Orient Thai Airlines cheaper than Air Asia - flying Phuket to Bangkok

DavidBensen

Orient Thai Airlines at www.flyorientthai.com I found today are cheaper than Air Asia's cheapest, and Orient Thai don't charge extra for seat allocation, 20kg baggage checkin and credit/debit card transactions for payment. Looks like they only fly between Phuket and Bangkok though.

Wish I found there website before I paid for 2 flights Phuket to Bangkok today.

But I hope I save other people money.

Loving Thailand though.

Cheaper than AirAsia? Yeah, maybe, but then again probably at least 10 times more likely to land not in one piece and not in the intended location. They use very old planes (all well in excess of 20 years) and I would doubt their maintenance and training standards too compared to AirAsia. AirAsia is a huge airline that runs like clockwork. Orient Thai by comparison is tiny and is an amateur outfit by comparison with AirAsia which is probably the fastest-expanding airline in the world and for sure the most successful low-cost airline in the world.

• Like 1

If one's concerned about likeliness, which is a pretty subjective comment based on nothing real or in fact (as I'm not aware of any plane crash regarding Orient) … then don't why fly AT ALL. There are minimum standards overseen by flying authors after all :).

There are no guarantees in life what ever the case … and when it comes to plane travel … I believe one's more 'likely' to die crossing the street, if you care to base your comments on actual fact rather than an opinion with nothing backing it up.

My post was of a positive intention, to help others save some money if that's a concern for them and as CORNISHCARLOS supports, Orient Thai Airlines seems to be cost saving.

… your comment THAINESS is more unhelpful, than anything. Unsubstantiated and negative.

If one's concerned about likeliness, which is a pretty subjective comment based on nothing real or in fact (as I'm not aware of any plane crash regarding Orient) … then don't why fly AT ALL. There are minimum standards overseen by flying authors after all smile.png.

There are no guarantees in life what ever the case … and when it comes to plane travel … I believe one's more 'likely' to die crossing the street, if you care to base your comments on actual fact rather than an opinion with nothing backing it up.

My post was of a positive intention, to help others save some money if that's a concern for them and as CORNISHCARLOS supports, Orient Thai Airlines seems to be cost saving

The posters are reflecting to a accident at Phuket Airport, the parent Company of OnetwoGo was Orient Thai, after the accident they changed the name to the mother Company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-Two-GO_Airlines_Flight_269

But I have to admit, that I flew myself with them from time to time since the accident, when the price is OK. I try my luck. rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Air Asia Surat to BKK 2800 baht

Thai airways Surat to BKK 1400 baht incl seat allocation, luggage 20kg and CC payment..

My post was of a positive intention, to help others save some money if that's a concern for them and as CORNISHCARLOS supports, Orient Thai Airlines seems to be cost saving.

In fairness, cornishcarlos did say Thai airways. Until he otherwise states that he meant Orient Thai then I'll take it that he meant Thai.

Air Asia Surat to BKK 2800 baht

Thai airways Surat to BKK 1400 baht incl seat allocation, luggage 20kg and CC payment..

In fairness, cornishcarlos did say Thai airways. Until he otherwise states that he meant Orient Thai then I'll take it that he meant Thai.

Yup, I did say Thai Airways... Flying under the ThaiSmile brand.

Just pointing out that some major carriers can sometimes be a lot cheaper than the low cost variety.

It pays to check all options before booking :)