Unsure if SWIFT transfer was completed.

Last Sunday I did my first ever SWIFT transfer from LloydsTSB to my wife's account with Thannachat bank in Thailand.

I received the activation code via an automated phonbe call.

I typed in the amount, filled in the boxes and pressed "continue"

It defaulted back to my accounts screen with no confirmation message or any indication that a transfer was carried out.

It's now Tuesday, and I am fearful of repeating the process in case the transfer was made.

Can anyone give me some advice about this? I was very surprised that there was no indication that anything had happened.

where are you at the moment,if your not in Thailand go to the bank and explain and see if they can sort it out,they might have a limit that can be transferred.and while you are there do it manually at the bank.

maybe the acc.has been cleaned out.

I'm in Thailand.

I might try opening an account myself in Thailand and try again.

The limit is 75,000 pounds. I am transferring less than that.

I was wondering if its my wife's name being written in English on the transfer but in Thai with her account details in Thailand.

I have managed to set her up as a recipient though.

This has nothing to do with your wife name. If the money was not deducted the minute you made the transfer it didn't go through. What you need to do is contact the bank and not ask people here. It could be a bank system error or you are doing something wrong.

are you sure the limit is 75,000gbp. I have an acc.uk and to trans.to Thailand the limit online is 10,000gbp.

get your self an intenational CAT PHONENET CARD to call the uk you get about 3hrs.for 300bht.that is if your bank is in the uk.

but personally I would not try again until you have spoken to your bank,and also chk.with your wf.that you have the correct acc.no's,branch name and address.

This has nothing to do with your wife name. If the money was not deducted the minute you made the transfer it didn't go through. What you need to do is contact the bank and not ask people here. It could be a bank system error or you are doing something wrong.

Not quite true.

With Halifax (the best UK bank for Thailand transfers IMO) it can take a couple of hours for the amount to be deducted from your account.

You do get a payment confirmation though.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Unbelievable

Yeah , you need to get it right , the accounts here with my crew , K bank, BKKB, send a text that its in the account.