Where to buy a Split System Aircon

dinga

D-Cup

I want to install aircon in a downstairs open living area and in the adjoining bedroom. Rather than install 2 separate units, am thinking that a split system (say a 9,000 and a 18,000 btu unit) would be a cheaper/better alternative. Problem is the sales folks in every outlet I've asked seem to have no knowledge as well as no stocks. Appreciate suggestions about where I can go to source splits (I live in Rayong/Klaeng area - and am not much fussed about brands, provided it's well known).

Tks

Can help with location or source, but.. the majority are referred to as split systems as in one inside unit and one outside unit. What you want I guess is whats called a Multi-Split system. One compressor unit (CDU - Condensing Unit) with 2 or more indoor units (AHU's Air handling Units).

More major brands do them. One of the better ones would be a Daikin Multi-Split.

I'd also suggest using and inverter unit if its a new install.

• Like 1

But not only is it not understood because usual system here is called a split system (two parts) it is not normal to install as most people prefer separate working systems and this is what is understood as normal. I would not go that route unless it is a space issue and there is no place to mount a second compressor. Do not believe there would be any savings involved (but admit have not checked in many years) and downside both out of service if compressor fails and likely few techs with experience on them.

• Like 1

But not only is it not understood because usual system here is called a split system (two parts) it is not normal to install as most people prefer separate working systems and this is what is understood as normal. I would not go that route unless it is a space issue and there is no place to mount a second compressor. Do not believe there would be any savings involved (but admit have not checked in many years) and downside both out of service if compressor fails and likely few techs with experience on them.

Tks - yes space is the major issue, but sounds like I need to re-think.

• 2 weeks later...

Daikin offers the split con you talk about. Problem being you need to purchace a minimum 30,000 btu compressor & it is almost double+ for the set up. Daikin also recommends that you are indeed better off with 2 units with smaller units. what happens when the gas leaks out . Your entire house gets hotter than hell while you wait for the serviceman to come out. I already did this tango with Diakin. That & if I would have went with the 30,000 we only needed 18,000 for the (2) 9000's we put in. Your cost will be greater for sure powering up the 30,000 & you only need a 9000 & a 18000 why spend the huge difference for the compressor & the extra cost of electricity. The 9000 ac. will use 3x's as much juice. Better to go seperates. & I also remember the Diakin techs(We had 3 teams come out to the house) telling me that I should have matched BTU units so a 9000 & an 18,000 would be the wrong numbers. That & it would be an order & wait item for the compressor., & parts could be a real drag to get as well. They don't keep this item in stock or at least from Pattaya- Rayong area. This may be a different story in BKK but you would be dead in the water upcountry looking for replacement parts on something that very few people use.