webfact

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is he actually Thai or English?

Hang he this is past history,he is a past President, last year and there have been 3 other Presidents since him.

Are they dragging this dusty old news out of the cupboard as a political move to assist his uncle?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_Oxford_Union

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Quote from "Itim":

But he said he wants to see a full democracy where people have the right to rally against the government but at the same time see no need to exercise that right.

"I want to see that, certainly, you [the people] might have a preference for a political party you want to be the government, but you don't feel that the government misrepresents you so much that you have to come out and protest," he said.

---------------------------

Sensible young man. That is the goal! Now, the political parties need to learn that lesson and remember it when they form a government. Then it is likely that problems such as Thailand has now won't occur. I wonder if Abhisit's heart is in the same place too?

• Like 1

Is he actually Thai or English?

Hang he this is past history,he is a past President, last year and there have been 3 other Presidents since him.

Are they dragging this dusty old news out of the cupboard as a political move to assist his uncle?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_Oxford_Union

Why would you even wonder if he is Thai or not? It's possible of course, his mother or father might be British (or thai or german or american or lithuanian or ...) however I see no reason to believe his parents are anything other than Thai, and if you are curious, do some research on who his parents are before spouting nonsensical innuendo.

PS. My bit of research didn't find out who his parents are, though it would seem that his mother is thai (sister of abhisit).

Well done. Nice to have the real respect of your peers. thumbsup.gif

Hello? The Oxford Union is not a part of Oxford. It's a private debating club and the titular head changes every semester. Yes, he was elected. Good for him. Congratulations etc.

I wonder if he joined for this reason, as stated in the marketing literature of the Oxford Union;

Oxford's Premier Social Venue

Oxford University students who join become Life Members - once a member, it’s free for the rest of your life. In joining, you will save yourself the price of membership through cheap drinks, frequent social events, free entry to the Purple Turtle, passionate debates, incredible speaker meetings, internet access and library services.

It is not as if he has toiled away in a lab or done fieldwork as many of thousands students in Thailand and the UK do. It may come as a shock, but there are literally hundreds of valuable contributions made by those students in any given semester. Can we please keep this in perspective. The debating club is just that, a social club where a bunch of the students get together and talk up their fanciful notions. It's like getting elected president of a fraternity. I'm sure his family is quite proud of him, but seriously, this is hardly news.

• Like 1

Hello? The Oxford Union is not a part of Oxford. It's a private debating club and the titular head changes every semester. Yes, he was elected. Good for him. Congratulations etc.

I wonder if he joined for this reason, as stated in the marketing literature of the Oxford Union;

Oxford University students who join become Life Members - once a member, it’s free for the rest of your life. In joining, you will save yourself the price of membership through cheap drinks, frequent social events, free entry to the Purple Turtle, passionate debates, incredible speaker meetings, internet access and library services.

It is not as if he has toiled away in a lab or done fieldwork as many of thousands students in Thailand and the UK do. It may come as a shock, but there are literally hundreds of valuable contributions made by those students in any given semester. Can we please keep this in perspective. The debating club is just that, a social club where a bunch of the students get together and talk up their fanciful notions. It's like getting elected president of a fraternity. I'm sure his family is quite proud of him, but seriously, this is hardly news.

Angry old fart are we??

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Run of the mill achievement young man anyone could do this according to GK, had it been Yinglucks son it would have been a sensation eh! GK.

Apart from the "congratulation" from you your post is to tread the honour down as if it is nothing.

Well done young Thai man good for Thailand and it's image, different to image that was portrayed over the last 3 years in government.

In GK world only Shins can do good in Thailand, even when they destroy the rice business

• Like 2

Well done young man. Great learning experience at a young age if he does choose the field of politics.

I could't agree more but he would be one drop of pure water into the sludge of Thai politics, he won't be able to dilute it, he will be made dirty instead.

Is the Purple Turtle the same as the Blue Oyster Bar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niumQLDL_k0&feature=player_detailpage