Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams held over Jean McConville murder

webfact

<

I feel terrible I met and had lunch with Gerry Adams about 15 years ago what a wonderful man a truth freedom fighter

Wow, I thought you were OK from your posts, but with that little gem I think (and I am sure others do) you have joined the TV elite list of complete and absolute W******

No more will I even scan over what you write. The man was a cold blooded murderer who was let off the hook to serve a political purpose. I only saw the words "Sinn Fein Leader Gerry Adams.." on the main news page and clicked on it hoping the rest of the sentence said "found dead". And you feel terrible for him Harry because the Police have arrested him for Murder! Boy oh boy.

Can't make up my mind whether he is a common or garden Troll,or a just a plonker!

• Like 2

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel terrible I met and had lunch with Gerry Adams about 15 years ago what a wonderful man a truth freedom fighter

Freedom fighter????????

You mean TERRORIST!!!!

Looks like we have an IRA sympathiser here........ Child murderers.... Should never have been released, should have ALL been locked up for life and Addams should have been the first.

I will never forgive Tony Blair for apologising to those people.

Disgusting..... I hope he dies in the Maze.

Sorry I just like freedom fighters

One persons freedom fighter is another persons terrorist

Depends on your views

Nelson Mandela was a freedom fighter / terrorist

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Gerry Adams and Nelson Mandela! I'm extremely surprised that you can see a comparison!

Let us not forget Enniskillen, where in 1987 many civilians who while attending the remembrance service for those killed fighting the Nazis, including many Irish Catholics who fought alongside their Protestant Brothers, were themselves targeted by A similar organisation the IRA. Least we forget.

The military went in to protect the Catholic communities in Belfast and the Bogside in August 1969 as the RUC had lost control. There was no alternative to restore law and order at the time.

Yes, and if the British Army had not gone onto the streets of the Bogside the Republic of Ireland army was at the border ready to cross and protect the catholic community of Northern Ireland. Jack Lynch who was Taoiseach of the Republic of Ireland had made a televised speech promising to send their army north, the Unionists could see Ulster becoming part of Eire and the Prime Minister of Nothern Ireland James Chichester Clark asked British Prime Minister Harold Wilson for the British army be sent to Londonderry. One of the main reasons for deploying British troops was the strategic importance of the shipyard Harland and Wolff during the Cold War and to the fledging North Sea oil and gas industry.

BC again thrust into Ireland’s Troubles

The recent arrest of Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams in connection with an infamous decades-old slaying has returned Boston College, an institution with deep Irish roots, to the battles over Northern Ireland’s continuing tormented attempts at peace.
Boston College had reluctantly turned over to British authorities documents from an academic project that had implicated Adams, 65, and the Irish Republican Army in the killing of alleged informer Jean McConville, a disclosure that may have contributed to Adams’s arrest and could threaten a still shaky peace process.
“The fact is, this peace process is still tenuous, and there are still deep tensions between the two parties still in government,” said Niall O’Dowd, founder of the New York-based website IrishCentral.com, which calls itself the largest website in North America focusing on developments in Ireland.
Edited by lomatopo

@ magic

Funny you dont see the comparison. For Mandela's funeral, gerry adams was invited to be in the gaurd of honour. Not sure if any British politicians had the same honour?

He was chosen due to his relationship with mandela and his work towards eventually bringing peace to NI. Internationally, Adams has earned some respect, whether select sections of britain may like it or not.

Also worth noting....Martin Mc Guinness ate lunch with the queen of Ingland just a few weeks ago. A positive development in Hiberno-Anglo relations and nice to see things moving the right direction.

The military went in to protect the Catholic communities in Belfast and the Bogside in August 1969 as the RUC had lost control. There was no alternative to restore law and order at the time.

Yes, and if the British Army had not gone onto the streets of the Bogside the Republic of Ireland army was at the border ready to cross and protect the catholic community of Northern Ireland. Jack Lynch who was Taoiseach of the Republic of Ireland had made a televised speech promising to send their army north, the Unionists could see Ulster becoming part of Eire and the Prime Minister of Nothern Ireland James Chichester Clark asked British Prime Minister Harold Wilson for the British army be sent to Londonderry. One of the main reasons for deploying British troops was the strategic importance of the shipyard Harland and Wolff during the Cold War and to the fledging North Sea oil and gas industry.

