Suthep lobbies state enterprise to support for his final “overthrow Yingluck” push

Lite Beer

Suthep lobbies state enterprise to support for his final “overthrow Yingluck” push

10255559_744325778921885_569339974058340

BANGKOK: -- People's Democratic Reform Committee leader Suthep Thaugsuban kicked off "overthrow Yingluck" anti government campaign Thursday leading thousands of protesters to the Provincial Electricity Authority head office to persuade state enterprise employees to join upcoming massive protest to unseat Yingluck.

Before setting off the caravan of many buses, trucks, and motorcycles, hundreds of security guards were dispatched to ensure safety for him as the route to the PEA head office on Ngamwongwan road in Nonthaburi is in the area where the red shirts are active.

He earlier was strongly pledged by executives of several state enterprises to throw full support for the campaign, just waiting for him to “blow whistle again”.

They included Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand, Metropolitan Electricity Authority, Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives, Royal Irrigation Department.

Suthep plans to march to Thai Airways International head office Friday where its union vows to come out in full force to welcome him, and to also call for the ouster of THAI acting president for what they said underperforming that inflict huge loss to THAI for third consecutive year.

Suthep told supporters Wednesday night at Lumpini park that he would not await ruling by either the Constitutional Court and the National Anti Corruption Commission to consider action but would now prepare for the final push to bring her down.

No matter what the ruling will come out, whether she is guilty or not guilty, protesters’ only and ultimate goal is to topple Yingluck, Suthep declared.

He said he has set April 30 as the day to declare the final push and urged all supporters nationwide to get ready when he blew the whistle.
“It will be the final, the end of our almost six month long peaceful protest, when all people come out together to overthrow her. It will finish in one day…if not I’m ready to give up and turn myself to the police and let these bad guys remain in power to plunder the country,” Suthep said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-lobbies-state-enterprise-support-final-overthrow-yingluck-push/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=suthep-lobbies-state-enterprise-support-final-overthrow-yingluck-push

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-24

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again Suthep calls on the people to get ready for the "final", the man has it right with many of his points, but he starts to look like this government willingness to pay the rice farmers.

delay, delay and even more delay.

Just get the damn thing of overthrowing this government done, so the normal people can start to rebuild the country and their lives.

In most countries overthrowing a government is done in days, but yeah, we all know the Thais, never on time...

Edited by Bangmod

he said he will hand himself in...will thaksin..no way a spineless shin he ran away like most cowards do...i do admire his staying power for an older guy.and do try to remember trolls there are more than one group of protesters...but that doesnt suit your agenda does it..

• Like 1

Again Suthep calls on the people to get ready for the "final", the man has it right with many of his points, but he starts to look like this government willingness to pay the rice farmers.

Just get the damn thing of overthrowing this government done, so the normal people can start to rebuild the country and their lives.

In most countries overthrowing a government is done in days, but yeah, we all know the Thais, never on time...

A matter of days? Come on, I know how you feel, but history making events take time.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Well, people on both sides are getting tired and the sooner this will finish, the better. May the best man win rolleyes.gif

Be patient....this is the final push.....#15.......then again,i think I can only handle another 3 final pushes myself

• Like 2

Wow, the final push again. What is this, number 5 or 6.

After all of this time, has anyone heard of a single reform apart from vengeance against those who oppose the mighty Pol Pot Suthep. Its true that Buffalo are easily led.

Surely there is some group that can form a decent opposition to this joke of a government.

• Like 1

I thought I could hear a howling noise: it's the barking mad Suthep on the prowl again for cash. His 1000s of supporters are likely to be in the very low hundreds if past months are any evidence.

I am looking at this from anther angle. Thailand has a bloated and hugely inefficient public sector. The state owned institutions mention in the OP are just part of the problem. The railways and Thai Airways International amongst others are also part of the problem. Sooner or later a PTP or their successor party will form the government. Then it will be pay back time for supporting Suthep. A platform of putting these state bodies into the private sector and opening them up to competition could be very popular election strategy.

Edited by rreddin
  • Like 1

I thought I could hear a howling noise: it's the barking mad Suthep on the prowl again for cash. His 1000s of supporters are likely to be in the very low hundreds if past months are any evidence.

Still more than the reds, and they even postpone because of lack of numbers. moonsnigfab and uncle tom cobbly---get real face the fact of this sad miserable corrupt government. follow the money guys, what will you all do when the accounts are read out.???

Well in a normal country the courts would act, the police would act, PM would step back, etc etc.

It really isn't Sutheps fault but yes he is over optimistic.

he is as mad as Sadam Hussein and should be buried in a hole in the ground like a rat

I think you are wrong. However, remember the "Golden Rule" and think if that is how you want to be treated by those you disagree with.

he is as mad as Sadam Hussein and should be buried in a hole in the ground like a rat

I think you are wrong. However, remember the "Golden Rule" and think if that is how you want to be treated by those you disagree with.

