Can I get an HDMI input splitter for my TV?

Mobi

My new 50 inch LG TV only has one HDMI input. I need two - 1 for CTH TV and 1 for movies etc from my laptop.

Rather than having to switch cables each time I change the source, is there such a thing as an active input splitter/adaptor?

Or am I pxxing in the wind?

Thanks for any expert replies.

Mobi.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes there are HDMI input switches, just Google it. Although they may be hard to find in Thailand. My older TV's have multiple ports whereas my newer TV's only have one HDMI port. sad.png

Edited by BB1950

Thanks but as far as I can see, only the belkin provides input from a variety of output sources.

The rest are providing many inputs (to several tv's) from a single output source. I have one of those and it works well.

Yes there are HDMI input switches, just Google it. Although they may be hard to find in Thailand. My older TV's have multiple ports whereas my newer TV's only have one HDMI port. sad.png

Thanks

I guess I'll take trip to tuk com and see what they have.

Afraid that you will just have to walk around Tukcom and find one. They are available but the stores change so often I wouldn't even try to tell you where I bought mine

I think that the floor above the mobile phone area. The stores along the wall will be your best bet.

There is one advantage to buying a powered one, they come with a remote to change input source

It seems that the recent basic TV's are lacking in multiple HDMI inputs and also headphone and audio out. All they have is 1 HDMI and a digital optical out for audio out, which is OK,if you have a long enough lead. (which I don't)

All my older TV's - Samsung and LG have all the inputs and outputs you can dream of but I can only assume that these days the manufacturers are cutting corners to save money.

I will certainly check more carefully next time I buy a TV. I never imagined an LG TV would only have 1 HDMI input, my 42 inch at home has 3.

Anyway thanks for the input. I will take a trip to Tuk Com and see what they have.

I'm surprised to hear a new 50 inch TV only has 1 HDMI in. I bought the cheapest 32" LCD TV from Lazada last month (6000b) and it has four HDMI inputs.

Nobody was more surprised than me. I bought a 42 inch LG TV two years ago and it had 3 HDMI input sockets and a proper audio out (RCA type red and white), which is why I didn't bother to check... silly me.

This 50 inch LG has a single HDMI and no proper audio out except digital optical, which is a pain and as yet I haven't found a digital cable long enough to connect it to my amplifier.

We live and learn...

I'm surprised to hear a new 50 inch TV only has 1 HDMI in. I bought the cheapest 32" LCD TV from Lazada last month (6000b) and it has four HDMI inputs.

Nobody was more surprised than me. I bought a 42 inch LG TV two years ago and it had 3 HDMI input sockets and a proper audio out (RCA type red and white), which is why I didn't bother to check... silly me.....

I would guess, your "new" TV is a Plasma?

They sell of cheap everywhere now and some of them are "old fashioned" budget models with only one HDMI.

However, you know now, where you can get them....wink.png