Where's the rain?

KawDang

Wish this rain would bugger off

Blew out 2 fish ponds this morning

Learning about Keyline irrigation the hard way in north central Isaan

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Half way around the ring road in Udon on my mountain bike, 7am, rain started to get heavy...More thunder, lightning, heavier rain..Got home 7.40 drenched, ultra happy and grinning...Loved It! The missus thinks I am ting tong, and says It Is my own fault that I will have a fever this afternoonsad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.pngsmile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png .

This has been the first rain of any note since early September here.

More please..

I don't know in which area of Udon you live but I had more than once rain just 3 km out of the ringroad direction Sakhon Nakon during all the month of April.

One time with strong winds so it entered through open windows and left the inside wet for more than 2 meters distance.

Bye,

Derk

Hello All, in Muang Korat we've had rain downtown every day for 4 days,

on the 1st. went in to Klang Plaza, you knew it was going to rain, but after

buying a couple of items in the basement I came up to sideways rain, and

lots of lighting. The aver all storm lasted over an hour, lots of street flooding

between downtown and the train station and there to The Mall.

The moat downtown along Hwy. 224 from IT Plaza to the corner where it heads

to the RR tracks was flooded and the water was almost to street level.

Rice555

post-37242-0-80241800-1399125195_thumb.j

Interesting to read how localised the rain is - while there were 2 or 3 rains a day or so ago in KK, here about 80 km away it remains tinder dry. I imagined when rainy season hits it would be widespread and persistent - although I realise the season hasn't truly kicked off yet.

At least the long dry weekend has provided the chance to dig a few relief ditches and plant another load of fruit trees.

Fingers crossed for some damp soon

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Here in Sarakham we have been getting fairly steady rains for at least 3 weeks . Some days nothing and others seems like we are going to wash away. Most of the small lakes and ponds are full and seeing a fair amount of standing water in some of the rice fields

really? rain in korat? well obviusly local cause hubby is complaining that it is way too hot for him and no rain (soeng saeng)... or maybe he is secretly somewhere else?

Hello All, we had a big rain storm in Muang Korat,

yesterday it rained downtown, it started raining at

the Hwy. 224/226 Y through town, but not out Hwy.

226 6km from the Y where we live.

rice555

I live near Phayao. We have had good rain and thunderstorms for most of late April and May. The mountains near us is actually clear of smoke. This is the earliest i have seen them smoke free.

PS We also had an earthquake and many aftershocks. it was raining when the quake hit.