Do I need to enter cambodia before returning

I need to exit Thailand as part of my 60 day tourist visa by 30th April. After getting stamped out of Thailand, do I need to 'enter' another country, get a visa and passport stamp or can I simply do a u turn and re- enter Thailand please?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You can extend your tourist visa for 30 days at immigration without exiting Thailand. TM7 form, 1 picture and 1900 baht.

If you leave the country, you must enter a neighboring country before returning, immigration checks the stamps.

"I need to exit Thailand as part of my 60 day tourist visa by 30th April."

I'm a bit confused. If you have a Tourist visa, you chopped in for 60 days. Fine, understand that part, but I thought you could just go to a local Immigration office and pay baht 1,900 for a 30-day extension of that visa, for a total stay of 90 days.

????

Mac

Agreed that I can extend for 30 days. But I'd rather travel the region rather than just stay local. So many places to go to. Some think that the restrictions are a pain but I'd rather look at it as an opportunity.

"Chop" is more Chinese than American, altho I must admit I am a proud Yank.... It's a commonly use expression for "stamped."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_(East_Asia)

Mac

Not questioning your responses - but as an East-Coast American (Boston/NY) - I have never heard anyone use "chop" in this context and don't know any of my American friends who refer to themselves as a "Yank" although I am familiar with this expression. What part of the U.S. are you from?

"Chop" is more Chinese than American, altho I must admit I am a proud Yank.... It's a commonly use expression for "stamped."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_(East_Asia)

Mac

Not questioning your responses - but as an East-Coast American (Boston/NY) - I have never heard anyone use "chop" in this context and don't know any of my American friends who refer to themselves as a "Yank" although I am familiar with this expression. What part of the U.S. are you from?

I know quite a few Americans that refer to themselves as a Yank myself being one of them. As for "chop" I agree with u on that. Maybe 'chop suey'. BTW I'm from the left cost.

Edited by khwaibah

Thanks all, have decided to go into either savannaket or poipet as an overnighter.

Honestly, I am struggling to find something that would be worse than a night in Poipet

Two nights in Poipet ???

Seriously, I have seen guys sent back to enter and re-enter ( Cambodia ) when they tried to get chopped/stamped back into Thailand.