Rice scheme case: Verdict could force Yingluck to step down, serve time

webfact

Allow me to be the first to come in here and laugh hysterically at the idea that she will spend a single night in a jail cell. cheesy.gif

You are right.... But a threat of jail will certainly see her banished from the land, and that in itself is another axe blow to the Shin Clan... So don't be too surprised if a prison sentence is in fact served up if only to make this happen.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rejects the National Anti-Corruption Commission's authority to look into alleged graft in the rice-pledging scheme, saying taking the case to the NACC was illegal.

She rejects the National Anti-Corruption Commissions authority to investigate corruption.

Thats a great start.

What does she think their job is ?

I think that the argument goes thusly. Only the government can submit cases to the NACC. So it is illegal and wrong for the NACC to consider corruption cases that the government doesn't submit. Hence, no case against Yingluck or anyone in the government is possible, unless the government decides to punish one of their own.

Whether their argument is legally solid or not is not clear to me (no a lawyer). However in my opinion it is definitely morally wrong, and if their argument is correct, there is definitely a need for a change to the law/constitution, because making the government immune from corruption prosecution is bad for the country.

If there was even the slightest possibility that the NACC doesn't have authority in this matter, the PTP government would have already petitioned the Constitutional Court to rule on the reach/scope of the NACC. Government corruption is the main focus of the NACC.

The rice-pledging scheme is one of the government's most immediate and basic policies that both the government and its Cabinet are mutually responsible for. Therefore, if the prime minister orders the suspension of the project, it could violate the Constitution's Section 178, which obliges the government to implement what it announces to Parliament.

So it would would seem that if a party makes an election promise then gets into Govt they must keep that promise regardless of how much damage it can cause.

So if a party promised something that is later found to be faulty and to implement it would cause a million deaths then those people must die because it was an election promise.

Or in this case the country stands to lose around a trillion Baht and millions of farmers are forced into debt.

Thats OK because it was an election promise and must be kept.

While it seems a good idea to keep parties to their election promises there must be a limit where stupidity take over.

Still a Govt with any honor and sense of responsabiity would resign before that point was reached.

• Like 1

The Prime Minister will not go to jail.

Any attempt to take this inquisition down that path will see an outright uprising and a strong display of public disgust at the process.

Even people who want to see the PTP replaced do not wish for the PM to be treated in this manner.

The usual threats from the reds... Maybe you should apply for an internship at Chalerm's office... coffee1.gif

Any attempt to take this inquisition down that path will see an outright uprising and a strong display of public disgust at the process.

Even people who want to see the PTP replaced do not wish for the PM to be treated in this manner.

Why shouldn't the caretaker PM go to jail,is she above the law.She should be jailed for taking advice from convicted crims,hows that for starters.

• Like 1

She isn't the PM as well you know. She stopped officially being that when she dissolved parliament. She continues in the role of caretaker PM and caretaker DM with very limited powers.

I doubt she will ever see jail time - rich HiSo elite Chinese Thais never do, regardless of their crimes. She fits all this criteria.

I doubt there will be a mass exodus of enforced exiles. The worst is that some may have to loose face and answer some questions about there unusual massive wealth increases over the last 3 years, But, that will get swept under the carpet.

People on here continue to compare Thailand to a Western democracy. It's nothing like. Justice and the application of laws has very different dimensions here.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Speak for yerself Mate!

You obviously did not ask for my opinion GK............................................clap2.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

She isn't the PM as well you know. She stopped officially being that when she dissolved parliament. She continues in the role of caretaker PM and caretaker DM with very limited powers.

I doubt she will ever see jail time - rich HiSo elite Chinese Thais never do, regardless of their crimes. She fits all this criteria.

I doubt there will be a mass exodus of enforced exiles. The worst is that some may have to loose face and answer some questions about there unusual massive wealth increases over the last 3 years, But, that will get swept under the carpet.

People on here continue to compare Thailand to a Western democracy. It's nothing like. Justice and the application of laws has very different dimensions here.

