Cookies

Toni

Every day I experience more and learn more about the computer. :D

I am working now a very short time with Firefox on your recommendation and I can say: perfect! :o Very easy to work with and to adjust which brought me at the theme "cookies". :D

I understood that cookies are a handy tool for when one want to surf a second time a specific site.

Also the theme "Cyberinspector" :D is making me curious, almost every week he is commented somewhere, and I started trying out where and how to meet this guy on the World Wide Web. We met! :D

A very educated person indeed ! Nothing anonymus, he introduces himself, or....?

Playing around with the Firefox accessories I met him again: he left his business card in my computer. :D

My question now is, what is he doing with the cookie he left? Does he wants to have commission on every site he controlls or will he start spamming me or what? :D

Does somebody knows?

post-22212-1149945386_thumb.jpg

New to me that mr. Insp. leaves cookies ... for the very good reason that I've set my Firefox to delete cookies on exit ... a generaly good thing to do ... The disadvantage is that you might have to enter username and password every time you visit your favourites ... but who would want to have those things stored in one's cookiefolder anyway?

New to me that mr. Insp. leaves cookies ... for the very good reason that I've set my Firefox to delete cookies on exit ... a generaly good thing to do ... The disadvantage is that you might have to enter username and password every time you visit your favourites ... but who would want to have those things stored in one's cookiefolder anyway?

OK, but WHAT are they doing or CAN they do with it????

Cookies are tiny little files left on your system by a web site.

The next time you visit that web site it can look to see if you have a

cookie, so that it can recognise that you have visited before.

As mentioned this may contain your logon information to save you typing

it in again.

It is probably best to set your browser to delete cookies on exit, as previously mentioned.

If you tell us which browser you use we can tell you how to achieve this.

Every day I experience more and learn more about the computer. :D

I am working now a very short time with Firefox on your recommendation and I can say: perfect! :o Very easy to work with and to adjust which brought me at the theme "cookies". :D

I understood that cookies are a handy tool for when one want to surf a second time a specific site.

Also the theme "Cyberinspector" :D is making me curious, almost every week he is commented somewhere, and I started trying out where and how to meet this guy on the World Wide Web. We met! :D

A very educated person indeed ! Nothing anonymus, he introduces himself, or....?

Playing around with the Firefox accessories I met him again: he left his business card in my computer. :D

My question now is, what is he doing with the cookie he left? Does he wants to have commission on every site he controlls or will he start spamming me or what? :D

Does somebody knows?

in Firefox it is possible to block cockies from some webpage :D

so I blocked Mr. Inspector.

and as always I must mention how gradefull I am that Thailand takes care on what I can watch and what not :D

Yes but what else can the cookies reveal? I too know how to avoid them but back to the OP's original question

"My question now is, what is he doing with the cookie he left? Does he wants to have commission on every site he controlls or will he start spamming me or what? jerk.gif

Does somebody knows? "

Yes but what else can the cookies reveal? I too know how to avoid them but back to the OP's original question

"My question now is, what is he doing with the cookie he left? Does he wants to have commission on every site he controlls or will he start spamming me or what? jerk.gif

Does somebody knows? "

maybe if the police comes they can find there the bad urls you used....

I don't know is there a way to read out a cookie?

I don't like the idea of a government website putting cookies on my personal computer. Cookies are meant for tracking, so why? They are hijacking web sessions, planting cookies on computers. It seems like the burner is getting turned up a little higher in their quest for frog soup. or should I say farang soup.