How is it that the farang in this video can own his home?

Try watering the garden, jetwash the stonewash areas, halfe the problems solved....big Fortuna, sure a few Thai workers could get in the back with their tools..

Garden looks more like soil issue, not watering.

Reading the article, seems like the developers neglect maintenance issues, even after fees were paid in advance.

This was, supposedly, not a cheapo project - not sure if getting a few workers round the back is a possibility, nor does it seem reasonable. The guy (and others) bought a house, why would they need to smuggle in workers? Anyway, the stuff he mentions in the clip would probably mean materials delivery (paint, cement, tiles, soil).

Edit: Not everyone is a DIY kinda guy.

Edited by Morch

Many farangs like to talk about owning houses with land when the property is actually owned by their Thai wives, a Thai company or Thai nominees.

He might even be a naturalised Thai citizen or was perhaps born in Thailand to farang parents who both had permanent residence at the time, making him Thai.

solution : dont buy a house in a village (housing estate)

Nothing than problems and sooner rather than later complete thai families will

move in and they will stop paying for maintenance etc.and than the project becomes

a garbage dump in no time

As they do with all projects ,they will build a row of cheap shop houses in front

of your nice home and you can watch the rubble of their back-terraces.

That's why they start building 20 m from the street .

3 years maint fees in advance before the property transfer is standard practice.

I also had to pay 3 years in advance on my house near CM, but my 3 years only cost 16K.

Usually the developers assume all the houses will be sold during that time and they don't expect further payments, Thais generally bail from maintenance payments as soon as they can. The developer assumes the first payment is the only one he will ever get.

Strange this project has been going a while, normally the residents would take over the maintenance management by now.

The video, basically a complete non-story.

No soil, just plants and lawn in builders rubble/landfill, completely normal, you want soil you have to add it yourself.

Paint peeling, this climate is hard on paint, my house is less than 1 year old, repainted earlier this week, free.

(I came back from the US, found a few minor cracks, asked the office to come and fill them, they repainted most of the house free)

Pools crack, especially when left empty, again typical of the work done here.

Every complaint he makes is about normal homes in Thailand.

The developer trying to only use their staff is a bit strange, but I put that down to having too many foreigner home owners. My moobaan has exactly the same rules, but the owners are all Thais, security wouldn't dare stop a Thai owner bring in his own builders, that was if security survived the builders wrath. Same for the developer, they wouldn't dare.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

Hello,

i'm the guy from this Video and you are right, i'm not the owner from this house on the paper., this was my Girlfriend.

The thing is that i was suprised with the making of this video from the Reporter and for the reason that Englisch ist not my mother tongue (i think you can hear it) i was a little bit nervous and forget to say that i owned it with my Girlfriend.

I do some repairs on the House for my own but big things like repair and remodel the Pool or flatten the complete Garden an put new soil an grass on is a to big job for me alone.

Thats why i need help from constructors who cant get in the Village.

A couple of weeks ago we have also a shooting in the village because the boss from the security send 3 from his guys with Baseballbats to one of my Neighbour to break down his private security box he build on the street. His security has selfdefenced him and shot at one of the attacker. This story was also in the news.

The point is that the Villageowner do nothing else that one or two days before a meeting send a couple of workers to clean a little bit and cut the grass. After that they doing nothing unti the next meeting. The security guards (whitch changing all 1-3 Months because they dont paying them for insane reasons but this is another story) never catched one single burglar, the only thing they do ist not letting our workers an contractors in we hired.

I hope all this comes to an end in the near future and then we can live in peace.

Regards

Chris

Edited by MoD1977
  • Like 2

how did your neighbors personal security guards get into the estate if your own contractors cant?

security guards to protect him from security guards, sound a real nice place to live.rolleyes.gif

go for the 20million baht estate next time perhaps that will be bettercheesy.gif

Edited by Cow San Load

because his security is also his driver

here is the story from that incident but its a bit diffrent from what i heared

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/123931/navy-guard-sought-after-shooting-in-front-of-korean-owned-house-in-east-pattaya/

it is normaly a nice place to live because its very calm in our street.

All the problems are becomming whorster until the last 10 Months.

Since the last months the owner say every contracter who wants to come in need a permission from the office and for the permission they want 15 000 Baht. w00t.gif

In my opinion they are running out of money a trying to get ervery baht they can put their hand on.

In all the other Projects they have its the same story i heard.