Former Phuket police volunteer Garry Halpin jailed for dealing meth

webfact

Was he "defrocked" of his volunteer tourist police uniform? biggrin.png

Hey, don’t call him on that one...he just might produce his badge... 1zgarz5.gif

“Look like that man than showed me some road rage then when of stopped the car he showed me his police cap and said If I take him on then I take on the Phuket police.”

Why do you think he "sullies the good name of the rest of us"?

He doesn't. It's all in your mind.

Speak for yourself.

I did.

So, let me get this clear. Because another farang commits a crime, you're afraid that other Thais will think you're a criminal, too and just as bad?

If that is true, then that particular Thai must be very unintelligent and not worthy of worrying about.

I think you under-estimate most Thais, which could be construed as rather insulting.

Sir, I partially concur with you here but even more mysterious is the statement alluding to the fact that the evil farang has a good name to besmirch. They come over here with their money, international aid, technology, etc, and then demand a good name...I dunno. As to either over/under estimating the locals – don’t, it will make your brain ache too mutt.

OK, it was just a personal perception from an isolated farang in deepest, darkest Surin. Sorry if I offended anyone and their sensitivities. Unless you have been here and experienced the Elephant Round Up in Surin, or the Valentines Day Wedding Ceremony at Ban Ta Klang and only know Thailand from a BKK, Pattaya, Phuket, Hua Hin then fair enough. Please believe me, a lot of Thais here are clueless about the outside world. I have fast broadband and only today, men working on my house were amazed in more ways than one when I showed them the Pattaya Song video from youtube. Edited by watso63

Was he "defrocked" of his volunteer tourist police uniform? biggrin.png

Hey, don’t call him on that one...he just might produce his badge... 1zgarz5.gif

“Look like that man than showed me some road rage then when of stopped the car he showed me his police cap and said If I take him on then I take on the Phuket police.”

If this ever happened to me, I think I would just ride off.

If I was chased up by the BiB later, I could always say he didn't produce a permit from the Governor stating he could collect donations. biggrin.png

Just another scamming farang on Phuket. Nothing new.