which visa do i need...pls advise..

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thankyou thepool for you're reply,I apologise to anyone who has viewed my topic and found it ridiculous,but I really do find all this visa business quite daunting and confusing and don't know where to startsad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.png

No problem !

Someone may come up with a better solution than me!

A double entry tourist visa used wisely will provide almost six months in Thailand with only one "border run" needed .

You could get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai that would be valid for one year and would give you a 90 day entry each time you enter.

You could also apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration. You would need to have 400k baht in a Thai bank for 60 day in your name only or proof of 40k baht income. You would then get a re-entry permit for your trip out of the country.

There would be no reason to return to the UK.

As long as you can get non-o visas the only need to leave the country would be to get a new entry or visa.

If you get a extension of stay at immigration you would never need to leave the country unless you wanted to.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If I didn't want to leave 400 000baht in the bank would I enter thailand on a non o visa and then would I have to cross the border and come back in every three months for as long as I like?

Visas are time limited and have an expiry date

. You cannot just enter Thailand with NON "O" visa and continue crossing the border every 90 days for as long as you wish.

Thanks all,I keep reading through everything and still find myself going back over everything again and again and leaving myself in a very confused and worried state...in short our plan is for myself,thai wife and daughter to move to thailand in October,I would stay for one month then return to the uk for upto one year tieing up all loose ends etc,then move to thailand on a permanent basis,I don't Want to fly back to the uk because of expense etc,just worried that I'd be forced too,I will make sure I have the 400 000 baht in a thai bank account should this be ok?

Thanks all,I keep reading through everything and still find myself going back over everything again and again and leaving myself in a very confused and worried state...in short our plan is for myself,thai wife and daughter to move to thailand in October,I would stay for one month then return to the uk for upto one year tieing up all loose ends etc,then move to thailand on a permanent basis,I don't Want to fly back to the uk because of expense etc,just worried that I'd be forced too,I will make sure I have the 400 000 baht in a thai bank account should this be ok?

Once you get here and get settled in there will be no need for you to return to the UK unless you want to.

You can put the money in the bank at any time you want as long as it is 60 days before you plan on applying for an extension of stay.