But BB, if she is hi-so and elite does that mean she is one of the crowd of evil so-and-sos the red flag wavers have been condemning on this forum for years ?

" As chair of the National Rice Policy Committee, Yingluck established 12 subcommittees to oversee and suppress any graft problems arising from the project. Caretaker Labour Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung was given the job of looking into corruption related to the scheme since early 2012. "

This is Yingluck's defense ?

What do you think, Einstein? I suspect there is a bit more to it than that. tuzki-bunny-emoticon-023.gif

cheesy.gif

Hilarious ! Fabio banging his head against the wall, frustrated because he cannot convince anyone that he is right and we are all wrong ! clap2.gif

• Like 1

I want the books to be scrutinized and I want the graft to be investigated and I wish for Yingluck to spend at least 1 day in jail for each 1000 baht of money or worth of rice that is unaccounted for. Meanwhile, let's say that she can pay it off at a higher rate ( because we have to add interest at 25% per year ) See how much lost money and / or rice miraculously suddenly reappears. I think that would be extremely leniient on her really...

I want the books to be scrutinized and I want the graft to be investigated and I wish for Yingluck to spend at least 1 day in jail for each 1000 baht of money or worth of rice that is unaccounted for. Meanwhile, let's say that she can pay it off at a higher rate ( because we have to add interest at 25% per year ) See how much lost money and / or rice miraculously suddenly reappears. I think that would be extremely leniient on her really...

You guys are hilarious. You think she took the money? You really think that if money did go missing she should be the one and only to be punished.

If it did go missing it will involve thousands of dirty little mittens in the pie.

You guys are hilarious. You think she took the money? You really think that if money did go missing she should be the one and only to be punished.

If it did go missing it will involve thousands of dirty little mittens in the pie.

The boss has to take the wrap, if she turned a blind eye, she is responsible there is no way out of it.

CEO's get the chop, whether it be politician or football manager, even if those under are guilty a good CEO would be on the ball not to let it happen.

If they are not competent / no experience no excuse should not be appointed initially and to top it normally a person would refuse the job knowing they would be out of their depth.

• Like 1

who? you maybe. i would very much like to see her commit suicide. its the only way to bring honour to her family. just do it.

you have no idea what her lies and policies have done to the poor and working class.

RICE SCHEME

1st CAR SCHEME

ONE CHILD ONE TABLET SCHEME

100 baht HEALTH CARE SCHEME (at whose expense?, riddled with corruption, and ridiculously long waits)

!st HOME OWNERS SCHEME

Shady land deals for friends and family left and right.

promises of developing rural voters with WATER, SCHOOLS, and roads. ZERO progress.

A korean Principal committed suicide when the shame was heavy. Yingluck will point fingers when HER FAULT is heavy.

i dont have to link crap. . use google you terds.

an explosion of violence will start when she is removed

the rayban monk never served time for all his crimes ,none of them do their time

Will you and your kin be in the crowd?

No time to read all the thread but if Yingluck serves even a nano-second of a custodial sentence i will eat my shorts and put the pics on TV.

This is a cool country where you can engage in up to 600 billion in corruption and face a fine of between 2000 and 20000 baht. Thailand hub of deterrents.

• Like 2

an explosion of violence will start when she is removed

the rayban monk never served time for all his crimes ,none of them do their time

"An explosion of violence"... Yeah, right. cheesy.gif Followed by civil war and global armageddon. Help! Help! The sky is falling!!

Whether she's removed though is one thing; thrown in the slammer another.. It will be interesting to see how her departure is choreographed.. Maybe there's some foreign state visit being organized even as we speak.

I think it would be fair to say that I am not a shin /yingluck fan and I have mentioned that I have some concerns about the whole scheme thumbsup.gif

Lets assume that there is some corruption in the scheme. TIT

The cash will not have directly gone to Yingluck or even the top of the PTP, more likely it would have been directed lower to pay for loyalty and cooperation in other matter. If they prove corruption I think that you would find that at some point it will cross party line - this has been the experience in every other country.

