PM Yingluck: Thai workers are valuable citizens

webfact

PM: Thai workers are valuable citizens

wo.jpg

BANGKOK, 2 May 2014 (NNT) – Prime Minister and Defense Minister Yingluck Shinawatra says workers are the valuable human resource of the country and the most important factor that drives the nation forward.

On the occasion of the National Labor Day, the Thai Premier posted a message on her Facebook page, saying workers are the driving force of Thailand that stabilizes the economy.

She also offered her best wishes to all the workers while expressing her gratitude for all their hard work, adding that Thailand would not have progressed this far if without their roles.

She noted that her government has been doing its best in supporting the Thai workers, helping them improve their quality of life as well as increase their daily minimum wage to 300 baht.

The National Labor Day falls on May 1st of every year. It is a celebration of laborers and the working class people that is promoted by the international labor movement.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-02 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

"Thai Premier posted a message on her Facebook page, saying workers are the driving force of Thailand that stabilizes the economy."

I wonder, how many workers are on Facebook and ever read her comments.

But I have to congratulate her, she invented a new trend...........govern by Facebook.

Edited by Costas2008
  • Like 1

"workers are the valuable human resource of the country and the most important factor that drives the nation forward."

"Which is why it took me & my government 18-months, to get them their full promised increase in minimum-pay, and I've done nothing further for them on that since ? facepalm.gif

P.S. Vote for Meeee ! Thank-you three times !" wink.png

• Like 2

Thailand's former 'CEO' certainly regarded the Thai workers as an important resource. I bet he wishes they still worked for him.

In fact this truly patronising statement has his signature all over it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sad that it appears that cheap labour is still the number one factor for Thai business.

In the major industries , if the labour wasn't cheap Thailand would be in one hell of a mess, because the big industry wouldn't be here.

• Like 2

And once again she addresses the nation via... (wait for it)... Facebook

Congratulations Thailand. You have the government (or lack thereof) you deserve.

Have you learned your lesson yet? Ok, silly question.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sad that it appears that cheap labour is still the number one factor for Thai business.

In the major industries , if the labour wasn't cheap Thailand would be in one hell of a mess, because the big industry wouldn't be here.

In the major.industries it isn't so cheap anymore...I think she was referring to the 300 a day labour, not qualified employee workers.

Considering that all the construction labour in Thailand is usually done by exploited and desperate people from Burma, Cambo, etc., this seems a bit funny. Perhaps having a special holiday in Thailand to honour its neighbours and recognize that the country was actually built by bargain-priced foreign labour from them would be more appropriate.

Besides, most reasonably educated 10-year-old children understand that a country without a workforce is an impossible situation. Assembling a live prop for her facebook broadcast to say such patronizing crap is so typical of Ms. Shinawatra. This is just another of the standard shallow a**-kissing statements that this women specializes in.

Then again, maybe she's referring to the fact the so few Thais who have jobs actually work at their jobs, that she's thanking the few that do. (Joking, of course, but can't help think that way sometimes when I'm in some of the stores where a dozen staff are in eyesight but all of them inert.)

Edited by Brevity

Prime Minister and Defense Minister Yingluck Shinawatra says workers are the valuable human resource of the country and the most important factor that drives the nation forward and makes the brother rich.

"workers are the valuable human resource of the country and the most important factor that drives the nation forward."

Let me correct that for you:

workers are the valuable human resource of the country and should be the most important factor that drives the nation forward, would I not be exploiting them to drive big bro bank account balance up . sick.gifsick.gif

"Prime Minister and Defense Minister Yingluck Shinawatra says workers are the valuable human resource of the country"

Pity the same can't be said for the govt. who are only interested in lining their own pockets...mad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qs.gifcoffee1.gif

Oh, the workers are only interested in lining their own pockets too. The difference is they do it legally, by actually working for it.

Prime Minister and Defense Minister Yingluck Shinawatra says workers are the valuable human resource of the country and the most important factor that drives the nation forward

...and the government is a parasitic and self-serving institution and the most important factor that holds the nation back.

(gotta keep things in balance, ja naaa)