is it possible to get a work permit with a non o visa?

You can apply for and obtain a work permit and work with a non-o visa entry or an extension of stay based upon marriage or having a Thai child.

You should insure a copy of your marriage certificate is attached to the work permit application.

Only Phuket have problems as have insisted on a Non "B" BKK, Samui and Pattaya no problems, however Chonburi still require 4 Thai nationals per Foreigner regardless of them being married or not

What has this got to do with getting a WP with a Non O (Chonburi still require 4 Thai nationals per Foreigner regardless of them being married or not)

Only Phuket have problems as have insisted on a Non "B" BKK, Samui and Pattaya no problems, however Chonburi still require 4 Thai nationals per Foreigner regardless of them being married or not

What has this got to do with getting a WP with a Non O (Chonburi still require 4 Thai nationals per Foreigner regardless of them being married or not)

He is saying that the Phuket work permit office want you to have a B visa entry in order to get a work permit. And that a work permit office will not issue a work permit unless you have 4 Thai employees even if you are married to a Thai.

Hi there,

I'm new to the site although I've been reading for research purposes for a while now.. Please may I check something?

I am from the UK and have a Thai passport, and about to move to Thailand with a UK husband on an O visa. He earns his money remotely from clients outside of Thailand, and I have been trying to work out how to get him a work permit so he can continue to earn from overseas - does this mean we don't have to register a Thai company?

Also, eventually we would like to go for PR for him, but I think (although I could now have read so much I'm confused) that 1) he has to pay Thai tax? Is this right and if so can anyone advise 2) what rates would be applicable (Is it PIT)? 3) Does this only apply to income we bring into Thailand?

I'm happy to benefit from anyone else experience or suggestions on how best to do this!

Thanks for any assistance

Hi there,

I'm new to the site although I've been reading for research purposes for a while now.. Please may I check something?

I am from the UK and have a Thai passport, and about to move to Thailand with a UK husband on an O visa. He earns his money remotely from clients outside of Thailand, and I have been trying to work out how to get him a work permit so he can continue to earn from overseas - does this mean we don't have to register a Thai company?

Also, eventually we would like to go for PR for him, but I think (although I could now have read so much I'm confused) that 1) he has to pay Thai tax? Is this right and if so can anyone advise 2) what rates would be applicable (Is it PIT)? 3) Does this only apply to income we bring into Thailand?

I'm happy to benefit from anyone else experience or suggestions on how best to do this!

Thanks for any assistance

In order to get a work permit requires a Thai company, partnership or business registration to get a work permit. The easy way in your case is to form a partnership with you husband (51/49). The number of Thai employees need will depend upon the work permit office where you have to apply.

Permanent residency and citizenship (best in his case) requires having a work permit and paying Thai taxes for 3 years prior to application.

There are many people working online here by doing it on a out of sight out of mind basis from their homes without a work permit (also called under the radar).