Thai Airways to get first-ever CFO from outside the company

webfact

I smell bankruptcy...followed by compete blame and criminal proceedings brought against the newly hired "foreigner" CFO...how convenient for those Thais who have mismanaged the company for years...

New CFO...be very careful...this is Thailand...

This is the main reason I suggested that they need to pay a high salary to a financial whiz kid foreigner who knows the airline industry:

" It also suffered a big loss last year and is shouldering long-term debt from aircraft leasing."

These 2 problems need some creative solutions, and sure THAI also needs someone who can get some competitive pricing back into sales, and I agree that the freebies for the pollies and hangers on need to be eliminated immediately.

Golden Tonsils once said that perhaps you need someone with a terminal illness to make the tough decisions, because they are not afraid of any retributions!

This is the main reason I suggested that they need to pay a high salary to a financial whiz kid foreigner who knows the airline industry:" It also suffered a big loss last year and is shouldering long-term debt from aircraft leasing."These 2 problems need some creative solutions, and sure THAI also needs someone who can get some competitive pricing back into sales, and I agree that the freebies for the pollies and hangers on need to be eliminated immediately.Golden Tonsils once said that perhaps you need someone with a terminal illness to make the tough decisions, because they are not afraid of any retributions!

It can and will only be solved by one act. Ruthless rationalisation and cutting benefits. Every airline has had to do it over the years and Thai is not immune. Why should it be.

I smell bankruptcy...followed by compete blame and criminal proceedings brought against the newly hired "foreigner" CFO...how convenient for those Thais who have mismanaged the company for years...

New CFO...be very careful...this is Thailand...

Once again, NOWHERE does it say foreigner.

They should get the CFO from Siam Cement or somehwere of similar size, standing and clean reputation. I hope he can hire his own driver and gets fitted for a vest, because if he starts proposing cuts, there is going to be blood on the moon. It is one of the cushiest most corrupt jobs to obtain in THailand.