Mitsubishi Minburi failing to return deposit.

Som wat

Neighbour paid 3000 baht deposit to be checked for finance on a car 2 months ago.

Deducted from the downpayment if successful. Refunded if not.

Finance was not given. Money is not being returned.

Salesman is a right lying <deleted> from what I've heard. For the past month it's been a case of him saying this and that and wait for this and that, they got onto the office, went to the showroom again personally two weeks ago to give all the original documents they then said they needed to process it. Salesman says he has passed them on. Office says they haven't got them.

What can be advised?

OCPB ?

They have. They are very non concerned. Not a customer or potential customer as finance was refused. Just said to contact the finance company. Finance company say nothing (original docs and receipt) has been received.

Salesman say he sent to them, so to deal with them.

They're a bit passive but it pisses me off as they're decent hardworking honest folk and I hate to see them done over. I almost wish it was my money so I could go down there and, ahem, make a massive scene and total table-banging bellend out of myself. :D

Why so much fuss, just for 100 bucks?

Because they're not wealthy, work hard, and don't deserve to have 3000b stolen off them because they tried to buy a car through an official dealer but couldn't pass the finance. 3000 baht is probably a few days of work for them.

You leave your morals at the airport or something? :cheesy:

I believe couple of hundred bucks is not worth getting stressed out by going through all the fuss just to get a small refund back.

I believe couple of hundred bucks is not worth getting stressed out by going through all the fuss just to get a small refund back.

They get away with all the time because they work on dealing with people like yourself.

If they do it 10 times, they come away with 30,000B, nice easy money for a scum bag.

• Like 1

Happened to me in 2004 with Toyota, cash buyer but new model needed to pay a booking fee, cancelled 5 days later, after 5 months getting nowhere ended up sending a recorded letter with photo copies to Toyota head office..... it did the trick, the 10,000 baht was returned within the week.

• Like 1

I had some free time so volunteered to ride over there with copies of the docs and put some people on the spot for some actual info. They were reluctant but gave in.

I really do love the Thai fake promises and lies given with smiles and wais. :)

After all sorts of lies, fake promises and excuses I got the name and number of the head of the finance company and will call them on Monday.

• Like 1

Neither the Mrs or me have been asked for deposits. Does this only get requested if they dont know You ,and your a First time customer..?.Id find it offensive to be asked for money after ive given my word i want it.coffee1.gif

Don't know.

Think it was something to put off every poor Tom, Dick and Harry from swamping the finance departments trying to get finance on this, that and everything. IIRC the finance people had to make a home visit to them.

• Like 1

I had some free time so volunteered to ride over there with copies of the docs and put some people on the spot for some actual info. They were reluctant but gave in.

I really do love the Thai fake promises and lies given with smiles and wais. smile.png

After all sorts of lies, fake promises and excuses I got the name and number of the head of the finance company and will call them on Monday.

Well Done!

I really do love the Thai fake promises and lies given with smiles and wais. smile.png

Good luck on Monday. You have done a good job helping these people.thumbsup.gif

Because they're not wealthy, work hard, and don't deserve to have 3000b stolen off them because they tried to buy a car through an official dealer but couldn't pass the finance. 3000 baht is probably a few days of work for them.

You leave your morals at the airport or something? cheesy.gif

Not sure if it was his morals he left at the airport but he left his brains in the special box at arrivals. One cant miss the box it has a big sign on it

" Farang please deposit your brain in here and pick it up when leaving." cheesy.gif

• Like 2

There are two boxes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> One says.

"Please deposit all of your money in here and get back on the plane this may save you a lot of pain"

The other one says.

"If you decide to stay please place your brain in here and pick up when leaving"

The boxes have been there for many years.coffee1.gif

You leave your morals at the airport or something? cheesy.gif

He's already told you they're not wealthy.

3000 Baht to them might be like 30 000 to you.

Would you try and get back 30 000?

3000 baht to me is important enough to retain a lawyer. That dealership stinks!

• Like 1

Yes I think also... that money must come back.

So talk with the dealer. Start polite and slowly squeeze the blood out of them. Maybe the idea that 50 farangs who mess up his showroom will make the dealer do think different and solve your problem.

Neighbour paid 3000 baht deposit to be checked for finance on a car 2 months ago.

I believe if one has a legal background they will tell you that in general a deposit if non-refundable but a part payment is.

Buy the sound of it your neighbour paid 3000 for a finance check.

Did you read his small print?

To put it in perspective if one applies for a visa here. There is an application fee of ?? (2,500) baht which is non-refundable.

I believe if one has a legal background they will tell you that in general a deposit if non-refundable but a part payment is.

Buy the sound of it your neighbour paid 3000 for a finance check.

Did you read his small print?

To put it in perspective if one applies for a visa here. There is an application fee of ?? (2,500) baht which is non-refundable.

They've (mitsubishi finance dept.) already accepted their bank info etc, and say they will start the refund process when they get the original docs. The salesman says he gave to them already. Finance dept. say that he hasn't.

Finance dept. say talk to him.

He says he's done everything already.

When I went there on Saturday the plick wasn't there.

From the lies and promises they've told me he's strung them along he's a sneaky lying thieving knut.

Edited by Som wat

OCPB was a little bit of a let down.

They told me (speaking Thai with the Thai service side, not the English) that the person listed on the document would have to make the complaint in person at Chaeng Wattana office.

I was hoping that they would take note of the details then call the head there that is dealing with it, thus getting sh@t done pronto.

Called the head later myself and they're apparently onto it. However they need the husband's bank book copy as it's in his name, so can fax it to them, as the lying salesman said the wife's bankbook is fine even though the document is in the husband's name. Will leave it and see.