Asus ZenFone 4-5-6: when / where in Thailand?

Invadeit shows the 5 & 6 on their site now - http://www.invadeit.co.th/category/smartphones/asus/

invadeit, not in stock and.....as (almost) always: far overpriced.

The 6" Zenfone usually sells for ~200 USD.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Asus-ZenFone-6-hands-on_id51046

I would suggest to wait a few weeks, until it is in the 6-7000 Baht range at IT city or MBK/Fortune...wink.png

Edited by Turkleton

Prices for Thailand seem to be that way indeed (though InvadeIT sells the 6" version a little more expensive): 4" same / cheaper as US, 5" and 6" more expensive:

4" 100USD - 3000THB

5" 150USD - 6000THB

6" 200USD - 9000THB (invadeIT 10000)

Either way this is a lot of phone for the money me thinks ...

invadeit, not in stock

Not sure exactly but suspect these phones are quite new and perhaps, as such, not yet available?

They do show on the Asus/Thailand website so would expect they will be localized/launched here at some point.

Asus doesn't really have a very strong presence here re: phones, so maybe they are ramping up for big local ZenFone launch?

You could contact Asus/Thailand to get a feel for availability.

http://www.sahaphap.com/asus-zenfone-4-zenfone-5-zenfone-6-thailand-mobile-expo-2014/

http://www.arip.co.th/asus-thailand-launch-zenfone/

https://www.google.com/search?q=asus+zenfone+thailand&oq=asus+zenfone+thailand&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60.5543j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Edited by lomatopo

well, for everybody who wants to root Asus phones with a X86 cpu, or likes custom Roms, I would suggest to wait a little bit.

When I bought my (cheap) Asus Fonepad, it was a pain in the a_s_s to get it rooted.

The bootloader is locked until today, so no custom Roms or Cynogenmod.

The promised Android upgrade to 4.3 has never arrived, so I stick with a two year old 4.1.2.

The Zenfone 6" is really cheap too, so I would not expect any long term support. (more than six months)

But if you don't need updates/root/etc., I am sure the Zenfone is a good phone for just 200 USD.

App. 6K baht for the 5" is cheap man, yes I am interested too for sure.

The 6" might be a bit too big but hard to say before one have a play with one.

The 4" is too small for my ageing eyes and have been using 5" for a while now, no problem.

baht 2,990.-

4.5Wh, Typ 1200mAh, removable polymer battery

carry a spare? dont know how long it will surf for. guess it depends on distances.

http://www.shopat7.com/mobile/asus/zenfone-4-white?gclid=CKaj_e36m74CFUcpjgodZrUAQw

Android JellyBean 4.3 ( will update to 4.4 KitKat ) with ASUS ZenUI

dont knowwhat this ZenUI is. can ubuntu be put on it instead?

Edited by poxy one

@Poxy one, that's the 4" version, indeed weak battery. 5" has a 2110mAh and 6" a 3300mAh, both also not super-batteries but appropriate for this price segment of phones.

ZenUI = Graphic Interface shell put on android OS ... Ubuntu on an android smartphone I never heard of but then again, who am I?

@Poxy one, that's the 4" version, indeed weak battery. 5" has a 2110mAh and 6" a 3300mAh, both also not super-batteries but appropriate for this price segment of phones.

ZenUI = Graphic Interface shell put on android OS ... Ubuntu on an android smartphone I never heard of but then again, who am I?

this phone is atom x86 phone processor. mostly android phones are ARM processors.

x86 is what netbooks are and of course these x86 netbooks run ubuntu.

if ubuntu will go on this phone is still to be determined.

that it is able to change the android os points to it being unlocked and able to be ubuntued. my guess.

Edited by poxy one

So I made my way to the mobile expo today. When I asked to buy a zenfone 4 the staff outright laughed - said sold out since morning, every morning. Hotcakes. Gotta be there not too long after shipment delivery to get your hands on one.

So I made my way to the mobile expo today. When I asked to buy a zenfone 4 the staff outright laughed - said sold out since morning, every morning. Hotcakes. Gotta be there not too long after shipment delivery to get your hands on one.

Guess you had bad lack. It was available Saturday at a few different places, on of them I-mobile. Mrs bought one today. However only available in white. Regarding the Zen 5 there is a shipment coming in for appr. 1500 units and all has been sold out. However according to an Asus-staff it is expected to have 4,5,6 available all over Thailand in June.

• Like 1

The Thai specification:

Navigation

GPS, A-GPS and Glonass (we use larger screen for navigation so have not yet tried it out)

Others

Battery has low capacity, 1200 mAh. But our came with two batteries in the box - guess all will come the same.

Camera has no auto focus and no flash

8 GB Storage (will also be sold in 4 GB at other countries)

Good value at thb 2.990!!

The Thai specification:

Navigation

GPS, A-GPS and Glonass (we use larger screen for navigation so have not yet tried it out)

Others

Battery has low capacity, 1200 mAh. But our came with two batteries in the box - guess all will come the same.

Camera has no auto focus and no flash

8 GB Storage (will also be sold in 4 GB at other countries)

Good value at thb 2.990!!

Thanks for the info

Yes good value for the money thumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I have read several reports saying that the Asus Zenfone 4 has a GPS option , and some reports that say the Zenfone 4 does not have GPS

can any one confirm ?

most any phone that has 3g internet can do google maps app which is free and good enough for me to be able to find myself and what i am looking for. not to mention, tell me what bus to catch, where and at what time around bkk metro.

Going to have a search for them tomorrow in Surat...

Not sure where I might find one though ?

Be interested also to hear from anyone who has bought one.

Maybe the phone stores in Central?

Checked with couple phone stores in Central World. None of them had Zenphone. One of them said ZF6 will be available this month.