The below is an extract from an Irish TV program called "Reeling in the years". The below is set in 1969 and includes the speech you refer to.

The full "Reeling in the Years" programs contain Irish and World news clips from each year since 1962, accompanied by popular music of the year. These are available on youtube and would be of interest to many as it has a wide range of different events and has rare footage of world events also, for anyone wishing to have a nostalgic look at the past.

@ magic

Funny you dont see the comparison. For Mandela's funeral, gerry adams was invited to be in the gaurd of honour. Not sure if any British politicians had the same honour?

He was chosen due to his relationship with mandela and his work towards eventually bringing peace to NI. Internationally, Adams has earned some respect, whether select sections of britain may like it or not.

Also worth noting....Martin Mc Guinness ate lunch with the queen of Ingland just a few weeks ago. A positive development in Hiberno-Anglo relations and nice to see things moving the right direction.

"Also worth noting....Martin Mc Guinness ate lunch with the queen of Ingland just a few weeks ago. A positive development in Hiberno-Anglo relations and nice to see things moving the right direction."

Just because the Establishment put on show for the masses,don't expect that the people believe it!

• Like 1

@ magic

"Also worth noting....Martin Mc Guinness ate lunch with the queen of Ingland just a few weeks ago. A positive development in Hiberno-Anglo relations and nice to see things moving the right direction."

Just because the Establishment put on show for the masses,don't expect that the people believe it!

I bet Phil the Greek hacked up some nice ones into his cucumber sandwiches.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

@ magic

Did you change your TV name for this thread macsurtain? You don't seem to have posted anywhere else.

You like to speak of collateral damage mac, but there is a big difference between that and indiscriminate murder by planting bombs deliberately to kill and maim. As for instance your good friends killed at least one genuinely innocent catholic at the Canary Wharf bombing that you feel was fully justified.

Is it true that the provos killed more catholics than the loyalist paramilitaries?

@ magic

Did you change your TV name for this thread macsurtain? You don't seem to have posted anywhere else.

You like to speak of collateral damage mac, but there is a big difference between that and indiscriminate murder by planting bombs deliberately to kill and maim. As for instance your good friends killed at least one genuinely innocent catholic at the Canary Wharf bombing that you feel was fully justified.

Is it true that the provos killed more catholics than the loyalist paramilitaries?

why would i change my TV name? I am curious as to where this suspicion comes from. Perhaps this is the only thread I have ever bothered to post on?

I never said anywhere that they were my friends. If you need reading lessons i can pass on a number to a good teacher. Have a good day.

Edited by macsuirtain

Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams has insisted he was not involved in the murder of Jean McConville, following his release from police custody this evening.

The Sinn Féin President and Louth TD was questioned for four days by police in Co Antrim investigating the IRA abduction and murder of Ms McConville in 1972.

Speaking at a press conference following his release, Mr Adams said he was innocent of any involvement in the murder of Mrs McConville.

Mr Adams said he made himself available to talk to police following a "sustained, malicious, untruthful and sinister campaign" against him alleging his involvement in Ms McConville’s death.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0504/615151-gerry-adams-psni/

Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams has insisted he was not involved in the murder of Jean McConville, following his release from police custody this evening.

The Sinn Féin President and Louth TD was questioned for four days by police in Co Antrim investigating the IRA abduction and murder of Ms McConville in 1972.

Speaking at a press conference following his release, Mr Adams said he was innocent of any involvement in the murder of Mrs McConville.

Mr Adams said he made himself available to talk to police following a "sustained, malicious, untruthful and sinister campaign" against him alleging his involvement in Ms McConville’s death.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0504/615151-gerry-adams-psni/

"Oh" he said he was not involved, so that must be true. 555555

• 4 weeks later...

Is Jerry Adams an elected Politician to Westminster.

Well is this a message to the Catholic supporters of Northern Ireland, your leader gets paid a handsome salary by his enemy.

I don't think he is an MP in Westminster. Although I believe he used to be, prior to 2011. You could have worded your comment better- The leader of the catholic Sinn Fein was paid by the government, while at the same time leading the killing of innocent people including fellow Catholics.