Yingluck must call a halt to Phuketwan case: Thai editorial

webfact

Why should it necessarily be a good think to make it "criminal" defamation?

Darned if I know. Why should it?

Well, I suppose in the sense of every state loves to accumulate power at the barrel of a gun it would be a good thing. Myself, I don't like that kind of power at all, but is that what you had in mind when you say it would be a good thing?

In some way, I hope they don't stop, and Thailand has to go through the very public embarrassment of locking these people up.

I know what you mean, but unfortunately "the very public embarrassment" lasts until the next squirrel diversion. What you say here is what a lot of people say every lese majeste trial. And 90% of the people ARE locked up, and the government is embarrassed on front pages in Bangkok and around the world for hours. And they it's not because... oh, look, another squirrel!

Of course there is a valid and always existing question of whether a government (i.e. politicians) can ever be embarrassed about anything, ever, anywhere.

Edited by wandasloan

• 3 months later...

Bump!!

A while ago the esteemed pair of Eds were taking credit for the army clean up now under way..All down to their blog site and suggestions on it that this was now happening

Now , today apparently they esteemed pair who seemed to think they were all onside together, they were refused entry to a media conference..

You will have to kill us!!! says ed in headlines today.....w00t.gif