Directions from Asoke to Major Hollywood

I am planning to flag down a taxi near BTS Asoke tomorrow and ask him to take me to Major Hollywood to file my ninety-day report. I will have the address and telephone number but in case he doesn't know where it is, can anyone tell me what directions I can give him? Thanks.

Probably print out this map in Thai?

Second line is "Major Hollywood" in Thai transcript, in brackets: first floor.

More detailed ("Major Hollywood Suksawat"):

เมเจอร์ฮอลลีวูดสุขสวัสดิ์

major.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

The map posted above is the one I printed off and showed the driver I flagged down near Asoke.

My guy didn't know the area but found it pretty quickly using that map, the journey just after 10.00 was very quick and cost about 80 Baht.

As you come down the slip road keep your eyes open, the building is at about 11 o'clock and requires a quick u turn.

Could call the phone number of the Cineplex(!) and ask for direction:

0-2818-1555

Street adress:

เลขที่ 360/14 หมู่ 7 ถนนสุขสวัสดิ์ แขวงราษฎร์บูรณะ เขตราษฎร์บูรณะ กรุงเทพฯ 10140

Its on Thanon Suksawat (Suksawat Road).

Edited by KhunBENQ

KhunBENQ: Thanks for the map and the phone number. Bobroper: When I rode to Asoke from Major Hollywood with another farang last Thursday, the cost was 90 baht and it took 15 minutes. From Chong Nonsi to Major Hollywood it took an hour. I do remember it being at 11:00 and requiring a U turn. Thanks everyone.

From nearby Wongwian Yai you can catch a #20 bus, which goes right past Major Hollywood. Just ask the conductress to let you know when to get off. Fare is 8 baht for the ordinary bus (no aircon). 2 minute walk westward from the BTS to the interesction with Somdet Phrachao Taksin, turn south and find the first bus stop. Flag down any #20 bus. They are frequent.

That map from the immigration website is pretty misleading. Better to find it on google maps.

Suksawat Rd.

Straight road from Asok, travelling towards Khlong Toei, until you get to around Rama three where the taxi would have to turn right to get to unto Bhumibol Bridge, which leas to Suksawat Rd. Stop as soon as the taxi gets off the bridge and look to your right ( backwards ), you'll see Major Hollywood.

I filed my ninety-day report at Major Hollywood today and received a nice little printed slip stating the date of my report and my next reporting date (July 24th.) It only took me ten minutes inside the building. The lady entered all of my information into her computer so now I know that the reports are computerized.

The trip took me ninety minutes altogether and khunBENQ's map and address were crucial. When I first got in the cab, he didn't understand what and where Major Hollywood was. He still didn't understand when I showed him the map but got it when I showed him the address in Thai. I had made an error, though, in getting into a cab going up Sukumvit towards Phrom Pong. It took the cab 22 minutes to make a U turn on Sukumvit and head in the right direction but when he reached the intersection where he turned left, he reached up and reset the meter. It ended up costing me 120 baht there and 120 baht coming back in another cab. People going to Major Hollywood are advised to board a cab going down Sukumvit from Asok towards Nana. Except for the heat, it wasn't a bad experience but I was very happy to get to the Central Food Court and have my daily iced cafe mocha! Thanks to all for their helpful advice.