changing Non B when changing employer?

Hi Folks,

I have a work permit that will expire on april 30 2014. However, i just used company paperwork to extend non B visa to april 30 2015, but have not yet renewed work permit.

In the last few days have been offered a new job with new employer.

Any suggestions on what to do?

1 Can i transfer the Non B visa over to new employer and then apply for new work permit??

2 Can i transfer the Non B visa to a Non O visa?? (i am married to a Thai) and then apply for new work permit???

I understand that if i cancel the present work permit OR it expires (next week) then i will also lose the newly extended visa.

New company can give me any paperwork i will need, but do i really have to leave the country to get a new visa or can i take care of this at immigration in Bangkok????

Any help will be much appreciated.

robbiecia

Seems you do not have a "B" or any other "visa " but rather an extension of stay based on working..

An extension of stay ends when the job ends or you quit !

Suspect you will need a new visa and a new work permit .

Edited by thepool

With the support of both your current and new employer you can apply for the new WP and Extension of Permission to Stay without leaving Thailand, but timing is absolutely critical.

You cannot transfer a WP, even within the same Labour District, you must apply for a new one and the old one must be cancelled, ditto the extension.

As an alternative your new employer can apply for a WP, you can leave Thailand and apply for a fresh Non - Immigrant 'B' Visa at a Thai Consular facility, but you are only likely to get a single entry 90 day non immigrant 'B' visa at best in SE Asia without a WP in your hand plus you cannot use the old WP if you are changing jobs.

No non immigrant visa entry can be changed or transferred.

You could change the reason for your extension of stay from working to one based upon marriage. You would first need a letter from your employer stating your job has ended. Immigration would then cancel your extension based upon working and you could then apply for one based upon marriage if you can meet the financial requirements of 400k baht in the bank for 60 days or an income of 40K baht.

You can obtain a work permit and work with either a non-o visa entry or extension of stay based upon marriage.