona than any genuine worries about your child or any imagined concerns you have for her welfare or education.

Income based on 'property'.... I suppose you were once in the SAS or the Marines, but can't talk about it?

I'm guessing Som Wat has no job here and is close to an exit....can't afford to send his kid to a school he wants to...

Correct with no job here. More than enough income from my properties to ever need to work. No real desire for an exit after 10 years here, it's a great country to live in when one's fluent in Thai and doesn't have to work or think about money. smile.png

Ouch. giggle.gif

Edited by HeavyDrinker

Some people live in fantasy land...shame for the kids, if those said people actually have kids and are not just sick twisted.

What are you talking about Fantasy land? What am I missing, please enlighten me. I don't have kids, but my friend sent his kids to Harrow and spoke highly of the school. So what is wrong with Harrow or any of the other top international schools?

Showbags is a bit, shall we say unhinged and stalkerish. Underwent life long trauma at the hands of his parents, poor fella.

I find the geezer astute and intelligent with a far better understanding of life here than you seem to have.

At least he doesn't need to create nonsense threads to try and establish his online persona.....do you really want to talk about being 'unhinged'?

• Like 1

Ouch. giggle.gif

Which ever bar I choose, gloriously.

Why ouch?

Do you assume you are the only member who can stammer out a few toneless 'Sawadee Kraps' and thinks themselves 'fliuent' in Thai?cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

This whole thread seems more a device for you to establish your fantasy online persona than any genuine worries about your child or any imagined concerns you have for her welfare or education.

Income based on 'property'.... I suppose you were once in the SAS or the Marines, but can't talk about it?

Nope, no SAS haha. Middle east work connections, hard work and a property developer family member.

Fortunately allowed me to spend my first years here studying Thai fulltime, getting P6 certified, and means I don't have to work again for as long as I live. Enjoy propping up that bar. :)

What are you talking about Fantasy land? What am I missing, please enlighten me. I don't have kids, but my friend sent his kids to Harrow and spoke highly of the school. So what is wrong with Harrow or any of the other top international schools?

My comment was re the OP

Still hurting eh, being unsatisfied and being unable to satisfy sure does make people all angweee. sad.png It's not my fault you had such poor parents lad, get over it.

There's that fixation again....I know it is beautiful...but I prefer females worshiping it.

Enjoy propping up that bar. smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

I shall and I do enormously. You write that as though it's an insult? Maybe one day you'll join me and show off your 'fluent' P6 Thai skills. I could use a laugh right now...

I'll spring for the bill if you're a bit short in case your property empire is as shaky as your grasp of Thai culture is...

The only "fantasist" around here is the one who has used every post claiming he's fluent in Thai and has a property empire with middle eastern connections...cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Please carry on.

Hopefully one day you 'll put in the time and effort to get passed jing jing and khun suay, you probably don't need to when playing connect 4 with peasant prostitutes every night though. Your hate of those so much more successful in life is kinda funny.

Do carry on lad. :D

Edited by Som wat

The only "fantasist" around here is the one who has used every post claiming he's fluent in Thai and has a property empire with middle eastern connections...cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Please carry on.

Hopefully one day you 'll put in the time and effort to get passed jing jing and khun suay, you probably don't need to when playing connect 4 with peasant prostitutes every night though. Your hate of those so much more successful in life is kinda funny.

Do carry on lad. biggrin.png

I'd say given his obvious rage, that could he afford to go to a bar and had the language skills to engage even a 'peasant prostitute' in conversation, he'd not be posting nonsense here.

Sad really. Some struggle here on so many aspects of life yet continue to live in fantasy bubbles.

Indoctrination happens in every school in every country, everyday.....we round up late kids and they still have to sing the National Anthem. I still seem to remember singing the Australian anthem at school once a week. No big deal. If kids can't be made to sing their national song, or the King's song, you have no hope of getting their respect in the classroom. Lord help any student in my class who talks during the King's song at assembly.

I have never stood or sang the British National Anthem at any time in my life, and never would as I have no respect for it whatsoever. Especially the fourth verse as I am a Scot, and I suppose I am rebellious.

I have, and I still do if it plays, but I went through the whole school system in the UK and the only time we sang the National Anthem was for the Silver Jubilee (1977) as part of a school show. No flag raising, no anthem, no "God Save the Queen" etc or even pictures and portraits all over the school (there was on picture I remember in the hall way - but one amongst many and it was given no fanfare). All that business disappeared from all but some independent schools in the 60s.

Personally I think it was a mistake (along with getting rid of most grammar schools) as national pride is something that should be instilled in our children - and respect for authority or culture has been sadly lacking since.

Btw no one sings the anti-Scot verse - its rarely even printed these days. Its an old song, one of the very first anthems anywhere, and a sign of its times.

The USA anthem is about war (and even added a verse after the civil war about freed slaves) - Thai anthem is warning that the Thais will fight to death to protect it - even the proposed Scots national anthem (Flower of Scotland) is all about the Battle of Bannockburn (1314) when Robert the Bruce won a battle against Edward II - and that was only written in the late 1960s!

Indoctrination happens in every school in every country, everyday.....we round up late kids and they still have to sing the National Anthem. I still seem to remember singing the Australian anthem at school once a week. No big deal. If kids can't be made to sing their national song, or the King's song, you have no hope of getting their respect in the classroom. Lord help any student in my class who talks during the King's song at assembly.

I have never stood or sang the British National Anthem at any time in my life, and never would as I have no respect for it whatsoever. Especially the fourth verse as I am a Scot, and I suppose I am rebellious.

I would hope however that you would respect those of your fellow countrymen and women who do stand and sing their National Anthem.

I will not respect any Scot who stands for the British National Anthem because of the fourth verse. I have no more to say as Thaivisa is for expats in Thailand. The subject is closed.

I agree with you in that "Thaivisa is for expats in Thailand" therefore perhaps in future, you could refrain from posting non-related responses revealing your own personal prejudices which have nothing to do with Thailand.