I guess you think suthep is the El Supremo of Thailand? Like he wants to be. And there is no "Golden Rule" here in Thailand.

After all of this time, has anyone heard of a single reform apart from vengeance against those who oppose the mighty Pol Pot Suthep. Its true that Buffalo are easily led.

Surely there is some group that can form a decent opposition to this joke of a government.

I see moonao "liked" your post, happy to see that he has come over from the dark side and finally realizes

• Like 1

Well in a normal country the courts would act, the police would act, PM would step back, etc etc.

It really isn't Sutheps fault but yes he is over optimistic.

It's not his fault???? If he had gone along with what he wanted in the first place (to disolve parlament and her to step down which did happen) none of this and none of the people would have been killed. Am I right or wrong. But all he wants is a complete and total dictatorship with himas the supreme being.

• Like 1

Whether one likes it or not this P.R.D.C. movement has endured the test of time and has not barricaded sections of Bangkok, nor burnt areas of Bangkok down, or caused a substantial number of schools to be closed down nor have traders premises been looted unlike the Red Shirt movements activities in 2010.

Demonstrations do tend to be disruptive that's how the message is sent. The leaders of these groups in the main are but figureheads the controllers are in the background whether its the P.R.D.C. or the Red Shirts.

I am no great fan of Suthep, however I am a fan of the P.R.D.C I was a fan of ''The Caravan Of The Poor until it was hijacked by the Red Shirt opportunists.

The people have had enough of rampant governmental corruption, nepotism, wholesale lying, the people are indeed reacting to the way that they are viewed by the greater majority of the P.T.P. and the Shinwatra clans plan to establish a new ruling political dynasty (dictatorship).

Suthep will fade into the background when the Shinwatra clan and its cronies are removed from power.However the incoming administration will need to be wary lest they stir up the people again with a rerun of this last administrations policies and actions.

Characters like Suthep come and go, every movement will have someone who rises to leadership due to their on talents and of course their potential usefulness to those in the background.

One ghost may be exorcised but another will arise this will be the case until the politicians cam accept that they are the public's servant nothing more nothing less.

"Whether one likes it or not this P.R.D.C. movement has endured the test of time and has not barricaded sections of Bangkok," What are you talking about they stop people from going to work. Thats not barricading and stopping people from voting???????

• Like 2

Not as long as this government buys votes through populist policies and their constituents threatens the opposition with violence if they try to campaign in their areas.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Old Man River
  • Like 1

Suthep is a Hero........ he will go down in history as the man who saved Thailand... if this was a catholic country Suthep would be made a saint... and kinda got a ring to it.. St Suthep...

And another mistake 3NUMBAS ...... Saddam Hussein was not mad... and here in Thailand rats are not buried in a hole in the ground , They are eaten..! bon appetite...w00t.gif

• Like 1

If the Shin clan and their cohorts privatize public organisations like railroad etc, expect to see a lot of money being drawn out of these by filetizing the assets and the profits vanishing in privat pockets.

Though the service is often mediocre, privatizing will not solve such problems. On the opposite, look at the U.K. rail system, which went from bad to worse, AFTER it was turned into private companies... Only speculators are eager to get public assets privatized! Vultures!

Else I can only tell all those, who complain about Suthep taking so much time, it is totally up to Taksin and his puppet sista to get out of politics. The next day Suthep will stop his part of the protest. Sounds easy? It is easy!

• Like 2

He has to keep his people motivated; judging from the dwindling supporters and funds and the fact that his guards are imploding. Trust me, 30th April will come and go as another day and he will still be in Lumpini Park. People who believe that he will surrender himself to the authority has too much sun. He will be gone before you can say Taksin.

diehard60 post # 24.

"Whether one likes it or not this P.R.D.C. movement has endured the test of time and has not barricaded sections of Bangkok," What are you talking about they stop people from going to work. Thats not barricading and stopping people from voting???????

I along with a number of fellow staff members were forced to stop going to our office for a two week period in 2010 due to the Red Shirt protesters barricading the area surrounding our premises.Also nearby premises belonging to the M.E.A. were torched and the local 7-11 stores were looted and stripped of all fixtures and fittings too.Don't forget the parking of L.P.G trucks next to lower end condominiums either.

I, and I am sure many others too have neither observed nor heard of such vandalism on the scale as described above from the P.R.D.C.

diehard60.

Did you come to Thailand because you liked that which you saw?

If that is the case, why do you wish to change it to that which you think is best and thus inflict your political dogma upon other people?

he said he will hand himself in...will thaksin..no way a spineless shin he ran away like most cowards do...i do admire his staying power for an older guy.and do try to remember trolls there are more than one group of protesters...but that doesnt suit your agenda does it..

I admire his stamina also...almost 6 months of speeches...heat, anger, deaths...you name, this guys has not faltered.

The Reds seem to be ineffective now..due to Suthep...???...a few rat bags left and lots of shouting..but spent now.

When it comes to civil wars a sense of false security is a very dangerous thing.