Income letter

Hi,

1. I have a non immigrant O visa. And I will do my first extension of stay later. Is it ok to use use an income letter that is 4½ month old ? Or do I have to get to my Embassy and get a new one?

2. I must do the combination method because I have just below 65,000 in pension. How exactly do I get the papers from my bank ? (Kasikorn) And what kind of paper is it to proof that I have the money? I only need about 200,000 baht because of the combination. I stay in Bangkok

Edited by bangkoklasse

Income letters will be accepted that are up to 6 months old.

The bank letter confirms your balance. Most bank branches should be aware of what you need.

Be sure you have a little extra in the bank to allow for exchange rate changes. Immigration will calculate your income using the rate for the date you apply.

• Like 1

So if I go in to any large Kasikorn Bank in Bangkok, and tell them that I need papers for my extension of stay. They understand what I need? Is it ok to get the papers one week before I go to the Immigration?

Edited by bangkoklasse

The larger branches should know what is needed.

For the bank letter they will want the letter dated no longer than the day before you apply. At others 2 or 3 days is acceptable. You will need to do an update of your bank book on the date you apply.

The bank letter confirms your balance. Most bank branches should be aware of what you need.

Be sure you have a little extra in the bank to allow for exchange rate changes. Immigration will calculate your income using the rate for the date you apply.

Just curious to know wich rate immigration use from wich bank , notes rate or TT rate ?TT rate should be the one normally , as the income (pension ) is coming by transfer , and the savings are on the bank already .... so....?

THX

post-66170-0-25828800-1398849404_thumb.p

Just curious to know wich rate immigration use from wich bank , notes rate or TT rate ?TT rate should be the one normally , as the income (pension ) is coming by transfer , and the savings are on the bank already .... so....?

THX

attachicon.gif2014-04-30_161525.png

The bank will vary from office to office. I have seen them the look at the newspaper to get the rate. Best to do your calculation using the note rate.

My pension is not coming to my Kasikorn account every month. When I go to my Embassy for the income letter, it's my Swedish pension in SEK currency

Immigration will calculate the baht amount using the amount in SEK on your income letter on the date you apply.

Thanks Joe,

Only one more question. My monthly pension is about 70,000 baht. But after tax it's about 52,000 baht. And I have been reading it's after tax. Is that true? And do the Embassy write that on my income letter? Because if they just write 70,000 I don't need any money from the bank.

My pension is not coming to my Kasikorn account every month. When I go to my Embassy for the income letter, it's my Swedish pension in SEK currency

Immigration will calculate the baht amount using the amount in SEK on your income letter on the date you apply.

Last time at CW the Immigration official asked me what the exchange rate was. I showed the Thai Visa 'business news' SMS on my phone from the previous day and that was good enough.

Thanks Joe,

So I have to get the papers one day before I go to Immigration. And then another visit to my bank the next day also.

You should update your bank book and get the letter from the bank manager at the same time, usually best to do it the day that you go to Immigrations or the day before.

The amount shown on the manager's letter and the final amount shown in the bank book must be EXACTLY the same (and probably best to have the same date).

When I get my letter from Bangkok Bank, the manager updates the bank book before writing the letter. Not sure about other banks, but I'm fairly sure that Bangkok Bank expects you to get the letter from the manager of the branch where you maintain/opened the account ... although maybe in Bangkok they will let you do it at any branch.

tell them that I need papers for my extension of stay.

Tell them you need a letter from the manager for Immigrations. You will need your bank book and your passport and probably a fee ... maybe Baht 100 depending on the bank.

Edited by Suradit69

Well about your income letter, i can tell you it is up to the Immigration office how old it can be, No matter what the rules book say.

I know for sure my Immigration office say 30 days max, and send people away if letter is older.

So if it was me, i call them on the phone and ask them to be 100% sure. Only a information.

I will not go to my Embassy and pay for another income letter when the one that I have is 4½. month old. Not if the rules are 6 months. It's nearly as much trouble getting a new income letter as getting to the Immigration.