Gen Prayuth denies military involvement with the murder of red-shirt activist 'Mai Nueng'

webfact

Gen Prayuth denies military involvement with the murder of “Mai Nueng”

BANGKOK, 29 April 2014 (NNT) – Army Chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha has denied the military’s involvement in the killing of red-shirt activist Kamol Duangphasuk, who is also known by his penname as “Mai Nueng Kor Kunthee”.

Gen Prayuth has warned all ill-intentioned people not to link the military with the murder of Mai Nueng, saying that soldiers would never hurt people and that the military can never be bought by money. He strongly asserted that soldiers only stand to protect the people and the nation.

As for security measures, he said as of now, the military has no plan to reduce the number of military personal deployed in Bangkok and its vicinity. However, he said the matter would have to be discussed with the Center for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) first before any decisions could be made.

Red-shirt activist Kamol Duangphasuk was attacked by an unidentified gunman who shot him twice in the chest. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-29 footer_n.gif

As for security measures, he said as of now, the military has no plan to reduce the number of military personal deployed in Bangkok and its vicinity. However, he said the matter would have to be discussed with the Center for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) first before any decisions could be made.

It seams that Surapong already made the decision yesterday. Or than again, it's Thaksin's cousin and he has a reputation of telling lies.

let's say it was wishful thinking and nothing has been decided yet..

I don't entirely agree with General Prayuth, the Thai military has been known for it's brutality( 1976) and excepting money , perhaps the general is describing what measures he has taken to stop this and in the future this wont happen under he's command , these activists put themselves in danger by their activities and some one some where will not be happy with the situation, as stated before disappearing and murder go hand in hand in Thailand , what a wonderful place the LOS has become. coffee1.gif

Edited by chainarong

Police must focus of some illegal activities of khun Kamol Duangphasuk, to find some answer of his death..... LM suspect Kotee make a trouble tribute to Kamol on his FB page, thanks him for the help to build an underground army !?!

Is there even one single shred of evidence that the army had anything whatsoever to do with it ? Or is there only red bs propaganda designed to make the sheeple hate the army so that the pawns will go and sacrifice themselves fighting against the supposedly bad army people ? My money is 99.9999999999999999 % on the latter.

• Like 1

The Navy has got itself involved in a slander lawsuit against news reporters. I wonder if the Army is trying to "Keep up with the Jones" and getting ready to file its own lawsuits of slander. Maybe that would be the best for all, keep the military in court and off the streets.

Well then please tell us who you think did it?

Kamol was famous for his campain against les majeste.

Back in the 70s the army used to burn people alive and throw them out of helicopters.

In the early nineties they liked to hang students in tyres off democracy monument and set light to them.

Well then please tell us who you think did it?

Kamol was famous for his campain against les majeste.

Back in the 70s the army used to burn people alive and throw them out of helicopters.

He was also famous for other things. Got mentioned in other articles on TVF.

I have no idea who offed him, just saying that there's no clear evidence it was politically motivated.

IMHO General Prayuth is a drop of sanity in a sea of madness

General Prayuth is a sea of madness in a drop of sanity.

"soldiers would never hurt people and that the military can never be bought by money" - what do you say to this comment, except "go and read some books about history"

"soldiers only stand to protect the people and the nation" - 2010? remember 2010?

This country, Thailand, is finished, because it is consumed by lies, principally spread by the ammart.

Edited by anteater

IMHO General Prayuth is a drop of sanity in a sea of madness

General Prayuth is a sea of madness in a drop of sanity.

"soldiers would never hurt people and that the military can never be bought by money" - what do you say to this comment, except "go and read some books about history"

"soldiers only stand to protect the people and the nation" - 2010? remember 2010?

This country, Thailand, is finished, because it is consumed by lies, principally spread by the ammart.

Remember this is 2014

The Thai people I know and are related to and whom I call my friend are all from country families in the N&NE of Thailand (mainly Isaan) because they are the type of people I like.

No I was not in BKK in 2010 - but some of my family and friends were working there and some different aspects of what happen - more than one was wearing red.

More than 90% voted PTP when they were elected to power. Very few of them will vote PTP this time (none will vote democrat because of a life time of insults) most will not vote or will vote no because they feel betrayed by PTP and have been disempowered by being betrayed. Some even believe that it would have been better if the Am had done more - as in a LOT more ...... I am sure you understand.

The Head of the Armed Forces has been under pressure from both sides to react against the other. However he has stood up to the pressure and resisted being carried away in the madness like many other - including people on TVF in both camps.

I restate that this is 2014 and General Prayuth is a drop of sanity in a sea of madness

Is there even one single shred of evidence that the army had anything whatsoever to do with it ? Or is there only red bs propaganda designed to make the sheeple hate the army so that the pawns will go and sacrifice themselves fighting against the supposedly bad army people ? My money is 99.9999999999999999 % on the latter.

I believe the rumours, like the rumours of Prayuth being bribed, were put out by ASTV-Manager, not by red news media. Sondhi seems to really hate Prayuth. And a lot of anti-govt people naturally feel betrayed, they expected the military to step in and "save" the nation again and Prayuth has refused to do the usual thing. After all, if Thai history is anything to go by, there would've been a coup long before now. The majority of reds already hate him (and the military in general, of course), so Prayuth doesn't seem to have too many friends at the moment...