Every party has good people, every party has bad people - only the ratios change

Please please make my dream come true, and get rid of Yingluck.... wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

And no she will not serve jail time. When the verdict is announced, she will be close

to the airport, where a private jet will be warmed up and waiting. I would also love

to see a intensive investigation into where all that money went, and then do a clawback

on all the people who had their finger in the rice pie. The rice scam may be sort of

amusing for farangs, but the reality is , it is the Thai people's money that has been

stolen from them.....

Please please make my dream come true, and get rid of Yingluck.... wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

And no she will not serve jail time. When the verdict is announced, she will be close

to the airport, where a private jet will be warmed up and waiting. I would also love

to see a intensive investigation into where all that money went, and then do a clawback

on all the people who had their finger in the rice pie. The rice scam may be sort of

amusing for farangs, but the reality is , it is the Thai people's money that has been

stolen from them.....

What makes you think farangs are "amused" by it, whereas you (apart from everyone else) understand the people have had their money stolen?

If Yingluck were found guilty criminally, she could face a prison term of one to 10 years and/or a fine of between Bt2,000 and Bt20,000.

Wow, a whopping 2000 baht. That's gotta hurt.

Lucky for her there isn't a government in place which could update the laws to this day and age.

stolen from them.....

What makes you think farangs are "amused" by it, whereas you (apart from everyone else) understand the people have had their money stolen?

Amusing given the clarity of hindsight........ Countless farangs on TV said from day one

this was a scam. And of course the rose colored glasses brigade on TV were saying this was a

brilliant idea that would help the poor farmers. And now, as the breathtaking scope of the scam

is revealed, I am pretty sure that this will go down as the greatest corruption scam

in the history of Thailand . Made all the more bizarre as it was touted as a boon for the farmers.

Sort of like publicly saying you are going to help someone, and then you rob them....

But your are right about one thing. There are probably quite a few farangs upcountry living

the Isan dream who are in the family rice business, and I suspect they are not amused..

The boss has to take the wrap, if she turned a blind eye, she is responsible there is no way out of it.

CEO's get the chop, whether it be politician or football manager, even if those under are guilty a good CEO would be on the ball not to let it happen.

If they are not competent / no experience no excuse should not be appointed initially and to top it normally a person would refuse the job knowing they would be out of their depth.

Fair enough.

As of course I have said elsewhere, they should also clean up the others who actually did the deed. She might be guilty of a blind eye, but do you really believe that the thousand others wi get done?

That, by definition is a witch hunt. They are looking to get her and no one else. Certainly no one down the good chain is going to get done over.

If I were her, I would simply proclaim that she will turn state evidence to save her own ass. The amount of people she could finger is enormous.

stolen from them.....

Amusing given the clarity of hindsight........ Countless farangs on TV said from day one

this was a scam. And of course the rose colored glasses brigade on TV were saying this was a

brilliant idea that would help the poor farmers. And now, as the breathtaking scope of the scam

is revealed, I am pretty sure that this will go down as the greatest corruption scam

in the history of Thailand . Made all the more bizarre as it was touted as a boon for the farmers.

Sort of like publicly saying you are going to help someone, and then you rob them....

But your are right about one thing. There are probably quite a few farangs upcountry living

the Isan dream who are in the family rice business, and I suspect they are not amused..

I can't speak for anyone else (as you apparently can), but I don't find scams "amusing". I find it sad that so many bought the PTP snake oil and ended up getting hurt. Shin-rouge like to depict the anti-government factions as taking pleasure in the misery of these rice-farmers, but that's just pure political pot-stirring.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Fair enough.

As of course I have said elsewhere, they should also clean up the others who actually did the deed. She might be guilty of a blind eye, but do you really believe that the thousand others wi get done?

That, by definition is a witch hunt. They are looking to get her and no one else. Certainly no one down the good chain is going to get done over.

If I were her, I would simply proclaim that she will turn state evidence to save her own ass. The amount of people she could finger is enormous.

She would not last the week, Shinawatra or not.