Calling All Computor Freaks

lampard10

Now then lads and lasses. Try to work this one out. My computor will not update. My web-site stays the same on all my four main computors, even after it's been updated. I noticed as well my Sport Telegraph home page has stayed the same after two weeks. On my lap-top everything is hunky-dory.

I can read your minds now. You are thinking, 'Why doesn't he clear his caches and tempory files?'

Oh I do. Frequently. I even put a new computor (updated mine from 98 to XP) in, and the result is exactly the same. Every computor on this IP address will not update. It's only the home page on the Telegraph, and it seems to be only the property age on my web-site. Any ideas?

Have you tried it on a computer rather than a computor?

:o

Seriously now, have you tried a CTRL-R to force a refresh of the webpage(s)?

I've tried everything...............................................even taking it to the computer shop, formatting, then trying again. Same result. The web-site pages up-dates after about two weeks normally, but the Telegraph has not updated for three weeks now.

Might not be a problem at your computer. Might be the web page itself has not been updated. Might be that the caching proxy (usually a transparent proxy, ie it's automatic, and you don't know that you're going through a proxy) has been configured incorrectly and so doesn't update.