Is there a minimum number of work hours needed for a Non-B visa?

The rules are more flexible for getting a work permit as a teacher. The university should contact the work permit office for info.

For a B visa or an extension of stay based upon teaching there is no minimum hours to get them in the rules.

Spoonman, I did not know if the sponsoring business for the visa needed to give a detailed job description. Since the work scheduled would b unconventional, I wondered if it would affect visa and/or permit. Thanks guys.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

For an ED-visa there is minimum of 4 hours, I have heard there is the same minimum for volunteering. So that might be the case also for employment. One might get a work permit, but not necessarily an extension of stay from immigration based on employment (teaching).

A visa is an other matter.

Thanks Mario. That might be an issue for the extension. If that is the case, I should not teach too large of a class if it will translate into too few hours/mo and might need to teach several classes that aren't quite full to make sure that the hours don't fall below that possible threshold.

Ah, then my question is probably a moot one then. A tremendous amount of time goes into research, photos, Powerpoint presentation construction etc. A 10 hours weekend course is well over 50 hours. Thanks.

If any Thai employer is willing to employ you, it is between you and the employer how many hours you have to work. Neither Immigration nor the Labour Ministry ever ask that question. A job is a job as far as they are concerned.