Cultural Question

djmatty

If she owns and runs the bar why would you have to pay her a bar fine - or anything for that matter? wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

Exactly..

..and if she asks, time to move on.

Why on earth you people are so stuck on with prostitutes is beyond me..facepalm.gif

some men simply like the whole prostitute concept. no attachments, no follow-up/looking back, feeling of power, etc.... just a matter of taste and priorities i guess.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does she have someone else that can look after things for her or will she need to pay someone to run things while she is gone. If she has to pay someone to do her job then I suspect she will want this money from you. Then again all depends on what she is looking for. Maybe she wants you for life and will say she needs no money that you dont need to support her and she wants a more meaningful relationship. Who knows what the scenario will be. We dont know you, dont know anything about her so how can we tell you want she wants or dont want.

If you are so worried about a bar fine then maybe you cant afford Thailand and should vacation somewhere cheaper.

What are all you experts scribbling ? Who knows and who cares. I have been here 20 years and still don't know what is going on with 'regular' Thais, let alone the Thai prostitutes, who incidentally, I rarely associate with.

They have nothing to say, its the same ol' crap over and over again. Why do you lot get so obsessed with them. Why even tell them what your name is ? Just take them, bonk them and get rid of them. That is what they are here for and nothing else. This is how Thai men treat them, they don't care what their names are or take them for dinner or have silly giggly conversations about rubbish with them. Its ridiculous !

• Like 2

Well she did mention to me that you were coming back, and we discussed it; you know the bar fine, and i said that as you were an existing customer that helped get her started that perhaps she should not add the 'bar fine '.. just accept the occasional drink etc...on top of the usual costs...... well you are an old friend now too.... ... hey lets have a drink together when you arrive....

Also, if any mods are watching this I would ask that the title of the thread be changed. It's deeply offensive to suggest this has anything to do with Thai culture. Considering Thai culture is made up of three core elements; nation-religion-monarchy - I ask that you remove any reference that suggests prostitution is a cultural practice.

I'm a carpenter and just became a contractor. If I worked at a set rate for you before why should it go down when my overhead went up? Why does any cost benefit for me go to you? I have all the risk. The benefit should be mine. You have to decide what it's worth to you and negotiate. If it's just an "arrangement" maybe you should go shopping for alternatives. Shopping can be fun!

• Like 2

Don't you remember your ECON 101?

Its considered an "opportunity cost".

Assuming you do not pay a "bar fine" then every time she goes with you she loses the bar fine she would have received by the other guys she could have gone home with.

She suffers a loss.

Ofcourse, the flip side to this is if you are stuck paying the bar fine and the nightly rental price, you, as a consumer, might find a similar product for a better "out-the-door" price and then she would lose whatever it is she gains by your company.

Perhaps you can work out a long-term discount. Maybe you could purchase a punch card, every dozen you get a freebie. She might already offer this to her other customers. It encourages customer loyalty while allowing the merchant to keep prices high.

Why has no one started a "TripAdvisor" type "ratings" format for bar women in thailand?

Edited by ClutchClark

If she owns and runs the bar why would you have to pay her a bar fine - or anything for that matter? wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

Obviously, you are unaware of the intent of the barfine. It is revenue for the bar. If you take an offering of the bar away from the bar, you pay the bar. She may indeed not charge you a barfine, but if you want to keep the same happy go lucky arrangement you now enjoy, pay the tab.

Otherwise, you could play the old game--meet me at the seven after work. However, that rarely works with the owner and you have to be a "hansum man" or a "sweetmout" to best play the game.

What are all you experts scribbling ? Who knows and who cares. I have been here 20 years and still don't know what is going on with 'regular' Thais, let alone the Thai prostitutes, who incidentally, I rarely associate with.

They have nothing to say, its the same ol' crap over and over again. Why do you lot get so obsessed with them. Why even tell them what your name is ? Just take them, bonk them and get rid of them. That is what they are here for and nothing else. This is how Thai men treat them, they don't care what their names are or take them for dinner or have silly giggly conversations about rubbish with them. Its ridiculous !

"Just take them, bonk them and get rid of them." Exactly. This is perhaps a better wording of an old strategy, the "Cold Beer Theory". Treat the ladies of negotiable virtue as you would treat a cold beer. Pick one, buy it, consume it, get another.

I have no idea what arrangements you do have with her. Do you just pay for the food, extra money etc. If not then it is entirely up to her to charge you or not. Anyway it is not you who helped her with opening the bar so you can not expect her not to charge you if she wish. But just remember here even if you marry they will still charge you for one reason or the other.

Ha Ha BKK, I know what you mean but TBH, I've seen a lot of guys send over 10000thb a month, only to find their girl was cheating anyway. In answer to your direct question, no, it doesn't bother me.

I know guys that send a lot more than that, but they don't care, they can afford it and it makes them feel good, they do it more for themselves than the recipient.

I wish they'd send me some money every month.